Liberty National Life Reviews

186 reviews filtered by
3.9
Liberty National Life President and CEO Roger C. Smith
Roger C. Smith

Pros
  • Flexible Schedule, Great Pay, Awesome Team Environment, Amazing Retirement (in 9 reviews)

• The opportunity for advancement is amazing (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish I had started ten years ago because although its hard work the rewards are great (in 5 reviews)

• New agents are often not self starters and miss out on an amazing income potential (in 5 reviews)

Best career opportunity I have ever had.

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training was great. Spent two weeks in the office with the laptop trainer learning about products and services. Then one of the Regional Directors went in the field with me and taught me how to do this. My first paycheck was about $1800. The exciting thing for me is that was only about 6 months ago and I've already stepped into the first level of management and have really been able to control my own destiny.

Cons

There's no real downside if you're willing to work really hard. The only downside, if any, is that you really control your own destiny, you write your own paycheck. For me, and a lot of people in our agency, that's a pro, but if you're not willing to work I can see how that would be a con.

Keep doing what you're doing because it's changed my life.

2. It takes work but what doesn't?

Current Employee - Agency Director in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My income is higher that what I previously earned.
    The flexibility I have is also better.

Cons

I wish I had more time to devote to work and had found this career much earlier in life. I settled for a job where I was assigned a value and worked that job for years!!

3. Insurance Agent

I have been working at Liberty National Life

Pros

-The service product was/is wonderful. The clients that take advantage of the service will benefit greatly in having them in place for their families.
    -Awesome career opportunity for someone who wants to eat, breath and sleep Liberty National all the rest of their life.

Cons

The marketing strategy placed upon the agents to follow is overly demanding. It does not allow the agent the opportunity to balance home life and career. I understand the concept that is given during training but it is not realistic.

Consider broaden the scope of appointment time for agents so a balance between home life and career can be effectively achieved.

5. If you are looking for something to do after retirement it might be ok.

Current Contractor - Supervisory Agent
    Current Contractor - Supervisory Agent

I have been working at Liberty National Life as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The products you are selling are actually pretty good. If you have the extra coin you can shell out then you can eventually make good money if you can become a Agency Director or Owner, but you will have to pay for it.

Cons

The company doesn't care about sales. They want you to recruit. Turnover is so high that they constantly have everyone trying to call people to come in for an interview. Most new agents only last long enough to make a sale or two and then leave and that is how the company makes money. Hire someone, they make a sale or two and then wash out, and then they hire a new person.

All of the responsibilities put on lower management while Agency Owners and Directors just sit back and reap the benefit of destroying their agent's financial status. I guess that is the norm in the insurance industry though.

6. I was with Liberty Snider Group for three years

Former Employee - Supervising Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Supervising Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Liberty National Life full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

With Solid effort made good money.
    Managers cared about the agents
    Perks like trips and recognition is magazine was cool

Cons

Not being truly able to control your cancelations

Management of the offices seems good, every at Liberty "101" school people liked their managers. But Home office seems slow to understand field issues.

7. Very tough field, but worth the hard work if you're planning for long term

Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work if you are driven. You get paid what you are worth and for what you bring to the table. No one decides how much you will make or how much you will grow other than you. They do not move you up based on seniority but based on performance and ability. Still a relatively small branch, so it's tight knit and family like. Run by 80% ladies, and all the directors are female, which is rare in this field.

Cons

It's still in sales, so there are ups and downs. No base pay, so I can see why that could be considered a con. Not for the weak minded or timid people. You will face a lot of rejection in sales. Make a lot of money but no time to spend it.

Casual days are great! Wish we had more!!!

Liberty National Aderholt Agency Roswell, Ga Recruiting 101

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Liberty National Life (less than a year)

Pros

Pros are for management. First they hire three people EVERY week. So that there is always three people for the fake training and then they have three people in the field, which is when they make fake bonus on you, hence (Recruiting 101) The sad part is they always have three people wandering around because they fail to tell them that they are through with that set of three and they should go :( They use people for a couple of weeks to get their recruiting bonuses and line their pockets with whats left with their leads . Then they just leave people out to dry.

Cons

Scams your time and money or what little you may have left, they don,t mind.

Try another place this ones destiny is already been determined.

Liberty National Life Insurance Should Spend Their Money on Their Associates Versus Lavish Conventions

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Liberty National Life full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I did like the location of the Downtown Charlotte Location. It was close to my home. Unfortunately, this is all the Pro I can offer.

Cons

I worked for Liberty but I'm not there now. The training was horrible and the leadership of the downtown location seems to only be interested in those that come in making them lots of money. If you need help, you are out of luck. However, after looking at their Facebook page, they are promoting a huge lavish convention on Florida. Seems like they should spend the money on better leadership or better training materials.

Reconsider spending so much money on useless conventions.

10. Career Advancement

Current Contractor - Supervising Agent in Dothan, AL
    Current Contractor - Supervising Agent in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Liberty National Life as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There is numerous amounts of ways to advance within the company. Hard work and dedication is what will drive you to be successful with the AWESOME company!!!!!

Cons

There aren't any if you stick with the standards that are set!

11. Opportunity of a Life Time

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I get to work Monday through Friday with weekends off. Because of this I get to spend more time with my family and friends. With my previous job I was working 55-65 hours a week in a salaried position not getting paid what I'm worth and now I get paid what I'm worth!

Cons

A lot of traveling during the week. But I don't mind it.

Mentor even the old agency owners to keep them on point with company standards

Liberty National Life Photos