Lia Auto Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Bill Lia Sr.

Save your soul and find another job.

Current Employee - Internet/BDC
    Current Employee - Internet/BDC

I have been working at Lia Auto full-time

Pros

the hours of the dealership are good, no Friday or Saturday nights and short Sundays. Easy to get a job, no HR nonsense just nail the interview. Finish your work for the day and then sit around waiting for phone calls or emails to pop up doing nothing.

Cons

Favoritism beyond belief, management will feed their favorites leads and then hold you to the same same standards except you weren't handed 5-10 free deals a month. "Working" your pay plan to make as much money as possible while skirting the edge of what is ethical is encouraged. On site office employees are horrible people who treat everyone like garbage. Everyone walks on eggshells around certain lower level office employees because of their attitude and verbal abuse, which is tolerated by HR because they are friends. Toxic car sales culture where taking advantage of people is the norm. Tricking people into coming into the showroom regardless of if they can actually buy a car is promoted by management. Flyers mailed out targeting poor and uniformed customers, who we are then told to lie to to get in the door, so we can sign them up to loans with huge interest rates for managements profit. Most days I come home feeling like I need a shower and to go to confessional.

Advice to Management

Be fair. A level playing field for everyone should be the norm. All employees should be held to the same standards of behavior regardless of if they are your friends or not. Find a pay structure that does not reward taking advantage of customers.

Customer service

Former Employee - Service Appointment Coordinator in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Service Appointment Coordinator in Albany, NY

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gym membership,I don't work there any more

Cons

Managers play favourites you never get any apreceation from them..

Advice to Management

If you treated employees better would be such a high turn over..

I worked here and I have a bad experience

Former Employee - Customer Service in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros this place needs serious management changes

Cons

Customer departament at this location is very disorganized they make quick last minute decisions that affects employees performance and they don't care favoritism between some employees and managers high turnover hire to fire lack of trainning only favorite employees will get some trainning cero overtime policy no raises same pay rate from your first day of hire to the end poor bennefit package no room to growth discrimination rude and unprofessional managers no verbal or written warning just fire. Very dissapointed my advise Please be carefull with this guys

Advice to Management

Learn how to respect and treat better your employees don't treated your employees like your slaves don't undervalue your employees and you will not have high turnover

5. New hire discouraged from making a sale.

Former Employee - Salesman in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Salesman in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to learn about automobiles.

Cons

Discouraged from making a sale. Reason for two stars is because able to learn about cars.

Long hours very stressful no satisfaction.

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to ruin your family life.

Cons

Salary plus bonus but bonus is not based on sales like the rate sheet says that you sign it is based on gross profits on those sales.

Advice to Management

Need to be a bit more employee sensitive. Honesty would go a long way. Much further than sarcasm.

7. Nice Dealership, micromanaged

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice employees ,and a beautiful facility with great product

Cons

management doesn't trust anyone to do their jobs

Advice to Management

One size does not fit all

8. No idea how to motivate employees. Burn through employees

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Northeast, NY

I have been working at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice showroom. Comfortable environment for customers. Big inventory. The sales people and most of the office staff at the dealership.

Cons

Dealership managers spend an inordinate amount of time sending instant messages and sharing facebook and youtube videos with each other. They browbeat sales people even when the salespeople are successful. They have no idea how to motivate with an occasional kind word. Their compensation structure very convoluted.

Advice to Management

Show some respect for your employees. Train people better and treat people with respect. Don't tolerate or promote racial or ethnic slurs.

Great People, Crap Management

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Northampton, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Northampton, MA

I have been working at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great, generally sells a good product, strong emphasis on consumer satisfaction

Cons

Incompetent corporate management, bad policies, pay could be more aggressive and commission more transparent

Advice to Management

Stop trying to micromanage employee behavior. You're only creating greater agency problems and employee dissatisfcation

Overall a very good experience.

Current Employee - Receptionist & Cashier in Enfield, CT
    Current Employee - Receptionist & Cashier in Enfield, CT

I have been working at Lia Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about the car business and was able to delve into the "office" portion of the car sales business that I know will be valuable when looking for another job at other dealerships. Office manager was very nice and easy going, got along with her splendidly.

Cons

Upper management was a bit uptight and "entitled". Was not always comfortable going to them for help and or questions. Intimidation is not the best way to deal with employees, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Realize all employees, no matter what level they're at, are human beings and deserve respect.

11. General Manager at two of Lia dealerships

Former Employee - General Manager in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - General Manager in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners give their GM's some freedom to do their jobs, but dealing with the comptrollers and office managers is a different story. I really like Bill Lia Sr., even though he is moody and unpredictable. Michael Lia is a great guy and easy to talk to. Even though I was fired by Bill Sr., I still like the man. I got a call from the comptroller the week after they fired me to go back, but I really had no interest.

Cons

Very unpredictable in the sense that I saw many managers get fired over very stupid and petty things and it happened to me too. Working for them is fine but not for a long term proposition. The firings come very fast and you will not get any warnings of any kind. They expect loyalty but they don't give it.

Advice to Management

Give your upper management some sense of security specially if they are doing a good job and keep Bill SR. away from them. His moods can be very disruptive and destructive.

RSS Feed </> Embed