Lextant Corp Reviews

Updated April 5, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
3.7
CEO

1. Innovation on the move!

Current Employee - Design Research Associate I in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Design Research Associate I in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Lextant Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A growing company working with the worlds leading companies. Great community of people to work with, everyone is eager to teach and to learn! Company is open to change and advancing itself, and its employees to deliver better actionable insights.

Cons

Minor growing pains/adjustments with company growth.

Advice to Management

Management is caring and eager to help people advance, keep it up!

2. The experience working here can vary greatly depending on which group you work in.

I worked at Lextant Corp full-time

Pros

Creative environment, a lot of great people and a good variety of clients.

Cons

The business is growing and hasn't quite worked a lot of things out. The project process and communication in some areas is less advanced than in other areas - so it really depends which group you are looking to work with. Some get more variety than others, some travel a great deal more than others, so the experience can be quite different per person. I think that the company has a lot of potential, but there can be a lot of pointing fingers and passing blame versus working on solutions to prevent issues in the future. I also think that the different "roles" are lacking clear definition which leads to confusion and frustration. I think it's a good idea to ask about project life cycles, process, and specific role definitions (and overlaps) when looking at working for this company.

Advice to Management

I would consider stronger role definitions and provide more leadership coaching to those in management as well as those being put in "leadership" roles on a team. It can be difficult for anyone to lead when they aren't given any authority but are held responsible for all aspects of the project.

3. Curious to see where Lextant will be in 5 years...

I worked at Lextant Corp full-time

Pros

Very intelligent, nice people — great office space in downtown Columbus — some interesting clients to work with. Culture below management was great! Made many friends.

Cons

When teams were assigned to a job, seemed to be more who was available than who was the best fit for the job. Never felt my job was secure if I wasn't billing my full 40 hours. Management seemed aloof.

Advice to Management

If you say this is "our company" please then realize we feel like it is and want to feel valued.