Liazon Corp

www.liazon.com

Liazon Corp Reviews

4.2

Ashok Subramanian

Overall a positive one. Best job I ever had.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Liazon Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility- you pretty much set your own hours
    Respect-Your supervisors respect you and trust your judgement.

Warm, friendly and open environment. The CEO and co founder of the company knows me by face and name despite the fact he lives and works out of the New York office. Please note that my job doesn't afford me the opportunity to work with him personally.

Cons

Long hours. Despite open enrollment season being over. While I don't foresee that ending in the very near future. I am confident we will hit our stride.

Just a little better planning with staffing. Also adjusting job titles and salaries to fit what an employee actually does.

Awesome company, amazing opportunities, great career growth

I have been working at Liazon Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am a current employee, having been at Liazon for 3+ years. During that short time, I have seen growth and experienced opportunities that are very, very rare at other companies. Being able to see my division unfold in front of my eyes, as well as having the opportunity to grow my own career and take on more responsibility has been a wonderfully fulfilling experience. Liazon is a company that allows its employees to control their own destiny and further their careers as much as they desire.

Cons

This really isn't a "con" of working at Liazon, but it's important to realize that the company and one's own career is entirely what you make of it - employees who don't realize this fact are the ones who have a negative experience and fail to realize that they need to take the initiative and have the drive to succeed. Liazon fosters entrepreneurial spirit, self-starters and personal passion - if an employee has that, the sky is the limit at Liazon.

Management at Liazon is a strong, intelligent, driving force and consciously cares for the employees' personal success, as well as the overall success of the company itself and realizes that one cannot be achieved without the other.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Liazon Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working here for two months and really enjoy it! The climate is positive, people are friendly, and it is growing! I'm looking forward to moving into new offices next month.

Cons

The HR Dept is really cool but would like some structure around pay grades.

Keep up the good work!

Pre and post acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Liazon Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pre acquisition: Team driven collaborative environment focused on efficiency and problem solving.
    Flexible schedule.
    Free Snacks.

Cons

Far below average pay for same titles elsewhere.
    Impossible expectations.
    Horrible benefits for a benefits company.
    Clueless "Managers by default" .

Post Acquisition: Focus is on collecting invalid data to make flawed decisions on. Dividing previously cohesive teams, laying off most people for the non busy season then hiring tons of temps for the busy time of the year.

Stop selling shady fake products like 5 different versions id theft insurance.

I have been working at Liazon Corp

Pros

We have few rules here. Community service is important to us and we like to have fun! Our vacation “policy” is: Take vacation time when you need to refresh. Free snacks are always around. We use Bright Choices® for our benefits, of course! As an employee, you’ll have the freedom to choose which plans best meet you and your family’s needs.

Cons

There isn't anything that comes to mind!

We all work really hard. The results this year and on the horizon will be rewarding as we define a new space.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Liazon Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Liazon's leadership is passionate, energetic, progressive and dedicated, among other things. Their attitude is infectious and runs throughout the organization. It’s resulted in creation of a superb culture of hard-working, smart, fun people of which I feel fortunate to be a part of. The Bright Choices product set the standard for an industry it's created, one that grows every day. Liazon is an innovative company that for employees provides a tremendous learning experience, self-improvement opportunity and substantial career growth. I’ve really enjoyed my time at the company and truly believe there is great success in store for everyone here in the immediate and long-term future.

Cons

Liazon is a pioneer in a new, undeveloped space. Our work continues to pave the way for others in an industry that was badly in need of innovation. The private exchange model is an explosive business opportunity, one which Liazon is taking advantage of every day. That said, as a company and as employees, we are forced to work our tail off, be flexible and receptive to change, and to trust each other as we deliver on our lofty goals and maintain our place ahead of competition. If consistent change, dedication to company vision and patience are not strengths, this can be a challenging environment.

Keep us on this path of constant self-examination and innovation. If we can maintain our energy level and continue to adapt and change when needed, I feel great about our future.

Liazon - A Better Way to Buy Benefits

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Liazon Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Energetic, young, revolutionary group of employees. Everyone has bought in to the model and knows they are helping to contribute to a true change in the way Employee Benefits are bought and utilized.

Cons

As with any new concept, it can take some time for the decision makers at the buying level to "get it" but once they do, they realize they have done the right thing by their employees - Giving them tools and resources to help make key decisions around their employee benefit selections.

Continue to focus on the long term strategy; Empowering the consumer to make value based, sustainable benefit selections that are appropriate for them

Sales Management a compnay that is at best dishonest, at worse devious.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Liazon Corp

Pros

Co-founders very knowledgeable, bright, and articulate.

Solution though limited could be a good option if the company does not force the one size fits all solution that they re pushing prospective clients to now due to lack of back end support

Cons

Sales Management team is at best dishonest, at worse devious. They preach a " deal cures all" but then when you sell something the attitude is "anyone could have sold that." Extreme micro managing down to every call, how long each call lasted, how many conversations, how much information..never happy with results

Advice goes to Co-Founders. The sales management team you put in place needs to be reassessed and replaced.

Fun early stage company, but you need to be ready to work

I have been working at Liazon Corp

Pros

Great people, interesting business model, exciting environment

Cons

A lot of work, high expectations with limited training

More training, more people.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Liazon Corp

Pros

Liazon is a good place to work for a variety of reasons. There’s a lot of room to grow and build your career and everyone in the company is extremely pleasant to work with. As a sales person, I’m always pleased with the support we get internally. Management is very receptive to our ideas and actually takes the time to listen. You gain a lot of experience at Liazon that you normally wouldn’t get at an older/mature company. Overall, it’s a great opportunity if you’re looking to be a part of building something and not just showing up to a 9-5 job.

Cons

We're all dealing with the growing pains together, it's a new organization so if you're not capable of dealing with change this isn't the place for you.

We're on the right track.