Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services

Anthony J. Zizzamia, Jr.

1. liked very much

Former Employee - Pca in Aberdeen, NC
    Former Employee - Pca in Aberdeen, NC

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

no one to look over your shoulder all the time. freedom in movement , and time management

Cons

no reimbursement for mileage . low pay. no upward promotions .

Advice to Management

HIRE from Within! Hire people that KNOW hwtas going on.

2. patient

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services

Pros

there is no pros they gave us a hard time and the only ones that help retired

Cons

I would advise everyone do not use these company the people left us with low supplies told lies to his doctor tried to blame us for things and if you have a catheter or colostomy which is there job to keep up with they don't and wont they don't give you 2 weeks notice before they drop we had supply that where suppose to be order the next day after there nurse told him to change coverage of insurance and they could keep him on and that he could drive this way they dropped him so good luck but we now are getting the run around sad to think these people are left to take care of us in our time of need but dont

3. nothing good after hire date

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i have a job and the patients

Cons

The worst place i have ever worked for. Even management share in gossip which they sometimes start. Moral is very low and so are the wages.

Advice to Management

I really don't no where to start. change management and know how you want the community to view your business.

Spiraling down

Current Employee - CNA in Sanford, NC
    Current Employee - CNA in Sanford, NC

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are amazing. We work well together and have become a small family. Residents are awesome. They become your extended family also. Brand new building, so it's pretty. Maintenance department is always working hard to keep things running.

Cons

No support from management. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. Management doesn't care about the well being of their residents, only the money. They also dont appreciate their staff. Low pay. Housekeeping is a joke. Have seen them cleaning tables with the same wipes we use to clean residents instead of the germicide wipes they are supposed to use. We never have linen stocked on second or third shift. Always short staffed. And they expect you to do the same amount of work with half the staff. Management doesn't follow contact precaution guidelines.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating the staff. If it weren't for us, you would have to run these halls. The reason why the turnover rate is so high is because you treat your staff like they are disposable. the reason why you can't find anyone to hire is because the reputation of the work environment has spread. Get a new administrator. Extend the hours housekeeping is in house and actually make them clean.

6. Worst company to work for.

Current Employee - IT Staff in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

-Treats employees like garbage -Managers suck including the Software Development/IT people. -They treat their clients horribly behind closed doors and do not handle their records with care. -They work you to death and expect you to take your work home. -Good ol boy system that means you will never move up no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Management

There is nothing that can fix this.

Worst experience ever.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Office/management initially friendly. Coworkers were nice. Pay is average to good

Cons

They will work you like a dog. Drive hundreds (I kid you not on the hundreds) of miles PER DAY. On top of hours of paperwork and phone calls etc. So short staffed that the office workers also have to go do field work so getting help is difficult and time consuming if it happens. Friendly to your face but if you have an issue it's ignored for as long as possible and then you are questioned for not getting it sorted sooner. :/

Advice to Management

If your turn over rate is so high and you can't keep staff doesn't that say something is going wrong?

Rough times.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Thomasville, NC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Thomasville, NC

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was average to good. I made around 53 K a year as a full time RN. Free generic prescriptions.

Cons

They overload you and do not care to send you from here to Timbuktu to see patients. I have driven as many as 300 miles a day or more. They burn out their nurses and then expect people to stay on board. Why can they not see that they could have some good nurses if they would just treat them right? On call all the time. Too much. At one point I was on call every other week....the whole week. I felt as if I had no life at this job and had to leave it behind.

Advice to Management

Figure out some strategies to keep some good RNs. You've lost a lot of good ones. Need to find some balance and not have the same people on call all the time. It's too much. Hire some dedicated on call or evening only nurses or some Baylor nurses. You need to figure out what is wrong. I loved it there for a time but it got to be too much and I burned out after 3+ years.

Having trouble getting paid.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raeford, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raeford, NC

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked part-time for 4 years for Liberty. I haven't had many complaints until now. It is an OK company.

Cons

My paycheck was not configured right because of a new computer system. The problem was not with me, but Liberty has been slow to pay me what is owed. I may have to go to the Labor Board.

Advice to Management

The people who do patient care are the ones who take care of your agency. You need to take care of them. There is no excuse for being slow to pay an employee what is owed to them.

hospice nurse

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services

Pros

overall good company that takes great care of their patients

Cons

management does not listen to employees who have suggestions on how to better outlook in community

Advice to Management

listen to your employees when they tell you to get a presence in the community, ie, advertise, buy a failing nursing home and make it a Liberty Commons in order to complete with other hospice in the area

Hospice in Moore County

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time

Pros

You received personalized treatment and extremely loving care from the staff at this hospice from the staff that go out and do direct patient care. The Nursing staff, Social worker, Chaplain and Aide are wonderful and easy to work with.

Cons

Have trouble getting through to the office at times. Office staff say one thing to employees and turn around and say something else to the customers. Not consistent.

Advice to Management

Be more friendly to staff and consistent in dealing with all staff members and act in a professional manner at all times.

RSS Feed </> Embed