LifeCare Hospitals

Updated October 10, 2014
Updated October 10, 2014
2.2

CEO

I would be proud to recommend LifeCare to anyone because it is a great organization!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

They care about your thoughts and feelings. They promote growth in the company. They provide excellent patient care. I would bring my family here for treatment. You receive support from Corporate down and you are not just a number.

Cons

I would like to see the company continue to grow and become number one in the nation.

Keep rewarding the employees and holding people accountable and promoting team work because we know it works.

cook

Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

food was well priced for all

Cons

management was not helpful or supportive

A stable work environment with some reasonable perks

Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked in the medical coding department. There was a good work-life balance. The coding lead/managers were always helpful and supportive. The people I worked with in my department and at the corporate office were all great. When I worked there, there was excellent time off/vacation. I was able to work 8 hours a day everyday, and when my time was up, I was done for the day.

Cons

The health insurance progressively got worse. There was pressure from upper management in regards to medical coding that felt like it could become noncompliant over time. As a medical coder, the field wasn't well trained on clinical documentation needs, which could be problematic when need to get information clarified.

An improved clinical documentation program would make a world of difference on revenue and compliance.

ok for a start

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals (less than an year)

Pros

small , some flexibility, no one to bother you if you like to work alone

Cons

too much work , not enough man power, everything falls on you head , leaders dont care, jst want the jobs done

visit and treat each department equally

learning experience

Former Employee - Health Care Provider in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Health Care Provider in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

teamwork educational,teaching hospital,comfort care,compassion always a challeng,pts contions constantly changing and knowing what to do.

Cons

doctors at times didn't want to listen to me they had a god complex,lazy nurses,nurses that did not know what they were doing.

it is not all about sticking to a budget it's call caring for the pt.

Good place to start your career

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lifecare is a great place if you are starting your career. Work/life balance is a huge plus.

Cons

The company does not care about keeping their good employees and getting rid of the bad. Management does not listen to their employees, morale is low, pay is not competitive.

Listen to your employees and reward your good ones. They actually have a lot of inside knowledge of what is really going on in the company. The company has lost a lot of good employees because they were too cheap to pay them what they are worth.

my " rose colored glasses" fell off !

Current Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

~for the most part, excellent coworkers.
    ~great doctors, nutritionist, administration, case management, nice building.

Cons

~bullying towards employees by loudmouth employees.
    ~direct/indirect harassment from management.....this is unexceptable.
    ~ tolerance for those employees who constantly decide not to show up to work.
    ~as of late,EMPLOYEE/PATIENT SAFETY..lousy working equipment/ adjusting the nursing to patient ratio for PROPER correct care.
    ~not backing up your employees.
    ~correcting or repremanding employees in public....REMEMBER ...you were there once.
    ~backlash/or just plain lying when coming to some mamnagement with problems and/or questions

~to the ceo...this is a great hospital, please take care of/keep in touch with your staff who have direct care with your patients. we need to be physically,mentally and spiritually healthy to better serve our patients....thank you....remember the mission statement....and i think it will get and stay a fantastic place to work and be if your the patient.

Great co-workers, lousy management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Staff and immediate supervisors are great to work with. I met some really wonderful people in the time I worked there. There were also some great educational opportunities.

Cons

The people in upper management had a lot of turnover in time that I worked there. 3 CEO's, 3 DON's, 3 HR managers in less than 2 years. There is a culture of employees blaming each other and stabbing one another in the back. Gossiping is widespread; it is a very toxic work environment if you are not in with the popular crowd. I have never worked in such a place that felt like I was back in high school.

Address conflicts and gossiping. Having a policy of "Zero tolerance" means nothing if you allow slander and back stabbing on a daily basis. Listen to the staff. Recognize that staff needs support in order to do the best job.

They are running us into the ground.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

None. If I could have given zero stars, I would have.

Cons

They bought us from a company that was great to work for. They said they would show us "how a hospital is run." First, they declared bankruptcy, and now they are cutting back so much that full-time people are only getting about 25 hours a week. At this rate, I'll be out of PTO time soon. They still expect all the work to get done, but in much less time, with fewer people. Morale is terrible. They took a great hospital and they ruined it.

I have been told that a casual employee has to stay on the schedule in place of me, even though I am full-time and my hours have been cut back severely. I was told that we have to keep the casuals happy, or we won't have them when we need them. That implies that casuals are more important to you than full-time people. Why is that? Is it because you don't have to pay for their benefits or give them raises? Do you really think people aren't going to figure this out? If you want casuals so bad, be careful what you wish for, because you will end up with only casuals and part-timers when all your full-time employees get disgusted and leave.

CEO WORTHLESS AND HAS SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH MINDLESS FOLLOWERS

Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Humm, give me a minute

Cons

Management from the Local CEO Down completely cliqueish, undereducated and undertrained. In short a complete clusterfunk. The CEO shows up less than 50% of the time, blows hot air, his management team, with only a notable exception or two, is made up of third stringers that couldn't get hired anywhere else. Corporate tolerates and condones this.

Fire yourselves