Lexington County Government

www.lexingtonky.gov
  www.lexingtonky.gov

Lexington County Government Reviews

CEO

Great Employer, good benefits, excellent work environment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Lexington County Government full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Current retirement benefits, free parking, state of the art technology, on the job continual training, modern city, progressive and diverse population.

Cons

Essential employee positions, such as mine, on-call for emergencies, work life balance not available throughout all government agencies.

Require annual customer service training for all employees, directors and commissioners.

I have found LFUCG to have a very low employee morale-if you can hang with that-you will be good!

Current Employee - Human Resources Senior Analyst  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Senior Analyst in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Lexington County Government full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great leave time, decent pay

Cons

High health insurance, low employee morale

Only work here is you like disfunction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Lexington County Government part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job and you get paid.

Cons

The people here are all screwed up

Stop being so anal retentive

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LFUCG a great place to work.

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Lexington County Government

Pros

The LFUCG is a great place to work because it is family friendly. Also, the benefits or excellent and it allows you to have a great family and work mix.

Cons

At time it seems that not all people have the same opportunity for advancement. If everyone had equal opportunity this would be the best place to work.

Education...What Education?

I have been working at Lexington County Government full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Paid time off, benefits (eventhough they are outrageously expensive), and if you are considered a "golden child" then you dont really have to work. I guess that is a pro for them and not everyone else.

Cons

What I dont understand is how unfair the system works for giving a new employee their wage. Education seems to not make a difference in how they determine what you make. Where I currently work there are individuals that are cutting grass and maintaining builidings who make on the average at least $4 more an hour than I do with little to no responsibility. I myself have a Masters degree and am the lowest paid in my current position. This makes absolutely no sense to me. The "good ole boy" system is still in effect and if you are not in with the "in crowd" then you better forget about advancing within the city. You might as well use the city as a resume booster and then look elsewhere.

How about we do another equity study or hire more consultants (which the "city" is notorious for) the determine what people really do in their current positions, and recommend wages based on what they do. Possibly get rid of some of the dead weight and use the money that you were currently paying them to divy out to the rest of your employees to help offset the price of the health insurance and to give people a livabale wage.

Not bad, not great

Pros

Good time off balances, low pressure environment that allows flexibility with life issues that arise

Cons

Difficult to advance your career internally, pay doesn't reflect market, benefits aren't as good as they used to be, doesn't keep up with current technology

Invest in career training for your younger employees

A good job for students or those who only need part time work.

Current Employee - Parks and Recreation
    Current Employee - Parks and Recreation

I have been working at Lexington County Government

Pros

Flexible hours - lower level managers are helpful and willing to work with you
    Great co - workers - couldn't ask for better people to work with

Cons

No opportunity for advancement - no new full time positions, and the ones available are being cut when the incumbent retires
    no pay raise in 4 years due to budget cuts
    Increase in health insurance premiums

If you wish to retain the quality employees you currently have, it will be necessary to offer them an incentive to stay. I am currently taking my experience and moving to another position asap because of the lack of opportunities for advancement. I can no longer live on minimum wage.

this place is by far the worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Microcomputer Support
    Current Employee - Microcomputer Support

I have been working at Lexington County Government

Pros

They used to have decent benefits, and they still have a retirement package.
    3 weeks vacation, and 3 weeks of sick leave.

Cons

In 10 plus years we civil servants have gotten 2 raises. 1 was for 1 percent and the other for 2 percent.

Management there is bad, They are micromanaging, empire builders. As they cannot give raises or rewards all their management tools are disciplinary in nature.

Every new administration is more concerned with cutting costs and making a name for themselves politically than making sure employees can handle the do more with less mess this causes.

Starting in 2011-2012 LFUCG single employees will be contributing $202.53 per month towards their healthcare. Employees on the family plan will contribute $774.14 per month. That's the same as your boss telling you that you just got a cut in salary or $774.14 per month as participation is mandatory.

Other Kentucky Civil Service employees such as teachers, or office workers in Frankfort are still getting their health benefits for free.

Managers at Fortune 500 companies understand that their employees are their tools as well as the folks their customers get to see on a daily basis. They strive to keep good employees.
    LFUCG does not.

Worked for Lexington County Government? Contribute to the Community!