Lewis Group of Companies

www.lewisop.com

Lewis Group of Companies Reviews

Richard & Robert Lewis

Honestly, a pretty stand up place to work for!

ProsRecently increased their commission structure for leasing consultants.
    Week long training session at corporate for new employees before throwing you in to the mix.
    They recognize talent and promote from within.

ConsNONE - All of the commissions for the leasing teams throughout the company have increased across the board. I am definitely not planning on leaving for a long time!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

I am very satisfied and can not wait to see what opportunity comes next for me here.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) Upland, CA

ProsWork life balance is great, very happy with co workers, open communication between employees and supervisors, team atmosphere and very flexible.

ConsThere is a high turnover of employees.

One of the best companies I have work for.

Business Manager (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsI started with working for Lewis Apartment Communities October 2007 as a Leasing Consultant. I starting at a small property and shortly after was promoted to leasing consultant to one of Lewis’s largest properties, Homecoming. I worked at Homecoming for about 2 years under the supervision of some of the greatest roll models . On August 31st 2012, I left the company to pursue a career advancement as assistant community director for another property management company. I enjoyed working for that property management company, but I always knew that I wanted to return to my Lewis family one day. Lewis to me has been like a family, the staff is very friendly always there to listen to any suggestions that we have to improve the company or community. I was recently hired back to Lewis on January 31st 2012 as a Business Manager. I am so happy and excited to be working for Lewis again. It is truly a great company that encourages growth with in the company and a friendly environment.

ConsIf there is anything I would change about the company it would be their commission structure for leasing consultants. Other companies I have worked for offer a larger commission rate depending on the lease term. This encourages leasing consulates to offer longer lease terms rather then short lease terms.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Culture, Excellent Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Upland, CA

ProsThe culture at Lewis is great. The management is cohesive and the business knowledge and leadership is great! I give a big thumbs up!

ConsLewis also needs to be careful not to micromanage too much and be sure to give enough free reigns in order to appropriately carry out performance.

Lewis is all around the best company I have worked for!

Manager (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsI started with Lewis with a desire for an opportunity to grow and advance with a company, Lewis has provided that for me and much more. The quality of employees hired with Lewis is outstanding and the supervisors are always teaching and guiding their employees so we can better ourselves and our communities. I have been fortunate enough to work for with three amazing supervisors with Lewis. The supervisors have very different management styles and that has been a benefit for me to learn and grow as a manager myself. The overarching theme I have personally found working for Lewis is that the company and its supervisors care about their employees and want to make sure there their employees are happy.

I have found that Lewis rewards employees who are hard working, motivated, and are eager to learn. The company also acknowledges and recognizes employees throughout the year with "Credo" lunches and awards to those who go above and beyond the call of duty and through annual company award ceremonies.

Lewis listens to their employees by having new employee company breakfasts with the owners, a yearly update on what is happening within the company, and by utilizing a survey system after training to improve on the current processes. Lewis provides extensive training programs for all employees, buddy training (so you have someone to call when you have a question), and fantastic benefits (including amazing tickets to events that are going on the in the greater Los Angeles area). Some companies are making cuts to staff and their products, but Lewis is continually developing new positions and properties which is a good sign for continual job security.

ConsFor some it may be a downfall that the company is so structured and policy/procedure oriented, but for me I see it as a benefit that we know what is expected.

RUN!!!!!RUN FAST!!!!!!!!

Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) Upland, CA

ProsI guess the very minimal camaraderie that can be found with very selected few employees.The internal training on appliance repair is very beneficial if that is still offered.

ConsImprove on Senior management,Improve on Senior management,Improve on Senior management.

Very High employee turnover.

Expectations are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay too many Chiefs & not enough Indians!!!!

Senior Management needs to embrace this old saying,.......

You can catch a lot more Flies with Honey than Vinegar.

Also,Stop Lying.

If you have a property manager the job is great, if not good luck!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Upland, CA

ProsThe training is very straight forward, easy to learn. The procedures are outline clearly and other leasing consultants are very helpful. The residents also make for great customers and it is easy to build working relationships with the residents. Nice hours and partially commission paid. If you find a good property to work at and a good community director then this can be great.

ConsThere is a lot of "drama" with management, and this can make the change the working environment into a negative one. Some management delegate too much so you end up doing their job and yours. Getting time off when necessary is also very very hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are meant to be leaders, if they don't do their job right, the whole team suffers.

Glad This Is Over With.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsIt's in the city of Rancho Cucamonga.There's lots to do out here.The company does offer tickets to various events,NasCar,Ball Games & other stuff.Mainly location is the best.

ConsToo many Supervisors.Not a Team based Company.The pay is low.I myself witnessed many violations where you will be found responsible for should you make them surface.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your site managers to make most decisions.You can't run a company from a Corporate office.

Outstanding Company with many opportunities for growth

ProsGreat company to work for. Their "promote from within" culture allows for growth in the company. They also treat their employees very well and recognize those employees that work hard. I have worked for this company for almost 8 years and have nothing but good things to say about Lewis.

ConsCan't really think of anything that would be a con with this company. The only thing I can think of, is some of the positions require you to work weekends. But this is true for a lot of jobs out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't really have anything to say to management other than, keep up the good work. Everything is ran smoothly throughout the company.

misleading

Sales (Current Employee)

Prosnice sales employees to work with

Consgeneral management lies to your face

Advice to Senior Managementyour employees are your bread and butter-treat better for retention

Worked for Lewis Group of Companies? Contribute to the Community!