Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.3
1,098 Reviews

Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long

Pros
  • The company pay is reasonable for the expectation and lack of work life balance (in 73 reviews)

• You are given a good amount of days off per year and good benefits (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge but that's pretty much corporate America (in 70 reviews)

• Upper management is loosing more of their focus and support of front line employees (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job, great company!

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

I have many. Thank you.

Cons

I have none. Thank you.

Benefits

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Solid Benefits, Bonus varies based on companys performance, free parking week nights and weekends is great

Cons

Training could be more indepth

Great Job - but company too many challenges

Current Employee - Large Loss Litigation Team  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Large Loss Litigation Team in Irving, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible working hours and alternative work schedules

Cons

hiring too many college hires - not enough experienced workers, also not enough support help, too many meetings

No LMS and RCPS, consider more experienced employees to come on board and hit the ground running. No tools needed for litigation, let us use our experience and skills to resolve cases, give us authority to do our job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great internship

Current Employee - IT Intern  in  Dover, NH
    Current Employee - IT Intern in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, employees genuinely care about you, fun intern trips/events, and full time offers

Cons

Not much work, gets boring

Be more prepared with interesting work to give out

Good Company to start with

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Liberty Mutual has great pay for entry level customer service agents. Compared to other companies in the area Liberty pays the most. Liberty also offers the opportunity to work from home.

Cons

The down side "numbers driven" can make the environment stressful and take away from customer focus. As far as moving up you need to be willing to move to another state.

The Worst experience ever

Former Employee - Senior Field Property Loss Specialist  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Property Loss Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, ok benefits

Cons

As a former field property loss specialist, I found the workload totally unreasonable. It did not lend to a healthy work/life balance. On average, I was putting in about 65 hours per week. This was due in part to their refusal to add staff in the area. They had the audacity to tell me that they only needed two reps in a metropolitan area of 4 million. I left after one year. Prior to my taking the position, two others had my position and also left within a year. I spoke to both and they left for the exact same reason as I did. When I gave my two weeks, I was told I could work the two weeks as I wanted to clean up as many files as possible. Three days later, I am told "today is my last day" and I was then locked out of the system(while I was out inspecting a loss)". While I wasn't disappointed in being locked out if their archaic system, I was disappointed in how it was handled. I was also disappointed in their claims processes, their staffing model, and their company culture as a whole. I'm currently an analyst for a large insurance broker and constantly have to battle them regarding their rates, and processes. They are also running a good company(Safeco) into the ground. If I could give "the bird" for a rating I would

Staff Properly and promote managers who have actual field experience instead of inside adjusters

Absolutely Fantastic!

Former Employee - Actuarial Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Actuarial Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an Actuarial Intern, I was given real work! My manager was great and supportive! I learned so much. I came in not knowing much about Excel or VBA and I learned a lot in both! I was able to contribute to the company. They really care about their Interns, and they have definitely showed that. It is a really great company!

Cons

It is really overwhelming at first, but it gets better! It was very hard at first learning everything at once. You have a lot of information coming at you at once. And you naturally feel pressured to know everything right away, but with time, it all gets better.

As far as I can see, they are doing a great job.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work at. Lots of very helpful and smart people there. Typical corporate ladder climbing place. Has a pretty standard way of doing things.

Cons

Typically have to work your way up from the bottom. Have access to a lot of people but most are either stuck where they are or trying to climb the ladder.

Hard to give advice, company is too large.

Great place to work, but you have to be willing to work hard

Current Employee - Business Analyst II  in  Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is by far the best in the area. The company takes care of you with regards to getting paid. The benefits package is also much better than I have seen from my other working friends.

Cons

You have to be willing to work all the time. If you aren't understanding something, there is not always someone around to train you so you should be good a teaching yourself and putting in extra hours until you get the hang of the job.

It's a good place to learn the business

Current Employee - Personal Lines Agent  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Personal Lines Agent in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide salary and training to get new reps licensed and generating leads. The technology is good. The company is set up to get all the fluff out of the way, so reps can concentrate on sales.

Cons

Small commissions and quotas that get higher along with price. Sudden changes that affect the business seem to come down suddenly from above.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Photos

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!