Liberty Business Consulting

CEO

Fast Growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started about a month ago and I am already promoted and have won travel opportunities and tons of bonuses and rewards for my hard work! The manager is a lot of fun and she is so helpful and hands on! I think I found the best fit for my career!

Cons

The information is a lot to handle at first. There's a lot to learn and if you don't work hard it's hard to do well and move up quickly.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity! I love everything and am excited for the future!!!

Customers were threatening, the company was a scam. The company never worked for PECO company, as said to all customers

Former Employee - Junior Client Clerk in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Client Clerk in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Liberty Business Consulting part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were nice and showed very good interpersonal skills

Cons

Waste of time if looking for a real, honest job

It usually is a scam if they just hire you just to get more people.

Work isn't work when you love what you do...

Current Employee - Junior Account Representative in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Representative in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

Working at Liberty Business Consulting has really changed me as a person. I have learned so much working here. Right out of college I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life and I had zero experience in the real world but Liberty Business Consulting has taught me how to set goals, think about my future, work hard and given me so many skills I will need to be successful. Not only is the opportunity here really great but the personal growth and development you receive here and the friendships I've made is unlike anything else.

Cons

It's hard work and very competitive. Some people don't like that and may not do as well.

Thank you for everything you've helped me with!

VERY Motivating Environment!!!

Current Employee - Client Support for Liberty Business Consulting in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am thoroughly impressed with the atmosphere. Training, team building, and recognition instantly demonstrates that ethics and values matter. The motivation and energy simply fires up everyone to strive for excellence every day. Very Very Impressed! This team of young people are the future.

Cons

It takes a lot of work to keep up with the training program but if you are willing to do what it takes you'll succeed.

Keep up the hard work! Keep hitting your goals!

I regret taking this job

I worked at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Everyone is very friendly and supportive
    -Everyone is in full business attire which makes you feel important
    -Attractive coworkers
    -Potential for travel

Cons

-Door-to-door sales and 90-95% of the people I spoke with immediately hated me for trying to sell them something.
    -No salary, pay was entirely on commission
    -Constant driving with no reimbursement of mileage or gas
    -Outside constantly, during all good/poor weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, in a suit nonetheless)
    -Motivational tactics came off forced and really didn't help us believe in the company
    -They didn't have a benefits package or PTO, they just give you a number for a guy who can sign you up for health insurance (which anyone off the street could do, you do not have to be an employee here)
    -Depressing atmosphere.

I quit after the second day. Taking this job was one of the biggest regrets of my life because I left a company I enjoyed but didn't pay well to come to LBC, and couldn't go back.

Be honest about the position, there is no "marketing, management, leadership" in the position, which is how I got sucked in. Also, any of these reviews with 5 stars and dozens of likes/approvals are posted by recruiters of LBC. Chances are this honest review you're reading will receive negative votes because it sours their reputation. Trust me when I say I hated this job.

Great opportunity for people not afraid to work hard for a short time!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

-Fun work environment
    -Fast pased
    -Lots of growth potential
    -Can pass people based on your work ethic
    -Understanding when I had to miss work/team events for my sick mom (I really appreciated that)
    -Helps develop basic skills that quieter people like me orginally struggled with
    -Nice people to be around that really want other people to do well and have better lives

Cons

-No cafeteria in the building
    -Would like better parking

Keep doing what you do. It's a lot of fun and a great opportunity. Don't let the let the people that can't hack it get you down. You can't help everyone, especially the people that don't want to help themselves or work hard.

College Grads you can do better then this!

Former Employee - Account Representative(Management Training Program) in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its an OK placeholder kind of job if you LOVE sales.
    Employees encouraging of sales you do make.

