Life Line Screening Reviews

2.2
Colin Scully

1. It's a job between other jobs

I worked at Life Line Screening

Pros

They will overpay for the talent that they think they are getting, let you hang around too long, and give you plenty of flexibility to parlay the job into a better one.

Cons

Once you are in, there is little to do.

2. Senior accountant

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Independence, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening

Pros

I got the opportunity to work on different projects, so there was variety to the work.

Cons

The company has turned over the CEO,COO, CFO and Controller in the last year. The company is not financially sound.

3. Worked many years here. Went from saving lives to not enough upsells, no breaks no raises ultrasound

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co workers, saving lives that's about all I got. How do I extend this over 20 words?

Cons

No raises. Intro pay for ultrasound is $18 per hour. I worked there 8 years. Your raises are bonuses. Sell more get a bonus. But if you sell enough to make their required bonus your customer service goes down and they take away your bonus. No breaks, 16 hour days 5-6 days a week. No appreciation. Good Co workers if your lucky and on a good team. Overnight travel 1-4 times per month. Have to work sick even though it's health care. The only appreciation you get is your patients if they are happy and your Co workers .

Good luck keeping employees and having return customers come back In 2 years.

5. THIS ORGANIZATION IS A SCAM!!

Former Employee - APRN-BC in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - APRN-BC in Portland, OR

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no positives with this organization

Cons

Unsafe policy and practices, unprofessional, no knowledge of healthcare employees nor midlevels

I cannot recommend this employer in any way. You are required to set up a joint bank account with this company so they can bill and receive payment from Medicare reimbursements. You set yourself up to have you NPI number prostituted by this organization. This is NOT a healthcare entity.The staff is encouraged and praised for upselling unnecessary tests, of which yours is one. The screening tool is not valid, nor reliable. You will be expected to travel 3 to 4 highway hours one way for most events. Your days will end up being 14 hours long. You will be paid $450-500 per day with no cost of living increase. Benefits are not paid by the organization to make you a valuable employee. The managemen promotes misrepresentation to fit a need. There were statements represented as fact made to me during the interview and my short tenure as but were redacted to make a profit. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO BE LEFT ALONE – NO OTHER EMPLOYEE OR ANYBODY-- at the end of the day for a single screening interview. This means basements of old churches, ladies! Your safety is not their concern. There is no support staff to help you load, set up or tear down. When one was assigned to me management chose a troubled MA with a long history of misconduct with the sister corporation, Lifeline Screening Services. She remained true to her misconduct during my brief, painful experience with this organization. If you value our profession, and like your life DO NOT WORK FOR THIS EMPLOYER!

6. High turnover rate and low commission

I have been working at Life Line Screening

Pros

Upselling is easy ..hourly wage is decent

Cons

Training was too short...scripts and rebuttal s not where they should be

7. Too much work!

Former Employee - Ultrasoubd Tech in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Ultrasoubd Tech in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, Travel, People you meet, coworkers support one another, great place to learn and develop as far as learning from the people you meet, saving lives, prevention is great

Cons

Traveling, long hours, 10-14 hours a day, seeing too many patients, up to 90 patients a day. Management not thoughtful, only cares about the money not our health.

work life balance is important, you cant be promoting health yet killing ur employees

Horrible management and underpaid medical assistants.

Former Employee - Medical Technician in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Medical Technician in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime. The patient interaction is nice when you actually get a chance to talk to them.

Cons

Management is very poor. The GM will tell you anything to get what he wants. Hours are very long with lots of travel. If other employees are slow you have to stay at the site until they are finished. There is a lot of pressure to upsell unneeded tests to participants with very little compensation for the upselling. The employees at the call center add tests that the participant did not want. The participants take it out on you like you are lying to them. The six for life package is represented as actually testing for six diseases but it is just a risk assessment based off questions the participant answers. This company is not honest. They will use and abuse you. There is no flexibility. They also schedule up to 90 participants a day and up to 17 an hour. It is not a medical job. Its like hearding cattle. If you take your self serious as a medical professional this is not your company!

Pay your employees what they are worth(and something they can live off of). Do not make the teams work understaffed to safe a buck on a floater. Do not put a person with no management experience in a management position simply to keep them as an ultrasound tech while the underpaid med techs manage the team behind the scenes with no recognition.

9. My position is wonderful; I am looking to relocate.

I have been working at Life Line Screening

Pros

There is freedom in selling techniques.

Cons

I have moved laterally in the company; does not appear that there is room for growth.

10. Not Long Term

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Preventative health screenings are vital . The services that we provide have changed many lives.

Cons

Scheduling (participants scheduled every 5 minutes), seldom take breaks or lunches due to scheduling, long drive times, no wage increases for during the last 5-6 years, dead end job

Listen and respond to the issues and concerns of the Team Mangers

11. If you like to be travelling daily

Former Employee - Med Tech in New England, ND
    Former Employee - Med Tech in New England, ND

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good experience for the Medical Professional

Cons

High roll over for workers due to poor management

None