Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews

1,537 Employee Reviews

Good work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Compliance Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good educational reimbursement and work life balance, many great employees

Cons

not the most interesting work, hard to move between areas of the company

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Associate I, Analyst Development Program in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate I, Analyst Development Program in Boston, MA

Pros

I was an intern at Liberty Mutual before starting there full time in July 2015. I had a great experience with my coworkers and managers at the company. I'm currently part of the Analyst Development Program and through the program, I have plenty of access to upper management as well as many development opportunities.

Cons

I haven't been able to take advantage of the summer Friday schedule because I've been in training for the past month.

3. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Employee Talent, Internal Opportunities (can explore many areas internally)

Cons

Rigid management structure, overly complex processes

5. Great Culture

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great flexible work schedule and FTO policy. Very friendly and close work environment.

Cons

Rather complicated organization structure, sometimes can be confusing at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Everything is great. Really appreciate the message clearly distributed throughout the organization.

6. Evolving slowly. Stay away from innovation groups, particularly in Personal Insurance.

Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA

Pros

Company performance ensures bonus. Many good people.

Cons

Poor management, particularly of the innovation efforts. Highly political. Fast track promotions based on favoritism and allegiances. Continual reorganization. Poor senior managers never fired.

Advice to Management

Promote people with real experience, not just intelligence and quantitative skills. Stop worshipping consultants and listen to your people. Bring in new blood from other organizations to challenge standard thinking and propose outside the box solutions. Get rid of VPs and SVPs who don't perform.

Ok company to work for

Current Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Job & industry security is there if you do the work

Cons

Tired of seeing other people succeed who continuously cheat the system, hard just to keep making goal if you are honest

Advice to Management

Why let some people off the hook over and over again when they keep cheating the system?

8. Finally a company that rewards your effort!

Former Employee - Senior Customer Claims Representative in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Claims Representative in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best call center job I've worked. Tuition reimbursal, good pay, great work environment, and the company truly cares about its employees. Servant leadership means your supervisor really is there to support you, goals are attainable, and opportunity abounds for promotion from within. They want to be the best for their customers AND employees. It was so great to feel and see appreciation for my hard work.

Cons

My biggest complaint was that we didn't have an office in there area where my husband's job was transferred, and there weren't any telecommuting options for me to stay with the company. I hated leaving! Generally speaking though, the work can become repetitive, and you're speaking with customers at a very unpleasant time in their life so their emotions can run high. Also, this job requires near constant multitasking with multiple programs, so if you're not tech literate it can be a steep learning curve.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication to IC's a top priority. Keep doing what you're doing, I'd work for you again in a heartbeat.

9. Help me, I'm drowning.

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being a Liberty Employeee

Cons

I love it too much :(

Advice to Management

Be less awesome 😩

10. Analyst Development Program

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good place to start a career, develop your skills in a corporate setting - Excellent training, especially in technical skills - Some of the management is great and very caring - Office is pretty nice/good location in downtown seattle - 401k Matching is better than average - Fairly stable hours, you don't have to work more than 40 hours if you dont want to, but they also wont stop you from doing so with the workload - Recently introduced work flexibility (work from home one day a week)

Cons

- Misleading about rotations/placement after program; very little transparency with lots of corporate politics in the background - Extremely technical and overcomplicated work/processes - Very old and outdated work culture; they even adjust your desk size based on grade level...what decade are we in?! - Below average compensation and career progression - Benefits aren't very good (no transportation, healthcare is avg) - Mundane work, changes drastically by department although management says it doesn't

Advice to Management

If you want to attract and retain young talent, you need to create a progressive work environment.

11. Liability Claim Representative

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits, good amount of vacation time, knowledgeable employees, fair claims handling techniques, opportunities for promotion

Cons

Extremely large, impersonal employer. Did not allow work-from-home employees; lack of training, unsupportive management

Showing 1,537 of 1,634 reviews