Life Style Staffing

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
2.1

CEO

Put In What You Want To Get Out Of It!!!

Current Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Winfield, KS
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Winfield, KS

I have been working at Life Style Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very quick decision making!
    - Small company, but this is a plus because senior management is available for immediate assistance with any and all questions.
    - Lots of Freedom. This is a good and bad thing. Good for the company because it makes you as an employee feel empowered to drive the success of your site, bad for the employee because there is potential to NOT do your job and that negatively effects the company.
    - Fast Interview and hiring process for Account Coordinators.
    - They value hard workers.

****My advice to all the former people who complained about management not caring about you, well, you probably should have cared about your job a little more****

Cons

- Finding quality candidates in a smaller localized market can be difficult.

- Keep doing what you are doing! I like the Freedom and the ability to succeed in my role here.
    - Due to the fluctuating hours in some markets, Salary instead of hourly, could be a good way to instill a sense of value in your front-line employees.

They need to learn how to use spell check

Former Employee - Sales  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Madison, WI

I worked at Life Style Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. Kind of rude.

Cons

Unprofessional . Spelling errors on their online application.

Learn to spell, and do not be rude when someone points out your errors. Your are not perfect. When the errors were pointed out to them they were very rude. This is a company who gauges people's skills and they have spelling errors in their online application. Good Grief. Very unprofessional. Very indifferent. Much better employment agency's out there.

A lot of hours available, work is grueling with little to no room for growth.

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Life Style Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want hours and you want to get large over time pay checks and don't mind what kind of work you are doing this is the place for you. There is a lot of freedom to mess around when you're working in the office and everything is done, happens very rarely...

Cons

Upper management does not care about you at all, they may pretend like it, they may say some things that makes you think otherwise, but they don't really care. As soon as they leave the office they won't respond to your calls, texts or emails, but if you ignore them for even a minute expect to be lectured. Long hours, when I first started they literally said "we work until everything is done for the day". Usually that meant from 7am to 6 or 7pm often times until 8 or 9 as well. Monday-Friday, with Saturdays a very high possibility.

Care about your people more than money.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Coordinator

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Madison, WI

I worked at Life Style Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a workaholic, this is the place for you.

Cons

Management, very unprofessional. Bad company to work for.

Treat your employees better.

THE WORST AGENCY WHICH I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR

Former Employee - Assembler  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Assembler in Madison, WI

I worked at Life Style Staffing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

ABSOLUTLY NONE, THEY ARE UNETHICAL AND LIARS

Cons

The worst employment agency that I have ever worked for. From the recruiter till the management, they are liars, crooks, charlatan and unethical. They lie to you by saying that this is a long term temporary job but they know that it is only for couple weeks. They won’t tell you upfront because they knew that most people would not take it. Then when you work for them even for couple weeks, you will be their prisoner the rest of your life. Because they do not want to pay even a penny for your unemployment, they will call you and offer you a minimum wage for job that you have to drive over an hour and if you do not accept, they will call the Unemployment Insurance and report you and their investigation will take over four weeks and your weekly payment is on hold. These people are shameless and knowingly by giving false information to Unemployment Insurance, not only they cause you and your family pain and suffering but also they waste the people‘s time in Unemployment Insurance. This corrupt and unethical behavior is not just an isolated incident happening in only one branch, I have dealt with two of them and both were the same. NEVER EVER WORK FOR THIS AGENCY, YOU WILL REGRET.

Absolutely do not deal with this agency; there are tens of other decent, professional, trustworthy, ethical agencies.

Sleazy bottom feeders, avoid at all costs

I worked at Life Style Staffing

Pros

There are other places to work.

Cons

Cons? The people who run this company make me wonder if they're ex-cons. The Life Style office in Oshkosh, Wis. wanted to charge new hires $20 for a time card when they went to work at a local factory. Needles to say, i turned them down. Ethically, I rank Life Style below used car salesmen.

Have you ever tried honesty and treting people decently? it works.

Good But Somewhat Inept Company

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Madison, WI

I have been working at Life Style Staffing part-time

Pros

This company is for the most part professional and reliable, with friendly staff and steady work available throughout the year. The pros outweigh the cons, in this case. I recommend them to anyone who is fed up with staffing agencies and temporary work in general.

Cons

I was told when hired that I would receive my first paycheck on paper, but then the rest would be direct deposit. 3 paper checks later I asked about this, and they gave me a different explanation that direct deposit is only available after 120 hours. This is an inconvenience since my bank withholds my money for 24 hours after I deposit the check.
    Had to go to their partner clinic for basic health care after light injury on the job, and that just happened to be in the most inconvenient location possible.

Don't lie about how you pay the salary. Also, there is no reason why direct deposit can't be available from the start.
    I should have been able to go to any clinic to get the very simple health care I needed. You made me go to a clinic one hour away. Time is money.

Great staffing agency!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Life Style Staffing full-time

Pros

Staff is thorough in reviewing job descriptions so that employees know exactly what to expect in the positions.
    LSS takes extra care to ensure that employees are placed to work in clean and safe positions.
    Application, policies, and disclaimers are clearly spelled out during the application process; as long as employees take the time to read the policies, they will know exactly what to expect when working for LSS.

Cons

Application process is lengthy, make sure you have enough time to fill out the application and conduct an interview. Not really a con, just something important to know

So-so staffing agency

Former Employee - Temp  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Temp in Madison, WI

I worked at Life Style Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of jobs available compared to other staffing agencies

Cons

Tend to throw the first warm body they find at a job. They don't seem to try to match skills to the job.

Low Standards for Low Pay.

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator  in  Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Waco, TX

I worked at Life Style Staffing

Pros

Small office. Small staff. All computer based but poorly maintained and dirty ghetto feel.

Cons

Terrible morale and motivation to succeed and compete with other area employment agencies. Just get by attitude. No forward thinking people here. Ultra low budget operation. Hiring only the lowest paid workers for dead-end jobs. No incentive to move ahead. Whatever attitude. We're too cool for school mentality. Terrible customer service. Could care less about anyone coming through the doors.

Get to work. Get in the game. Hire people with more than a mind-set of accomplishing the minimum. Biggest challenge is, what's for lunch and wonder if I can not show-up today and anyone notice. They have to be getting some kind of government subsidies to pay the utility bills.

Worked for Life Style Staffing? Contribute to the Community!