Life Style Staffing

Life Style Staffing Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A lot of hours available, work is grueling with little to no room for growth.

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIf you want hours and you want to get large over time pay checks and don't mind what kind of work you are doing this is the place for you. There is a lot of freedom to mess around when you're working in the office and everything is done, happens very rarely...

ConsUpper management does not care about you at all, they may pretend like it, they may say some things that makes you think otherwise, but they don't really care. As soon as they leave the office they won't respond to your calls, texts or emails, but if you ignore them for even a minute expect to be lectured. Long hours, when I first started they literally said "we work until everything is done for the day". Usually that meant from 7am to 6 or 7pm often times until 8 or 9 as well. Monday-Friday, with Saturdays a very high possibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people more than money.

Account Coordinator

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsIf you are a workaholic, this is the place for you.

ConsManagement, very unprofessional. Bad company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

THE WORST AGENCY WHICH I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR

Assembler (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsABSOLUTLY NONE, THEY ARE UNETHICAL AND LIARS

ConsThe worst employment agency that I have ever worked for. From the recruiter till the management, they are liars, crooks, charlatan and unethical. They lie to you by saying that this is a long term temporary job but they know that it is only for couple weeks. They won’t tell you upfront because they knew that most people would not take it. Then when you work for them even for couple weeks, you will be their prisoner the rest of your life. Because they do not want to pay even a penny for your unemployment, they will call you and offer you a minimum wage for job that you have to drive over an hour and if you do not accept, they will call the Unemployment Insurance and report you and their investigation will take over four weeks and your weekly payment is on hold. These people are shameless and knowingly by giving false information to Unemployment Insurance, not only they cause you and your family pain and suffering but also they waste the people‘s time in Unemployment Insurance. This corrupt and unethical behavior is not just an isolated incident happening in only one branch, I have dealt with two of them and both were the same. NEVER EVER WORK FOR THIS AGENCY, YOU WILL REGRET.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbsolutely do not deal with this agency; there are tens of other decent, professional, trustworthy, ethical agencies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sleazy bottom feeders, avoid at all costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are other places to work.

ConsCons? The people who run this company make me wonder if they're ex-cons. The Life Style office in Oshkosh, Wis. wanted to charge new hires $20 for a time card when they went to work at a local factory. Needles to say, i turned them down. Ethically, I rank Life Style below used car salesmen.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave you ever tried honesty and treting people decently? it works.

Good But Somewhat Inept Company

Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThis company is for the most part professional and reliable, with friendly staff and steady work available throughout the year. The pros outweigh the cons, in this case. I recommend them to anyone who is fed up with staffing agencies and temporary work in general.

ConsI was told when hired that I would receive my first paycheck on paper, but then the rest would be direct deposit. 3 paper checks later I asked about this, and they gave me a different explanation that direct deposit is only available after 120 hours. This is an inconvenience since my bank withholds my money for 24 hours after I deposit the check.
    Had to go to their partner clinic for basic health care after light injury on the job, and that just happened to be in the most inconvenient location possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie about how you pay the salary. Also, there is no reason why direct deposit can't be available from the start.
    I should have been able to go to any clinic to get the very simple health care I needed. You made me go to a clinic one hour away. Time is money.

Great staffing agency!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsStaff is thorough in reviewing job descriptions so that employees know exactly what to expect in the positions.
    LSS takes extra care to ensure that employees are placed to work in clean and safe positions.
    Application, policies, and disclaimers are clearly spelled out during the application process; as long as employees take the time to read the policies, they will know exactly what to expect when working for LSS.

ConsApplication process is lengthy, make sure you have enough time to fill out the application and conduct an interview. Not really a con, just something important to know

So-so staffing agency

Temp (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsLots of jobs available compared to other staffing agencies

ConsTend to throw the first warm body they find at a job. They don't seem to try to match skills to the job.

Low Standards for Low Pay.

Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) Waco, TX

ProsSmall office. Small staff. All computer based but poorly maintained and dirty ghetto feel.

ConsTerrible morale and motivation to succeed and compete with other area employment agencies. Just get by attitude. No forward thinking people here. Ultra low budget operation. Hiring only the lowest paid workers for dead-end jobs. No incentive to move ahead. Whatever attitude. We're too cool for school mentality. Terrible customer service. Could care less about anyone coming through the doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to work. Get in the game. Hire people with more than a mind-set of accomplishing the minimum. Biggest challenge is, what's for lunch and wonder if I can not show-up today and anyone notice. They have to be getting some kind of government subsidies to pay the utility bills.

Scam Artists

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are not pros to working for them. my advice. DONT.

ConsThey will screw you out of as much of you pay check as they can. Dont work for them. Terrible company

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to line your pockets of the people that make this country work

Not a good company to work for...

Account Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsPossibility for some travel, overall pretty casual atmosphere

ConsManagement doesn't follow through with commitments they make, poor ethical values, pay is very low for the work you do/qualifications, they will leave you in the dust if it will bring in more money, don't reward or appreciate hard workers, they will do the bare minimum it takes to get you in and keep you there as long as they NEED you...

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more, try to invest more in the well being of your team rather than just money, do more to reward the employees who do good work and who work hard

Worked for Life Style Staffing? Contribute to the Community!