Life Care Centers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Life Care Centers Founder & Chairman Forrest Preston

Forrest Preston

Pros
  • Clean facility, housekeeping is five stars (in 3 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities to learn (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation time not given because of resignation so they wouldn't pay up (in 4 reviews)

• Nurses and CNA's expected to accomplish more than is reasonable (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Best professional environment

Pros- Very professional atmosphere
    - People are supportive
    - Quick turnover on impediments
    - Approachable higher management

Cons- Daily formals with Tie (Including Friday).

Great company to work for!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsGreat support services, company mission, values, and customer service. Room for growth and relocation.

ConsLong hours, high turn over, trying to cut costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen dealing with licensed professionals need to allow for more autonomy and less micromanagement. Morale/team building is in need of great improvement. Senior management promotes and hires based on patronage with unqualified/unlicensed mediocre performers.

It is hard to tell if long-term employees are really valued.

CNA (Current Employee) Sandpoint, ID

ProsOpportunity to transfer if you desire a relocation.

ConsDon't always know what is going on due to changes in facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter inform your aides and nurses on new resident admits on treatments and range of care.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Their statements and actions don't match

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people to work with

Consinflexible regarding policies and procedures.

Disappointing

Lead Cook (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsNot much other then a food handler course online they pay for.

ConsManagement will actively try to make some "quit" their job instead of firing them. Management doesn't seem to care much about their employees, ignoring written and verbal complains about the workplace. Management tends to "cover" mistakes made by staff with regards to the residents (mostly seen happened in nursing)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, take a good look at the people you have working for you, some are very motivated, hard working, loyal and kind, teach your management to find a good way to praise them, recognize their efforts, that would be more than half of the motivation they need to do a even better job. That's what I'm missing working for LCC.

Horrible experience

Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) La Mirada, CA

Proslaid back
    Gain experience
    Nothing else

ConsDisorganized
    Unfair hours
    New supervision that doesn't know the rules
    Unfair treatment

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized and supervise the managers you hired to make sure they're doing their jobs

Terrible place to work.

Dietary Aide (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsNONE none none none none

ConsAdministration treats their employees horribly. Yearly reviews are not given. Vacation time not given because of resignation so they wouldn't pay up. Sick days not paid to employees . Very terrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees that worked their butts off for you better.

Not as bad as the others

Therapist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFlexibility of schedule, good patients, good building maintenance

ConsToo much middle management. Think of the money they'd save firing the three layers of supervisors they have watching over us. They have lately been cutting nursing/CNA hours, who are paid the least anyway. It doesn't make the patients need less care.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, thin out the regional and divisional management ranks.

overall disappointing

Nurse (Former Employee) Greeley, CO

ProsPassed the sniff test during my employment

ConsStaffing based on number of patients rather than acuity. Unqualified staff in key positions. This includes ADON, person in charge of assessing possible admits and wound care nurse. Disciplinary actions are not consistent. Staffing could have been better re. numbers and consistency of your schedule. Unfair/unjust firing. Inappropriate clothing of nursing staff in administration. Storage of non narcotic and narcotic meds.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look on qualifications of staff in key positions. Increase number of CNAs that are caring for patients. Increase salaries of nursing staff including CNA staff. Disciplinary actions need to be consistent. If things continue as they are the future does not look rosy.

High turnover and low patient care

State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Orange Park, FL

ProsThe facility is clean and updated, they are nationally recognized, they have a good benefit plan for full-time employees

ConsTraining was a joke (3 days - even for newly graduated CNAs and nurses), no teamwork even though it's emphasized in orientation a great deal, constant favoritism by managers, terrible staffing, many residents had bed sores because they were not turned every 2 hours as required by state regulations

Advice to Senior ManagementStop floating extra CNAs to other halls and make sure there are enough CNAs to residents so that CNAs don't have to juggle 12 residents at a time! There was never enough time to get patients ready for the day when you multiply 12 patients times 15 minutes per patient and get 2 hours. We only got 1 hour and 15 minutes to get residents ready. If there was 6 residents to 1 CNA, there would be WAY more time to get everything done. Also, don't allow double standards among managers. If a rule is applied to one employee, it should be applied to everyone - regardless of employment longevity.

Worked for Life Care Centers? Contribute to the Community!