Cons

1. Door to door sales! It seems like an ok idea at first if you are desperate for a job. You see you are only paid on commission so you think hey I make money off each sale I close, that's fair! What you don't realize until you are about a month in is that your paycheck really depends on what territories you have. Co-workers are excited about selling in low income areas because low income areas are the demographic that are easily sucked into the "saving money" programs. If you are stuck in a high income neighborhood, you can kiss your paycheck goodbye for the time you are in that territory.
    2. You may end up fighting for the territory you have with competitors. Toward the end of my employment here, i literally had competitors on the same street on the same day i was! If you think customers are mad hearing your sales pitch once, try being the 4th person that month to knock on their door from what they think is the same company.
    3. Anyone can do this job! It’s so easy! The employees will tell you that you can sell to anyone if you use the fool proof sales plan. NOT TRUE! I can't tell you how many people didn't even give me a second to say one word to them! How can you make a sale to someone who won't even talk to you??
    4. Every other day is a "team" day. You go out in teams and split the commission. So you’re basically sharing half your check with someone half the week.
    5. Demanding hours! Most of the time I was "at work"; I was forced to play stupid games. Then they would demand we all come to "office night" every single Thursday after work. (we ended around 930pm) If you didn't go to "office night" you were pretty much in the dog house.
    6. Demanding hours! Your regular work day is from 1030am (when you are required to arrive at the office)-930pm (when you can leave given that "wrap up" is done) That is Monday-Friday and you work Saturdays 9-4 or sometimes until you get a certain amount of sales.
    7. Promotion promises? They tell you that you have the opportunity be promoted from Account Representative to Assistant Manager within approximately 6 months in the interview. What they don't tell you is you need to have a certain amount of people promoted on your personal team. So basically if your trainee quits at any time you get to start all over with someone new. At the rate they hire people and the turnover rate....you won't be getting promoted in the time you think.
    8. Hiiiiigh turnover! I worked there for about a month and a half and there were approximately (can't remember exactly how many they came as fast as they went) 10 people that came their first day. Out of those people about approximately 3 didn't come back the second day. 5 of them quit within the first week or two. There was always one that stayed for a decent amount of time (and by that I mean a month). When I left there was only one person left that was hired around the same time I was. How can you get promoted when everyone quits??
    9. Drive a ton and not reimbursed for mileage or gas. Oh and your co-workers that don't have cars? Don't worry your boss will just make them tag along in your car. Guess who pays for that!
    10. Co-workers obsessed with "negativity". If you so much as say oh man my car got stolen and you are even remotely upset about it you will hear their annoying token response of: "QUIT NEGGING". Guess what?!? Sometimes people have bad days! Forcing them not to be negative for even a second about a clearly negative situation makes things worse!!
    11. Even as a Manager/Owner you still do door to door sales! I don't know about you but if I'm a Manager/Owner I sure don't want to be doing entry level type work!

I could go on and on. This job is pretty much a scam. I did not quit solely because this job was "difficult"(more like a waste of time if you want to get anywhere in your career). I worked my butt off and realized that even financially this job didn't fit for me. If you are desperate for a job then go for it but don't stay long because you will start to believe the BS that you learn. If you have 10 reasons to stay I will have 50 reasons for you to leave. Especially to my fellow college grads, you have a degree! Do something with it! This job is like taking your career plans and putting them in the attic because you think you can't do any better.

Be more honest with your promotion system. Make the "optional" office night ACTUALLY optional! Spend less time playing games and let your employees have more of a life outside work! Get rid of team days!

Don't Buy The Hype!

I worked at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-High energy, friendly atmosphere and people
    -Seemingly clear path to promotions/career advancement
    -Hands on interview experience
    -Professional and prompt follow up and communication to inquiries

Cons

-In the wrong business at the wrong time (over-saturated market, many competitors with similar approach)
    -All commission and likely low salary fro entry and first line supervisors (around $20-30K or less)
    -No additional compensation for first promotion, with more work
    -Misleading position title ("account representative" suggests on ongoing relationship with clients, when in fact the job is more of a somewhat high pressure lead generation/sales job where you likely have no further contact with the client once you leave their business)

Find another business to shift you motivates sales team into!

A fun work environment with real growth potential.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Liberty Business Consulting

Pros

The environment at this office is fasted paced and fun and when I finished school that was one of the things I was looking for. There were a few places I could have worked but I wanted a place where not only I was doing something I liked but also like where I was doing it. This is also company for people who are looking to learn every aspect of a business and then grow there within it. One thing that I came to learn was that at LBC no one feels like an employee or just another number. Each person plays a certain role and know that they are valued here among the business.

In my first year at the company I saw my career and personal growth advance more than I had expected it to. I think that part of that attributes to how the office interacts as a team not only in the office but outside of the office as well. We are part of local sports leagues and charities outside of the office that are appealing to everyone in the office.

Cons

This is a place where you have to start at the bottom and work your way up no matter how much previous experience you have. They really value the knowledge of current employees and they want everyone to learn from the best. It takes dedication to advance but it is 100% worth it in the end.

phony

Former Employee - Junior Account Representative in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Representative in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Liberty Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is energetic and friendly. There is a lot of opportunity for motivated sales people who do not need a lot of money right now.

Cons

The only pay is commission from door to door sales. The leaders and management spout a lot of retoric, but rarely offer real help during training. The market for the product is over saturated and the customers are frustrated with sales people. Be ready for people to be very rude. If you do not want to "hangout" after work every night, you may be treated like an outsider.

Be more forthright during the interview process about compensation and hours. If the hours are 7 to 6, do not say that they are 8 to 5.

Liberty Business Consulting Photos