Liberty Tax Service
www.libertytax.com Virginia Beach, VA 500 to 999 Employees

Liberty Tax Service Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Liberty Tax Service – Boise – “work picture”

Liberty Tax Service Chairman, CEO and President John T. Hewitt

John T. Hewitt

Pros:
  • "Seasonal position with flexible hours, great for extra income after the holidays"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Enjoyed my coworkers and the generally collegial work environment as well as the scope of job responsibilities within my department"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay, not valued for experience, lied about compensation, does not value customer, only wants to close deal"
    in 8 reviews
  • "unfortunately it is a seasonable position and a person has to obtain full time employment"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not so bad to work at..

Sign Waver (Former Employee)
    Burien, WA

ProsThe tax season is a fun fast moving place to work at. You get to meet new people and find out so much about the " Tax World". Yes I was only a sign waiver but the management made me feel like I was apart of the office.

ConsA lot of people are to friendly to the ones that wave a sign to attract attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe should look into the whole situation before pointing fingers.

My experience with Liberty Tax has been a pretty good experience

Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsI found their certification program to be very effective and easy to learn.

ConsDown side is that its a seasonal business

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Liberty - Top Franchise

Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsLiberty is a great franchise. The store owners are allowed lots of freedom and if you have a good owner, your job will be very easy and fun.

ConsNo cons to list about this franchise.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very impressed, The service is courteous, yet the environment is professional, laid back and fun all at the same time!

Sign Waver (Current Employee)
    Hales Corners, WI

ProsAll I can say is that as a Waver, and being out is the rain, snow, cold weather, etc., it is my choice! Any waver is out there because it is their choice, some may not be as psyched as I am to work at Liberty, but it is their choice! The franchise I work with has the best boss and employees someone could ask to work with. Due to a streak of bad luck on my end, my boss has literally bent over backwards to accommodate my work schedule, I can only say that the franchise on HWY. 100 in Hales Corners is the ONLY place to get your taxes done, or double checked! A perk is being able to get an exercise routine in, and you get paid for it too!

ConsI have no cons, as a Waver in a third season, I have nothing except positive things to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery one of the franchises needs to have a leader modeled after Angie Curtis of the HWY. 100, Hales Corners, WI office! If all were modeled after the way she runs her business, Liberty Tax Service would be the first go to for having your taxes done! I hope one day when I actually have a substantial amount of money coming in, I can go and have my taxes done at this office. The excellence of the staff far outweighs any grip someone may have about the rates.

Great place to work and Great People

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGreat atmosphere, great work hours, great people and fun work place

ConsI cant say that there are any negatives to working for this place, they like to have fun and it shows.

one job I wont let go for nothing it may be seasonal but if you know what your doing you can eat all year around

Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

Prosmeeting new people the tips were great and I also met new friends the people I work for re for the people they work for the end of the year you get a real big check

Consdealing with rude people working long hours not seeing my kids when they get out of school the job been seasonal

Liberty Tax Service

Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, AR

ProsYou get to meet a lot of interesting people and help people at the same time

Consit is seasonal and therefore sometimes slow

A fun place to work

Lead Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFriendly coworkers. A fun place to work.

ConsThere are no cons for this job.

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsEnjoyed my coworkers and the generally collegial work environment as well as the scope of job responsibilities within my department. The compensation and benefits were adequate. Company makes a genuine effort to create a good corporate culture that involves multiple opportunities for interacting with coworkers outside of the office environment, including supporting charitable causes.

ConsWithin some departments there may be somewhat limited opportunity for career advancement. Having relatively recently become a publicly-traded company comes with growing pains that might take some time to work through.

Terrible place to work

Lead Tax Preparer (Former Employee)
    Greenville, NC

ProsEducation from Headquarters in VA. Beach.

ConsThey hire people right off the street and expect them to become tax preparers after one week or one day of tax education.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh management with good ethics and class

Worked for Liberty Tax Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Tax Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Liberty Tax Service CEO John T. Hewitt. All 195 reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Tax Service employees.