Life Insurance Corporation of India

www.licindia.in

Life Insurance Corporation of India Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Shri Thomas Mathew

Pros
  • Interesting work managing diverse people and respectable work culture(in 5 reviews)

• In this profession i am able to help people in their financial planning(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Company should give more incentives to Development officers & good competitions for Agents &(in 4 reviews)

• the attitude of working, some times the work culture(in 3 reviews)

A great company to work to spread the message of life insurance which is least priority in our society.

Development Officer (Current Employee) Amroha (India)

ProsSelling life insurance is the most difficult profession in the world.

ConsToday life insurance industry is facing a lot of challenges in the form of regulation and competition.

It is good company for recent college graduates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLot of opportunities to advance.

ConsLack of training . Only self starters have chance to advance rapidly

No work..........lot of pay for Development officers !

Administrative Officer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe brand name of LIC clubbed with GOVT guarantee and variety of plans to all segments of the society and the financial viability of the organisation and the rural spread in the nook and corner of the country.

ConsPersonal growth is a far cry as the systems prevailing here are such that HORSES AND DONKEYS are treated equally.
    Most of the times, DONKEYS are favored.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only problem PLAGUING LIC, that everyone knows from TOP to bottom......is .....NON WORKING of the so called FIELD FORCE ( D.E.V.E.L.O.P.M.E.N.T O.F.F.I.C.E.R.S )! They are REGULAR employees and how many of them are working REGULARLY for the organisation ? But they REGULARLY enjoy all benefits, salary hikes, UNDESERVING INCENTIVES, and CONVEYANCE ALLOWANCES ( even where they do not move out of their houses )Also they enjoy extra tax free amounts towards Agents training & meetings ! Most of them DO NOT recruit new agents nor they care for the existing agents ! Most of them do not have contacts with their own agents ! In one word, they are enjoying the fruits of the hard work of all other classes, VIZ, class 1, 3 & 4 employees, especially AGENTS. BUT the top management is toothless and they offer new INCENTIVES from time to time ! Everybody and Anybody in LIC knows that most of the dev officers ARE NOT EVEN COMING TO THE OFFICES, but their PROXIES work for them in the office. They live at far off places from their headquarters to look after their children's education or own PRIVATE businesses ! They TOUR the entire country even without applying for leave ! They DO NOT bother to sign the attendance register daily! Better to withdraw the concept of giving HEADQUARTERS to DEV .Officers.The vehicles provided for business development are rarely used for that purpose! AND the list is endless. I suggest that LIC float an essay competition on this subject for all classes of employees, so that more things come to the notice of the DEAF & BLIND top management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No good

Administrative Officer (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosperks ok - time-off benefits are there in paper

Consas an officer there is no work life balance. No clean working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLate sitting to satisfy the agent and field force will not benefit any one.

"feels like executive"

Direct Sales Executive (Former Employee) Alīgarh, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Proswe insist people to save some money and protect their family income

Consbonus rates are not very high, so it is difficult to sell as an investment

Advice to Senior Managementprovede the computer systems to generate and update leads

good

Manager (Current Employee) Mumba (Brazil)

Proswork env was pretty good and i think it will help a lot in the future of the company because its is important

Constiming could be better as it was not as good as some of the best mncs and so it could have been improved.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove timing

record clerk

Record Clerk (Current Employee) Amritsar (India)

Prosthis job is permanent job & this very safe for me.

Conssalary is volume is very low, & working pressure is very high

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

learn more things about insurance

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosmy father is in LIC so i am also working here.

Consi don't want this is as full time job as my career.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

I am satisfy as a agent , but my age is 57 year,s so that

LIC AGENT (Current Employee) Vāranāsi (India)

ProsIt is beast Life Insurance Corporation in India .

ConsIn Eastern U.P. Official manegemaint is not good condition . Employee is not panctual in Office joining time and work,s is not satisfy .

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease manegemaint in the every Office in Eastern U.p.

A huge organization having more than 10 lakhs agent across nation and serving more than 25 crore policy holders.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong brand recognition among people, they won't hesitate to buy LIC policy.

ConsComission issues with many advisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor management people, They should think about their advisor for paying comission because if he terminates they won't pay the comission as well as the bonus cpomission. So they blame the organization. In short run they may not face a problem but in near future they will not get any business from their advisors. Because if their internal customers are not happy then how they make happy their external customer.

Worked for Life Insurance Corporation of India? Contribute to the Community!