LexisNexis Legal & Professional

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 27, 2014

LexisNexis Legal & Professional CEO Mike Walsh

Mike Walsh

Pros
  • Family-oriented culture which gives way to a satisfying work-life balance (in 67 reviews)

• Company was very flexible with people wanting to work from home (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Inept executive board and senior management attitude destroying a once-proud company (in 61 reviews)

• Lack of leadership from upper management and lack of clear direction for my particular BU (in 50 reviews)

More Highlights

Advice to Senior Managementgood management teem/solid brands

15+ years company on rapid decline

Customer Support (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTime off, 401 k, business casual

Conssenior mgt on a path regardless of input or outcome of projects. full speed ahead will crash and burn this once wonderful company

Advice to Senior Managementstop, listen to the folks handling the work and customers. so much frustration from customers, in the end lexis will not flourish if we don't have customers that are happy with us and believe me they are not

disappointed in lack of leadership and innovative ideas.

Finance Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proscompetitive salary and that is it.

Consboring. not a team feel. Long hours and little accolades.

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline work initiatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Missed opportunities, in desperate need of change of CEO

Legal & Professional Division (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible schedule, good benefits. Can be very interesting work.

ConsLong, long, long hours are the norm. Certain departments (Editorial) are in constant fear of layoffs. Layoffs never seem to get the true dead wood. The culture of layoffs and down-sizing does not bring out the best in the workforce. The general consensus is that Mike Walsh is very ill-suited to his job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMike Walsh, please move on before you drive this business completely into the ground.

Layoffs & reorgs, layoffs & reorgs, layoffs & reorgs -- stay away unless you like stress & uncertainty.

LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible work hours, decent benefits

ConsLayoffs have gone past the point of logic or good business. There are only two kinds of employees -- those that have been laid off, and those that live under the fear of layoffs. Decisions by upper management are all aimed at short-term gain with no thought to the long-term health of the company. Foreign ownership only seems to make things worse. Good people don't last. There's no value on institutional knowledge. Two US locations closing this year, likely more to follow. The outlook doesn't look healthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no point, they won't be reading this website.

Stop the Layoffs

National Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat co-workers
    Interesting work
    Benefits were above average

ConsManagement - the company keeps changing direction every year to 18 months. Absolutely NO job security. Every 6 months there are lay offs and the remaining people must double up on their work. Little to no admin support - all sales associates have been let go in last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what employees are saying in the pulse survey. Most rank and file sales reps like their boss, but the management at Director level and above is atrocious.

good company for long term career development

Business Consultant (Current Employee) New Providence, NJ

Prosculture, flex work hours, can work from home, many fun co-workers, nice people

Consgoing through transformation pain, too many turn overs in the leadership team

Good place to be.....depending on your field.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you're looking for an easy job, this is the place for you.

Favorable work-life balance
    Competitive compensation
    Friendly people to work with

ConsIncredibly sales driven. If you're in any marketing-related field, don't bother. Leadership doesn't understand (or care about) the value these functions can bring.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to play nicely with each other.

Each employee is treated with respect. It is like one big happy family, with a great support system.

Content Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCourteous respect for all employees, great benefits, easy onboarding. Fantastic educational opportunities. High levels of growth opportunity. Overall, a great place to work.

ConsNothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPraise enhances performance, not barking orders.

Once a Great Company Brought Down by Inept Leaders

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Great people, very talented (rank and file), most try really hard under the most trying circumstances
    - Benefits on par with other companies

Cons- Sr Management - Directors, VPs, SVPs, CMOs, COOs, and CEO are old boy's club at best, inept at worst, They have no vision, no plan. They suck the company dry with their first class airfares, Ritz Carlton hotel stays and car service. The Sales force has been told there is NO money for anything right now - no raises, no marketing budget, no money to take customers out for a meal.
    - Product is failing miserably against competition, but leaders are happy to be #3 in market of 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementDump your current management staff (Director and above) and put people in who care about the company instead of lining their own pockets. Quit telling employees that it is their own fault the product won't sell - admit Advance is a dog.

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!