Liberty Power Corp

Updated February 5, 2015
Updated February 5, 2015
2.1

David Hernandez

Pros
  • If you want to truly contribute, and be truly accountable then this is a Great place to work (in 5 reviews)

• Free coffee, company party, offer benefits like health, dental, and vision (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The company places absolutely no value on work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• There is an expectation that you are in the office long, long hours even if you don't have to be (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Things are getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was a contractor before I was converted to perm. During that time I was witness to the layoffs and the reduced spending. While I feel for the people that were affected by the layoffs unfortunately it is sometimes a necessary evil for a business to survive. However, things are beginning to look up again and I'm hopeful that the trend will continue.

Great Co-workers
    Competitive Salaries
    No Dress Code
    Work-Life Balance

Cons

Upper management could have handled the layoff/cost avoidance strategy better.

From what I understand Liberty Power has grown from a small ship to a large ship. Please keep that in mind when changing course as the wakes left behind can have longer lasting effects. I am buying into the "Powerful Together" philosophy and am hoping that I made the right choice.

Worst year of my life!

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not many. Maybe that their headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale FL? They did pay a really nice salary, but it's because you can't sell their overpriced product and make any commission.

Cons

So, so many. Micro manage everyone. The CEO is extremely paranoid. He thinks everyone is out to get his company in some way.

Stay in the SMB market and don't try to play with the big boys.

Liberty Power Corp Response

Feb 17, 2015Marketing and Communications Consultant

Thanks for sharing your perspective. At Liberty Power, we recognize that we’re a team and we depend on each other for success. We have a performance-driven workplace where failure is embraced as a ... More

Talk is cheap as is Liberty Power. Backing up talk is not one of the company’s strengths.

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

“Our company culture is defined by 29 Fundamentals that guide employee conduct” sounds very interesting. It would be a welcome change, and none of us believe that the owner or the insiders have the ability to change their ways which has caused the company to be a highly undesirable place to make a career.

Cons

Keep on doing what it is you do. Arrogant people never change. Everyone at the company is looking to get out.

This group is not capable of listening to advice let alone taking initiative to change for the better.

Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a lunch room.

Cons

They went downhill really fast. President is completely insane and COO is his punching bag. I do not think they actually plan anything and instead just reject or never make a decision.

I met only one person on the leadership team that actually had a background worth something and knows what to do but will be gone soon.

There is major operational problems in every department which all points to the IT department is really the pits and never get anything done. Very combative teams and everyone stays in their corner.

Lack of consistancy and organization

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, casual dress code, flexibility with time when needed, nice co-workers, very friendly CEO who has an amazing ability to remember every employee by name and consistantly greets them each by name and always with a warm smile.

Cons

Inconsistant directions, constant changes at the whim of management, lack of professionalism in the communication style of some members of management to employees and even peers in the organization, favoritism, ever changing rules and guidelines, lack of properly functioning systems, data integretiy issues, unrealistic goals, inadequatley staffed departments, reative vs. proactive culture.

Evaluate realistic staffing needs for each department, stop tolerating unprofessional communication within the organization, promote a pro-active verses re-active culure and delegate the resources to allow for such, dedicate resources to improve data integrity (garbage in, garbage out), create realistic goals so employees can thrive and morale can improve across the organization. I believ the CEO wants what is best for the organization but does not have an accurate picture of what is going on at the lower levels.

Liberty Power employee review

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of talent within the sixth floor

Cons

Management will make the business collapse!

No advise to management... I have read through so many glass door reviews that the door should have shattered by now. If your unhappy at a company than leave it... that simple

Dedicated employees working for inferior senior maangers and execs

Former Contractor - PMO
    Former Contractor - PMO

I worked at Liberty Power Corp as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people who really want to do a good job in a tough env.

Cons

systems are in disarray and unreliable.

improve IT

Lots of potential but bad processes and questionable internal practices stifle innovation and growth

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Liberty Power Corp as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top management means well and really wants to make it a great place to work. They put a lot of money and effort to make it a more fun company, full time casual, the parties etc.. They also invested in making the environment better, nicer (cafeteria, bathrooms). They are committed to make the company thrive and succeed. Very interesting business with unlimited potential.

Cons

Pressure for greater revenue are causing middle management to give the top folks a different version of the truth. Certain departments are using former employee ids to make account changes, then ask IT to "fix" the data to reactivate at different dates to inflate THEIR department numbers. A contract is a binding agreement between two parties, your processes should not allow anyone to "adjust" the dates of service or amounts to fit their reports or numbers then change it back later. This is symptomatic of the issues that are destroying this potentially great company from within. The IT department is dysfunctional at this point, some changes in the right direction have been made, but it might be too late at this point. Case in point, everyone in the company, with the exception of phone staff, is allowed to work from home, but all developers are specifically excluded. As a consultant, I watched in amazement as countless well thought out, cost effective ideas got shot down time and time again or just plain ignored. The favored approach is to build in house, yeah that can be fun but it may not always be the most cost effective

1) Fix your IT department: Your business relies on data, especially accurate data. Give IT the authority to be the data gatekeepers. You can't allow departments to keep bending/violating the rules in their favor to protect their number. 2) Change your processes to allow issues to be brought up w/o repercussions, bringing up concerns about data issues are ignored. If anything the person bringing up the issue gets pushed aside or worse. Here are some questions to ask yourselves: if after all these endless rounds of layoffs and continuous rotation of IT staff (web and database developers) the problems are still there, could it be that the problem is not with the IT staff itself? Departments are made of people, people with jobs. What jobs are at stake if "the numbers don't look good"? (Hint: it's not the developers). Who, in your company, is closest to data, has a full view of all departments and a day to day, hands on knowledge of what is really going on?

Has Potential, however, Window of Opportunity is Closing

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Fascinating industry with plenty of room for diversification and growth.
    Some of the best and hardest working people out there, including management.
    Good pay and benefits.
    Management is open and flexible to accommodate your personal ability and growth potential.

Cons

CEO is an entrepreneur through and through and has done an excellent job starting the business - now he faces the difficult decision of being able to hand-off control to a tenured energy management team with experience in growth.

Lack of FOCUS and conscientious planning combined with anxious energy to see immediate results leads to ever changing priorities.

Lack of adequate investment and focus on infrastructure has resulted in very poor customer service - internal and external customers.

Friends and family have an unfair advantage, they eliminate opportunities for qualified applicants and create additional work for many.

Seriously consider "growth" management team, please.

Very bad experience

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Liberty Power Corp as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

-No dress code-they send you emails when you have to dress business
    -Flexible spending account
    -Upper management positions well compensated.

Cons

-Very disorganized environment.
    -They try to implement some core values but nobody believes in them.
    -Don’t leave your job for this company. They will tempt you with a high pay, use you and lay you off few months later.
    -Hard workers are laid off and replaced with friends and family members with no skills to do the job. Some of them don’t speak English.
    -You don’t have job security. Hard work doesn’t guarantee your job.
    -Long hours-8PM is early.

Practice core values.
    Practice transparency.
    Have decency to give up!

Liberty Power Corp Response

Dec 18, 2014Marketing and Communications Consultant

We believe that feedback is our only way to grow, so thank you for sharing your thoughts. When Liberty Power was founded as a startup in 2001, we went head-to-head with utilities that have thousands ... More

Liberty Power Corp Photos