Liberty Tax Service

www.libertytax.com

Liberty Tax Service Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Liberty Tax Service – Boise – “work picture”

Liberty Tax Service Chairman, CEO and President John T. Hewitt

John T. Hewitt

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, nice office, great staff and teamwork(in 11 reviews)

• Seasonal position with flexible hours, great for extra income after the holidays(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay but if you are good then can make good commision(in 9 reviews)

• unfortunately it is a seasonable position and a person has to obtain full time employment(in 7 reviews)

Fantastic Experience

Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Hawthorne, CA

ProsI've bee exposed to a new beginning with this company. It's not just the preparation of the returns, but I've reestablished myself in the work force. My managers and co-workers are great, and we have all done well together.

ConsJust become more consistent with the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bettering yourselves with consistency.

Wouldn't trade my job for anything

Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsThe atmosphere is fantastic. We all are more than just co-workers. We are our own little Liberty family. I have seen complaints about training, but you have to understand that each franchisee is different and operate their offices differently, even when it comes down to training. You find a great franchisee who is serious about their offices and expansion and you will have a very rewarding seasonal job. I also saw that someone mentioned a 3% bonus. Again different franchisees run things differently and at my location we have a 3%, 4% and 5% bonus based on our individual return count, in addition to our regular hourly wages.

ConsSadly it is only seasonal, but that is the way it is when it comes to tax season, and hours will get cut. You have to realize that and understand before you sign on to become a tax preparer. I don't really see that as a "con" but I guess it could be for some people who are picky about that kind of thing.

Energetic Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIndividuals who want to succeed

ConsToo many people who think they can create a better system

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more webinars

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liberty - Top Franchise

Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsLiberty is a great franchise. The store owners are allowed lots of freedom and if you have a good owner, your job will be very easy and fun.

ConsNo cons to list about this franchise.

Very impressed, The service is courteous, yet the environment is professional, laid back and fun all at the same time!

Sign Waver (Current Employee) Hales Corners, WI

ProsAll I can say is that as a Waver, and being out is the rain, snow, cold weather, etc., it is my choice! Any waver is out there because it is their choice, some may not be as psyched as I am to work at Liberty, but it is their choice! The franchise I work with has the best boss and employees someone could ask to work with. Due to a streak of bad luck on my end, my boss has literally bent over backwards to accommodate my work schedule, I can only say that the franchise on HWY. 100 in Hales Corners is the ONLY place to get your taxes done, or double checked! A perk is being able to get an exercise routine in, and you get paid for it too!

ConsI have no cons, as a Waver in a third season, I have nothing except positive things to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery one of the franchises needs to have a leader modeled after Angie Curtis of the HWY. 100, Hales Corners, WI office! If all were modeled after the way she runs her business, Liberty Tax Service would be the first go to for having your taxes done! I hope one day when I actually have a substantial amount of money coming in, I can go and have my taxes done at this office. The excellence of the staff far outweighs any grip someone may have about the rates.

Great place to work and Great People

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGreat atmosphere, great work hours, great people and fun work place

ConsI cant say that there are any negatives to working for this place, they like to have fun and it shows.

one job I wont let go for nothing it may be seasonal but if you know what your doing you can eat all year around

Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosmeeting new people the tips were great and I also met new friends the people I work for re for the people they work for the end of the year you get a real big check

Consdealing with rude people working long hours not seeing my kids when they get out of school the job been seasonal

Liberty Tax Service

Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Jacksonville, AR

ProsYou get to meet a lot of interesting people and help people at the same time

Consit is seasonal and therefore sometimes slow

A fun place to work

Lead Tax Preparer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFriendly coworkers. A fun place to work.

ConsThere are no cons for this job.

Easy Seasonal Job

ProsThe program used at Liberty is pretty easy and simple. We just plug in numbers and information the system calculates everything. It's fun meeting new people, and helping them get their refund.

ConsTowards the end of the season, business slows down and since this is my first year doing taxes and i'm still learning I won't have as many hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be an interactive training program to help newbies learn the forms quicker and help us use schedule C's better etc.

Worked for Liberty Tax Service? Contribute to the Community!