www.lifung.com
Profile Unclaimed

Big company with big dreams

Former Employee - Senior CAD Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior CAD Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great working enviorment with state of art equipment

Cons

no growth opportunities from with in the company

if there's more opportunities for the employees from with in the company to grown, it would have made it a great company to work for.

Example of a company you know NOT to work for

Former Employee - Retail in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are offices in NY

Cons

No room for growth in company

No opportunity for growth

Current Employee - ITops in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ITops in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, location, summer Fridays, 15 days off to start (accrued)

Cons

Salary for anyone below VP level, Poor management (it's not a secret), HR doesn't act as an intermediary and will tell your direct manager what you said, work hours for most people, no professional development, they outsource many positions and it makes it difficult to complete simple tasks because the outsourced people are not always onsite or available (or smart =)).

Invest in your employees. Reward hard working employees with internal promotions and pay to match. Too many people are hired because of nepotism and are not qualified to do the job.

Made me who I am...

Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Great work experience.
    - Exposed to all aspects of supply chain management
    - Good Corporate culture
    - Great Benefits

Cons

- Very demanding, difficult to balance work and personal life.

Very Disorganized, Poor Communication

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung

Pros

1. perks from the sample sales
    2. great health and dental benefits

Cons

The communication between upper management and HR is extremely bad
    The hours are very long some times, they expect you to stay until the job is done, no matter what.
    There is no work life balance
    shifting of positions that some employees may not want, putting employees in a position to "take it or leave it attitude"
    Some of the managers there need a reality check!!!!!

1. Need to improve on commuication to employees regarding any changes and not waiting until there are rumors regarding lay offs
    2. Needs better training programs for management and other employees
    3. Opportunities for advancement and not just shifting jobs from other citiies
    4. Better and competitive salaries

Management is extremely abusive, vindictive, and cruel.

Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY
    Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

The only thing that impressed me about this company was the Human Resources Department. I started having problems with my manager on my second day working there. HR was very helpful and quick to respond to my issues. The health insurance is good.

Cons

This company treats their employees like slaves. Don't even bother applying for a job here, because you will really regret it if they hire you. They don't tell you that you're expected to work AT LEAST 12-14 hours per day until after you're hired. Even though they don't give you 12 hours of work to do, you're expected to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. Management is very naive and doesn't know how train new employees properly. I have never been treated so poorly before in my life, and my experience working here traumatized me...and I quit after 2 weeks.

The working environment is very hostile and communication needs major improvements.

Compressing Workplace

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

Excellent design team - line design is right on. Now owned by Li & Fung, the benefit package is unbeatable (company paid healthcare).

Cons

No communication on performance or expectations. A company where it is "trial by fire" without any training on systems etc. The company was bought by Li & Fung Nov 2009 and because of that is compressing & the environment has become extremely cut throat where people are fighting for their job. In previous days the work environment was about team work. Now it is every man for himself in a very ugly way.

Managers who know how to manage inventory but not people. People are expendable. They are not a commodity. People with families are the most expendable. Ownership grades employees by the number of face time hours rather than a thorough job completed during working hours.

Great company but not the best money starting out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung

Pros

Li & Fung is a large and well established corporation that offers great learning opportunities and a wonderful benefits pacakge.

Cons

Salaries are very low and employees can be over-worked. The culture is not consistant between the divisions because of all the acquisitions.

Offer more comprehensive training and better acquaint employees with the actual environment in the division they will be placed as there are big differences between all of the different companies within the groups.

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

They offer very good health benefits.

Cons

They are constantly buying up companies to expand the company. If you are part of a company that is bought nothing changes initially and then once Li & Fung comes in many red tape processes are put in place.

I have no doubt that the mgmt team at Li & Fung is extremely competent. However, when decisions regarding mergers are made it feels as though there is no strategy in place until the merger is already in process. As an employee is very frustrating and concerning.

Not that great.

Current Employee - Junior Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung

Pros

Employees are very nice and from diverse backgrounds. Great office in a great prime location. They have a few ameneties in their offices for employees. They're showrooms are very nice.

Cons

Very low importance for the employee as an individual. Management often times overlooked the work put in by employees. Very low pay in almost all working positions.

Get to know your employees and treat them with respect. Recognize that people have a needtobe commended and rewarded for hard work.

Li & Fung Photos