Lexington Law
www.lexingtonlaw.com Salt Lake City, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lexington Law Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

John Heath

A call center more than a law firm.

Client Loyalty Paralegal (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law full-time for less than a year

ProsReally good people to work with. Does provide, to a certain extent, a much needed service to it's clients.

ConsEmployees can either work 8hrs a day or take a 30 minutes lunch. If you take lunch, you don't get paid for it. This means that you only get paid for 7 and a half hrs a day. That's a total of 5 hours of time lost per paycheck. The health insurance is VERY expensive and can eat up much of the money you take home. The pay wage is average, but feels less than average once you deduct any lunches and medical insurance.
You don't have a desk that is your own. You bring your stuff with you each day and take it home with you each night. Very often you have to wait around for someone to leave to get a desk.
Each month your schedule will change, as you have to "shift bid" for your shift each month. This is based on your call stats and attendance. The higher up you are on the list the better the sifts you may get. You're never really sure where you are on that list, so it's hard to plan any trips or vacations from month to month.
If you go from one department to another, and had time off scheduled while in the first department, you will loose it once you move to the new department.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making it all about numbers. Let your employees help people, without focusing on the length of the phone call. You say you want us to let you help us stay healthy... than give us a full 8hr day and let us take a lunch without loosing pay. Let people have a desk they call their own, it can really improve overall moral and make it a better place to work.

Paralegal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law

ProsNo pros, worst company ever.

ConsThey are scamming and ripping off unintelligent customers.

Good place to work, overall.

QA Analyst (Current Employee)
West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time for more than a year

ProsGet to work at your own pace.

Company parties/potlucks/lunches.

Quiet and comfortable work space.

ConsLow annual pay raises.

Promotion raises are low.

Management is inconsistent and favors certain employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees the same.

Poor commuincations, poor training and mid-level salaries

Compliance Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law full-time for less than a year

ProsSalaries are average for the worked expected to be preformed, but the schedules worked well and they kept to their word, no overtime was required.

ConsPoor commuications not updated in a timely manner and training needs diiferent techniques for all styles of learing. Working conditions were poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuailty service needs to be reviewed.

Professional, fun environment with opportunities for advancement

Customer Service Representative/Paralegal (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time for more than a year

ProsA lot of opportunities to advance and move up in the company due to their growth. Stable company with competitive pay and wages. Fun place to work with incentives and recognition.

ConsNeed to be able to work a flexible schedule M-Sat.

It's not What you Know, it's Who you Know!

Paralegal In Reinstates (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits
You get paid
Paid Holidays
Easy Job

ConsWhen I started working for Lexington, the pay was pretty good. The yearly raises are typically less than a dollar. They're "expanding" but they're starting at a lower wage. There are many young kids that work there. The office is full of drama, gossip, and inner office dating. When opportunities for leadership positions are available, they usually pick their favorites and who they know. I finally decided it was time to move on. A lot of young kids that just started and haven't even reached their year mark were being promoted. It's a company full of politics. Worst office atmosphere I have ever worked in. The only people who love it there are those who kiss butt and get promoted.

The benefits are great. It's an easy job. A high school kid could work here. We're not really certified paralegals, just normal people who get trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your older employees. When an employee stays with a company for many years and has excellent stats, is well respected, has quality phone calls, and never gets promoted... It's a snap in the face. Everytime I felt I aced my interview for advancement, the email announcing the new team leads was full of kids that just swept through each deiartment from IWC to Reinstates in a matter of months. They often make mistakes and I corrected their mistakes. They weren't very seasoned. The turnover rate it pretty quick.

If you can't find a job anywhere else, these people will probably take you

Paralegal (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay you money
They have paid training
They occasionally have fun contests
They have a TV in the break room

ConsWow where to begin. They say they are customer focused, but what kind of a call center makes it mandatory to hit their crazy stats. Employees that are rude or skip steps get great stats, but it just ends up making for a horrible call for the next person that has to speak with the client. They mislead clients, even though the service does work for some people. You just blab information to clients. If you're hard pressed for a job, like I was, even though I was a college graduate, take the job. Money is better than none. But realize that as soon as you get this job, you need to keep looking for a real job.

The mexican place across the street serves really good food!

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand you try to have people stay efficient and effective on the phones by having them reach stats, but it comes at the cost of losing clients when they have a "paralegal" with 1 week of training be short with them to get off the phone call and hurry and take another call. Stop hiring the bottom feeders.

bad place to work

Paralegal - Client Services (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law

ProsWhen I first started to work at Lex, it was laid back company and not bad. I started in the welcome department reading a script to people to confirm that they wanted an account with the company. I would pull credit reports for the clients and get their account set up. When it became slow, wecalled people manually or on a dialer to get needed new credit reports. Staff seemed friendly, encouraging.

ConsFor some reason Management decided to run the company into the ground. They expanded the sales team's goals and more and more clients flooded in and they would not hire enough people to take all the calls. We had clients being dropped and there were more and more cancel calls. Management told the team leads to ignore certain client complaints. Newer paralegals were not trained as well. They started to fire people randomly.

They supposedly hired a bunch of temps as well. Clients were not happy with the services as they could never get through to anyone. Some employees got away with things while others did not. Some employees appear to be exempt from hitting stats and from being punished for harassing people.

The management started to fire team leads and treat their employees very poorly.

I really don't miss the place. It was nice that they gave me a chance given that I have no legal experience, but they treat their team leads very poorly, and if you work there otherwise you're just a number, a body to fit in a cubicle. They've pretty much said that. I left voluntarily and shortly thereafter they fired most the people I worked with, and as mentioned, were also trying to run out the team leads I'd worked for.

I would not recommend this company, either as a place of employment or as a place to get your credit repaired. All we ever did was send out letters and try to get people to not cancel. That is when we were not in meetings talking about how they were cutting benefits or doing weird scheduling.

I started at $11.25 an hour and left at $12.00 an hour.

Family only need apply for serious career opps

Credit Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexington Law

ProsVery flexible and compensation was good for entry level position. You have the ability to earn a lot of money in minimal hours.

ConsPoor opportunity for advancement and growth. Talented people were unable to get leadership/management positions because they were not related.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssist your employees in growth.

Worked for Lexington Law? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lexington Law reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lexington Law CEO John Heath. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Lexington Law employees.