Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com
Employer Engaged

nice place for college students

Former Employee - Facility Operations in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Facility Operations in Troy, MI

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

free membership
    fun to work at
    relaxed environment

Cons

for college students only unless you are in sales or management.

pay more.

Good learning experience

Former Employee - Group Fitness Department Head
    Former Employee - Group Fitness Department Head

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

The company encourages a healthy way of life, offers many educational tools to team members and members. As an employee (depending on your department), lots of training is offered that sets you up for success in your position and possibly future professional endeavors.

Cons

Company branding policies left very little room for individual creativity, sales expectations always raised upon hitting goal and therefore never satisfied. Very little work/life balance... taking time off puts you at risk of not achieving goals or objectives.

If you can handle the high pressure and expectations you'll make good money. But you won't have a life.

Current Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Romeoville, IL
    Current Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Romeoville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Great people, Lifetime is like a family. Opportunity for growth is there if you work hard. Very successful and innovative company to work for. Commission based so earning potential is virtually unlimited.

Cons

Very high pressure to meet goals and numbers, they claim to want you to have a work/life balance but in order to really be successful there you need to be a slave to the job. Constant change in management and very high turnover with the sales team and PT staff.

Seek to understand your employees instead of forcing your view down their throat. A lot of people have good ideas and just because you have the title doesn't mean you know everything.

Membership Services Rep

Former Employee - Member Services Team Member in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Member Services Team Member in Austin, TX

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Prestigious organization, incredible company growth, employee membership, excellent customers, great company value, laid back atmosphere, flexible schedule.

Cons

Standing for the full shift, low pay (unless you're in sales), limited employee growth available, inability to transfer branches before 12 months of employment. Inability for position transfer or raise prior to 12 months.

Please change your branch and position transfer policies. You lose a lot of employees this way. I received my NASM PT Certification one month after my employment began and I was forced to quit because I was told I could not transfer positions for one full year.

I have to check a star to place a review, however the company does not deserve a single star. The job is a joke.

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Westminster, CO

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none, good luck.

Cons

$10 per hour. You dont get moved to commission for months. They lie lie lie and con. You have to sell their below average pricy products and sell sessions to get moved to commission. Be aware you are an "employee" however you are charged a service fee for each session to "cover the cost of products used". Last time I checked an "employee" status according to the IRS is one who is provided with supplies. Take a look for yourself employee vs independent contractor status. If a client comes in with a discount card, that % discount comes out of YOUR pay not their net. The company runs these every week so expect to get squeezed out of the pay you were promised from the get go. Also expected the hire on process to take 3 months. In this time 3-4 different managers will instruct you to do it 3-4 different ways all saying the other is wrong. Expect to run around like a chicken with its head cut off, get frustrated and irritated. Expect to have 3-4 managers, expect one to leave in the hiring process, expect the rest to not agree on anything. Expect to be forcibly "volunteered" to work on your day off, if you dont you are not a team player and expect to get fired. Expect to cross out any new year's day plans or new year's eve plans as you manager is going to text you new years eve at 10pm to inform you of your 4 day volunteering begining new years day for their yearly event. Expect to be presured to puchase a $475 dollar training package during hire on, be aware you dont have to. You can if you chooses to when you choose to. You are trained from the moment you meet a client to sell sell sell if you dont you are not performing well. Bottom line, you are trained to see every client as a dollar sign first. As a therapist that should be enough not to mention the rest. Far warning investigate your employer before you settle on unfair unethical practices. There is plenty more but I believe I am sick to my stomach remembering my experience and would like to not.

Maybe learn management skills first.

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Very fun place to work. Co workers were very helpful.

Cons

Very demanding. At times annoying

Great company.

Current Employee - Corporate in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time

Pros

Excellent work environment and compensation. Great people and fulfilling work.

Cons

A bit outside the metro.

Excellent

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Healthy Life Focus for customers and employees

Cons

To many meetings icluding pree meeting meetings ans post meeting meetings

Great healthy way of life company with terrific vision.

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Support for healthy lifestyle and strong culture

Cons

Management not great with development of personnel.

Communicate openly and work harder to develop people.

Unprofessional

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

- Friendly co-workers
     - Limited time scheduling, large amounts of flexibility

Cons

- Unprofessional upper level employees
     - Lack of control