Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Life Time Fitness Chairman, President, and CEO Bahram Akradi

Bahram Akradi

Pros
  • Gym membership, good for resume as a top health company, good colleagues(in 38 reviews)

• I loved having a free gym membership for myself and a deep discount for my spouse(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • You will work long hours especially if you are a Personal Trainer(in 27 reviews)

• Upper management flirts with teenage male staff, rather than managing(in 26 reviews)

Challenging but rewarding

ProsFast paced, highly demanding organization that attempts to be on the cutting edge of all things Healthy way of life.

ConsWork life suffers almost constantly
    Focus on hitting current month numbers outweighs everything else that might be of any importance

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your team members- we love what Lifetime stands for but too many are put out by the amazingly high demands of the company.

Registered Dietitian

ProsYoung Environment, Fun and Laid Back

ConsDifficult to ways to optimize pay out. Have been struggling for almost a year to find work-life balance and pay my bills while working 50+ hours/week

Advice to Senior ManagementBaseline salary so trainers/RDs/ etc. can get by and stick around

Fun interactive

ProsLove that I can work out for free get my hair done nails, massage, facials andeat all at one place pluss the tips are awsome grate commission on services and product and 40% off on all of it.

ConsNo out side marketing so buliding a client base can be difficult not alot of education and little growth in spa department start off hourly pay sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more cosmetic services like make up and lashes offer payed education and out side marketing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All about sales, sales, sales.

Personal Trainer (Current Employee) Syosset, NY

ProsPeople you work can understand your frustration with the job.

ConsManagement controls your mind. They tell you that you have to approach and talk to every single person you see. The job as a personal trainer has almost nothing to do with how good you are at training, but rather what kind of salesperson you can be. Pay structure is a major concern. You are paid on a draw pay structure and management sets outrageous sales goals for each trainer. Under the draw pay plan, you can potentially owe the company money even after working 40+ hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using draw pay. It's the reason why I will be resigning. Upper management gets huge salaries and the trainers who are in the trenches working long hours on their feet all day deserve more financial security.

No work Life Balance

ProsPay as a Manager is very good. Great People! Free family membership.

Consno work life balance for someone with a family. very quota driven which makes you take the eye off the goal of making people healthy. you sell bad memberships that you know will attrit out just to get your goal.

Operations Team Member

Operations Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsFree membership, community atmosphere among employees.

ConsCompensation. They pay isn't that great for all we do, its a pretty physical and dirty job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation would definitely encourage a harder working team.

great company overland park ks location not a ambassador for the company.

Personal Trainer (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

Proslots of opportunity for you to advance and make money

Consnot fare rotation for trainers.

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair....

Horrible company to work for unless you are greedy.

Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsFree membership and discounted services.

ConsUpper management pretends to care and they do no at all. The company itself drives meaningless projects to try to earn the next dime for the CEO and his team. Horrible work-life balance for those people in the clubs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy and actually care about people.

Hard work, but lots of fun.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe free membership was the best part of compensation, I didn't take advantage of the benefits package i heard they were not that good.

ConsThe pay scale is horrible, although there is room to advance it monetarily is not worth much.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more,.

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosget to work with people

Consclients with bad attitude you have to deal with

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!