Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews

1,481 Employee Reviews

Good Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their training is exceptional...the pay is great, excellent benefits and vacation time. Flex time for work/home balance.

Cons

Wish they would promote within more...they have talented people who currently work for them and the transition to other departments is highly difficult.

Advice to Management

Promote from within! Limited growth opportunity on the sales and service side

2. Insurance sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay. Great training. Great support

Cons

there are no cons for this company.

3. Great company to work for. 401k, pension, paid vaca, and unlimited resources.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Monroe Township, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Monroe Township, NJ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. 401k, pension, paid vaca, and unlimited resources.

Cons

Small renewal percentage. Great prices for a small percentage of people.

Advice to Management

Up renewals

5. Great Company

Former Employee - Paralegal in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company that actually cares about it's employees and the community. Great benefits, flexible schedules, decent salary, annual bonus and raises.

Cons

The supervisors tend to micromanage the staff. Typical office politics with favoritism and special treatment. No real opportunity for advancement in your field, however the company as a whole has a lot of opportunities and they make it easy to transfer to another department.

6. Claims Case Manager III

Former Employee - Claims Specialist III in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist III in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. VERY competitive pay/benefits, 401k, vacation time, and work-life balance.

Cons

There is a disconnect between the management that creates the rules on how to do the job and those that actually do it. Those creating the rules have no familiarity with the actual job duties; rather, they impose requirements that they can use as marketing for outside business not job effectiveness.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees on how to get work done.

In the middle

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, pay, paid training, & licensing

Cons

Late, schedule, product training is less than mediocre, tenure first, sales metric for csr role

Advice to Management

It started off great. My interview was awesome, my welcome packet was hreat, and my state training and licensing was top notch.... then it kind of went downhill. I understand the company is going through changes but I feel like all of us new reps are getting the short end of the stick. Afyer my class finished state we went into Liberty Mutual training. A few of our trainers were very inprepared to take on the role and ir shows. We got quite a bit of misinformation and itwasnt cleared up. Just pushed under the rug. Once my team got tonthw floor we were told essentially ob well deal with it. It has not helped my view of the role One of the biggest things that has really got to me is the added sales metric for service reps. I was specifically told in my interview that there were no sales involved it was strictly service. Then once my team hit the floor there was a leads metric. We were supposed to offer so many leads for new policies a day. 6 leads a day. Not very much but we have to sell them the idea of the policy to get them to agree to a quote. I am not a sales professional I like helping I don't know how to offer other than ask. It is really frustrating because management is very adamant about it. It is the most important metric they speak to. There was no big emphasis placed on leads in training either which also frustrating. My team spent about 20 minutes during the 10 weeks we were in class going over up selling & cross selling. I looked at the job description for the csr again to make sure I didn't by chance miss the objective of offering leads. It is nowhere to be found in the description. My view of this role has changed drastically since I first started and it makes me sad.

8. Commerical Lines Underwriter

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Large company, endless opportunities (offices around the world)

Cons

When they purchased other companies, they didn't integrate the systems as well as they could have.

9. Claims Specialist

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Great pay! Good people! Annual bonus.

Cons

Frustrating processes. People get lost in the mix. Priorities tend to be focused on numbers and not people.

Advice to Management

Provide customer service training.

10. Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Frisco, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Good starting base pay plus commission. Quality product and very good training. There is potential to make great money if you are working from a small office or have a very large referral network. Getting past the first year is key. After some time most agents are given Affinity Accounts that provide business. But those usually go to more veteran agents.

Cons

You are paid a base of 3900 for the first 6 months. But that drops to 2000 from then on. The product is very over priced unless the buyer fits a specific group. Perfect credit, home owner, married, college grad, bundle of home and auto, long history of prior etc. Other than that, closing business is very hard. My office was to big and not enough leads to go around. In other locations there are only 4 or 5 agents sharing company fed leads. You wont make a ton of money but at least it's something while you build your referral network. I couldn't maintain because we had 19 of us splitting up the trickle coming in. You will be let go if you cant sell the required policies within 6 months. Very high turn over in North Texas.

Advice to Management

Provide more leads to help the new agent in the beginning. Instead of spending thousands to fly new hires to Florida for 2 weeks training, spend that on salary. Find ways to get premiums more in line with competitors.

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pay & opportunities for growth

Cons

No work/ life balance. Heavy workload

Advice to Management

Look for solutions before blaming claims representatives.

Showing 1,481 of 1,574 reviews