LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews

Focused on Current Cost

Former Employee - Vice President of Delivery Operaitons in Miamisburg, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President of Delivery Operaitons in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Focused on cost base and making the sale at any expense

Cons

Absolutely short term mentality in everything the company does from development through to talent management and personnel aspects

Create a realistic strategy, and investment plan that starts with the deployment of product portfolio so you can actually understand what it costs to deliver the services you sell. Get out of the markets and customers that are not profitable.

Very few employees last more than a year

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Raleigh office is on NCSU's centennial campus and company tries to create a positive work environment, above average compensation

Cons

lack of job security, company manages finances by massive layoffs every August, company is on a slow death spiral as it continues to lose major customers

Consider a merger with Thompson or another top competitor

A great place to work if you get in the right area

Current Employee - Print Specialist in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Print Specialist in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a large company with a little bit of stability. They have a lot of room to grow if you work hard.

Cons

Management in certain areas can be tough here. If you land under the wrong group you could have a rough time with the company.

Former employee

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Was able to practice my trade for many years despite the work environment fostered by corporate management.

Cons

Local managers were unprofessional and cared little for the people reporting to them.

Not as good as it used to be for outside sales (territory managers)...

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, good people for the most part. Generally good benefits.

Cons

Lot of changes with management. Really dislike the views of our new management. Sales jobs are becoming more and more micromanaged. New leaders are really hurting the company both in customer service and overall employee morale. Earnings (commissions) for sales positions are getting lower each year on average. Base salary is a lot lower than what is found in the market...not competitive at all. Furthermore, almost all reps get the same base, whether you have been there 1 year or 15 years.

7. Excellent Culture

Former Employee - Production Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Production Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership and team culture. Co workers were great and very interesting work! Very good and gratifying training and team building events.

Cons

Not allot to say on the con side of things, I think smart coders and SQL gurus do not always make for good managers of people. I needed more opportunity for growth.

When promoting look for people skills. You are only going to be as good as the people you develop and surround yourself with.

Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Lexis Nexis Large Law
    Current Employee - Lexis Nexis Large Law

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance; alot of independence with how to structure your accounts/opportunities in your territory.

Cons

lay offs are constant, organizational changes occur on a very frequent basis

Great co-workers, just not an innovative company

Current Employee - Research Solutions Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Research Solutions Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I loved my many years in sales here. Great managers, supportive teammates.

Cons

At the end of the day, the technology wasn't keeping up and I felt like I was working for a dying company.

10. Laid back environment with strong emphasis on work/life balance

Current Contractor - Software Engineer
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I feel never overwhelmed here. I find it very easy to get help from the team, and most of us have a positive attitude. They are not strict about what time you come in or what time you leave, and you can work from home for just about any reason. People who have to take time off usually get the time off as well, and again, for any reason. The work life balance is so strong that I could see it giving people a new sense of entitlement. They do not micromanage either. Just do your job, make sure you are available during the meetings, and put your best foot forward.

Cons

The work pace is a little too slow for me. The worklife balance is shifted too far on life for me as well. I do feel under-utilized. Sometimes I have to wait days for other team-members from around the world to finish something just so I can continue working on it. I personally find the slow-paced environment a hinderance and am afraid I'll get a sense of entitlement that does not exist in any other company.

Keep up the good work

11. Good jobs, hit-and-miss management

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Generally a good company, with good products and good income potential

Cons

Some misguided management. They repeatedly invest in the wrong parts of their CRM and it's useless...no it's worse, it's a detriment to most users. And there's some disconnect between upper management and the "street" - so if your middle manager is good, it's OK, but if the middle manager just does whatever upper management wants, it interferes with getting things done.

I know it's painful, but you need to either completely pull the plug on the CRM, or put someone else in charge of it and make it functional for your customer-facing reps. It's not even close, and missing BASIC capabilities.

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Photos