LexJet Reviews

Currently employed and have been for 8 years

Current Employee - Sales  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at LexJet full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everything. Great people, great atmosphere. I don't party, I have a family and don't "do drugs" like other reviewers have written. I get along with everyone and coming in am always greeted like family. I'm not in management and I enjoy every aspect of the job. The opportunity you get is what you make of it.

Cons

my flip flops leave my toes exposed so it gets cold in here sometimes and they get cold.

Keep making it fun.

The bad get badder

I worked at LexJet full-time

Pros

Casual environment, relaxed dress code, employee events

Cons

Very clicky, immature sales force, rewarded bad behavior, drugs, drinking, fights, and drama. If you're intelligent, leadership makes you feel as though you aren't. Undervalued. It is made known that you are completely replaceable. No room for advancement.

Grow up. It may be a relaxed environment, but it should still hold some ounce of professionalism. Stop rewarding immature behavior and start listening to the smart people. Make it an enjoyable place to work for everyone, not just your drinking buddies.

I worked here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at LexJet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual Dress Code. Good Benefits. Free Snacks and Beverage Bar. Nice Office. Pretty view of downtown. Good chairs. Advanced Technology.

Cons

Unfortunately there are more Cons to Pros with working for this company. You have to fit a certain type of personality to work here. If you do not do drugs, drink and drive or party you won't be promoted or valued in management's eyes. There are a lot of politics within the company. If you have more than one skill or are creative you are viewed as a threat to management only because most of them have not graduated college or were just a retail manager before they received their jobs at the company. No matter how long you been there if management is offended by anything even if they are in the wrong they will take it personal and tell you to pack your things and leave at any moment. They have the right outlook in wanting to live in such a positive culture but do not practice it, but preach to everyone that they do. If the public and outside real world really knew what went down in the office daily they would be surprised. The Human Resources Manager does not even work within the office... So that should tell you a lot. The Owners/CEOs probably do not even have any idea how their management really runs the company.

The motto that LexJet supposedly lives by is to "make money, have fun and don't get in anyone's way" should probably be restated to everyone applying there not to get in management's way or to try to excel and move up within the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have Fun and Make Money

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at LexJet

Pros

Beside being one of the most fun places to work in Florida there's also a tremendous atmosphere of learning at LexJet. The company allows its employees to learn about whatever they’re passionate about. If you want to learn about the marketing, logistics, or accounting side of the business there's always someone willing to teach.

Cons

I have worked at LexJet for over six years and no place is perfect, but LexJet is by far the most flexible company with which I have ever been employed.

Keep up the open atmosphere and never stop listening to employees. The key to LexJet's success has been the idea cauldron.

Take a trip on the LexJet revolving door

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sarasota, FL

I worked at LexJet

Pros

The owners are very nice and the office environment is top notch. Rules are very lax and office life day to day is very low key.

Cons

The biggest con at Lexjet is that you really have no inherit value to management. In their eyes everyone is expendable and/or replaceable. This is evident by the revolving door methodology they have adopted. They will never negotiate to keep a good employee, rather they take it personal and tell them to pack it up and leave asap. Earning potential is marginal at best and they work very hard to not pay their employees fairly.

Don't lose a good employee over $5,000.

Good company overall. Limited career opportunities due to the small size of the company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at LexJet

Pros

Good company culture. Owners are caring people and good leaders. Flexibility to work remote. Good learning experience for entry level sales

Cons

Very limited growth opportunities. Poor company middle/senior management. Not the right place for a career. Limited benefits package. Too political

Great place to get your business career started

I worked at LexJet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun open environment. Flexible company that will teach you the ins and outs of business. You should be able to leave here and be very successful in your next career move.

Cons

Closed minded difficult management. Veneer of openness loses its luster as management listens then does the opposite.

Stick to a plan, allow it to succeed before pulling the plug prematurely

Working at LexJet is being trapped with ignorant people who have no clue on how to run a business except into the ground

I worked at LexJet

Pros

Casual atmosphere with a strong focus on the use of IT to help improve the workflow efficiency. You can make some pretty good money but and wear shorts and flipflops to work everyday.

Cons

The company lacks true leadership in upper management. The few people who provided the guidance and direction to others have been let go for unexplainable reasons, partly because they were different from the others. IT's a place to go for 2 years, gain some good sales experience, and move on.

Worked for LexJet? Contribute to the Community!