Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews in Dover, NH

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long

David H. Long

Pros
  • The company pay is reasonable for the expectation and lack of work life balance(in 69 reviews)

• You are given a good amount of days off per year and good benefits(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • The type of manager in your office will make or break your work-life balance(in 66 reviews)

• Upper management is loosing more of their focus and support of front line employees(in 32 reviews)

47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Professional and responsible, like meeting a CPA on a blind date

Insurance Assistant (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsGood benefits, pension (rare these days), and employee recognition system. Management level and above have flexibility to work from home.

ConsSome internal politics, primarily a cubicle environment, company is (understandably) risk-averse to the point where things like an on-site workout facility is thought to be too risky.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management has recently changed, and some of the things I liked about the company are also changing. I would advise not to change for the sake of change. Even the most cost-effective decision can have unintended negative consequences.

Fast paced, focused on employee growth and lots of opportunities.

Business Systems Analyst I (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsI have been at Liberty for over a year now and I am thrilled with the company. My group is upbeat, intelligent and fosters a great work environment.

ConsMy frustration lies with the healthcare coverage. I wish it were a little more comprehensive. However, the wages they pay seem to offset that.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve benefits and offer more 401k options.

Great Internship

Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsCompetitive pay. Good work/life balance. Plenty of opportunities to network with other interns. Good perks that come with a big company.

ConsBig company means lots of "red tape."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a great company if you are looking to pursue further education but cannot afford to pay for it.

Human Resources Professional (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsTraining is comprehensive,policies and rules are laid out for everyone to see and follow, compensation is great for the NH market, tuition reimbursement program is excellent, Human Resources are always there should you have an issue, grievance or complaint.

ConsDepending on the department or manager you have- the culture and environment can be drastically different from department to department. I love the company as a whole and have met some fantastic people- but unfortunately the manager I've had the last 2 years is not exemplary of what a great manager is by any means. However nearby managers I've watched treat their employees with dignity, respect and encouragement- which is why I am looking to switch departments ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be 360 reviews on all managers. Employees are constantly being critiqued and called out by their managers, but there is no chance for employees to let management know how they are doing as managers. Most innovative companies use this approach- I'm surprised we aren't there yet.

Great company, great benefits, great pay

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsThis company is a great place to work. The salary and benefits are untouchable within the industry. There are so many areas within the company to grow and move.

ConsDepending on where you are in the company, layoffs can tend to be frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the basics

Doesn't walk the talk

Systems Manager (Former Employee) Dover, NH

ProsThe benefits are very good despite being cut recently.

ConsDont believe the slogans of helping people.. its all about the bottom line. They operate to cut costs taking it out on customers and employees. Executives are well rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to allow employees time to focus on the customer and provide quality service and build relationships...its not how quickly you can move to the next task....

Lack of Ambition

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Dover, NH

ProsJob security, large company with good pay.

ConsPeople in my department lacked ambition

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Don't Turn 50 Years Old

Manager (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsVery nice environment to work in with current technology. The people here work very hard and do great things. Work Life Balance has historically been tough here, but SOME managers have a heart and will be flexible with compensating for night / weekend work

ConsOnce you turn 50 and make a really good salary, they look to manage you out of the company. I personally know of 3 people that this has happened to in the last 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople with Grey hair can be valuable to those in their 30's

Good place to work. The people are nice and I got great experience working here!

Claims Representative (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsGood atmosphere and good starting pay right out of school. I liked the area the office was in and everyone treated me nicely even though I was in a lower position than they were.

ConsI worked in claims - not very glamorous and can be draining. Not much to do other than talk to people on the phone who are usually very aggrivated.

Expect to work hard

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsThis company has really great benefits, defined goals, and gives you freedom to work. Great reputation for challenging employees

Constough work/life balance, not the most exciting industry to work in while you are young, hard to change business segments

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!