Life Time Fitness Reviews

1. Good people, great perks

Current Employee - Child Center Team Member
    Current Employee - Child Center Team Member

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Free membership to gym and gym amenities, flexible with schedules, community atmosphere for coworkers

Cons

Pay does not correlate amount of effort required for childcare

2. High turnover devalued employees

Former Employee - Operations Team in Collierville, TN
    Former Employee - Operations Team in Collierville, TN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free membership to gym which has quality equipment/nice amenities. Flexible hours at times.

Cons

Devalued workers and a lot of turn over because of a lot of high school drama, lack of transparency and unfairness with pay and raises.

3. Great health work balance, could work on organization.

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

workout time in daily schedule
    nice people
    keeps you busy

Cons

not as organized as could be

5. Life Time is a Good Company, within reason

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Busy club with lots of turnover providing excellent opportunities to get client[s]. If you hustle!!!!

Cons

Long hours, and it does take time to build yourself up. But keep at it and you will succeed.

Non at this time

6. I have to check a star to place a review, however the company does not deserve a single star. The job is a joke.

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Westminster, CO

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none, good luck.

Cons

$10 per hour. You dont get moved to commission for months. They lie lie lie and con. You have to sell their below average pricy products and sell sessions to get moved to commission. Be aware you are an "employee" however you are charged a service fee for each session to "cover the cost of products used". Last time I checked an "employee" status according to the IRS is one who is provided with supplies. Take a look for yourself employee vs independent contractor status. If a client comes in with a discount card, that % discount comes out of YOUR pay not their net. The company runs these every week so expect to get squeezed out of the pay you were promised from the get go. Also expected the hire on process to take 3 months. In this time 3-4 different managers will instruct you to do it 3-4 different ways all saying the other is wrong. Expect to run around like a chicken with its head cut off, get frustrated and irritated. Expect to have 3-4 managers, expect one to leave in the hiring process, expect the rest to not agree on anything. Expect to be forcibly "volunteered" to work on your day off, if you dont you are not a team player and expect to get fired. Expect to cross out any new year's day plans or new year's eve plans as you manager is going to text you new years eve at 10pm to inform you of your 4 day volunteering begining new years day for their yearly event. Expect to be presured to puchase a $475 dollar training package during hire on, be aware you dont have to. You can if you chooses to when you choose to. You are trained from the moment you meet a client to sell sell sell if you dont you are not performing well. Bottom line, you are trained to see every client as a dollar sign first. As a therapist that should be enough not to mention the rest. Far warning investigate your employer before you settle on unfair unethical practices. There is plenty more but I believe I am sick to my stomach remembering my experience and would like to not.

Maybe learn management skills first.

7. Well rounded place to work

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

There are a lot of possibilities and abilities to advance within this company. A great feel within the club and wonderful team members to work with.

Cons

Many inconsistencies with training and policies. Much of this and other challenges do come along with being such a large company.

8. Unrealistic expectations of employees

Current Employee - Facility Operations
    Current Employee - Facility Operations

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Free gym membership, working with people, learning what it entails to be a janitor.

Cons

Pay, work/life balance, uneducated co workers, not where you want to work for the rest of your life, let alone more than a year.

If you want to hire the best employees that fit your mission and vision mold (like the way you have people memorize the mission and vision), make sure they aren't bluffing. The co workers I work with do not do a good job at all. This is because for every great employee the department head hires, there are 5 employees that do not even do the bare minimum. Pay us according to our workload, which is by far the biggest out of all the departments.

9. Sales

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

It was fun and interactive

Cons

It was a lot of work

Motivation

10. Lifetime Management

Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Skokie, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great. Working in a facility that is always clean. Good benefits. Time off is usually easy to come by

Cons

Management could care less about employees that are not in their department. There is no cohesion between different departments

Corporate environment to a fault.

Current Employee - Member Services in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Member Services in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Free memberships, decent discounts, some teammates were very positive and great to work with.

Cons

Overly corporate environment, which was unnecessarily cold. Manager did not like to teach, was poor at teaching, and incredibly harsh when team members made a mistake to the point of being shocking. Also, Life Time University was ridiculous and an utter waste of time.

The scheduling was bi-polar at best. Nothing was reliable.

Learn to educate and teach, not degrade and talk down to your employees. Learn to lead by example. SMILE, and don't talk about your employees behind their backs. We all find out about it.