LifeChurch.tv

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
4.8

Craig Groeschel

Pros
  • tv has an incredible passion for developing people to become better (in 7 reviews)

• Team and personal development are both very important at LifeChurch (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It's also a high feedback culture (in 7 reviews)

• It's a fast-paced work environment, which is exciting but can also lead you to feeling swamped (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

LifeChurch.tv provides an incredible environment to learn, grow, and develop as an individual and in your specific role.

Current Employee - Finance in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Finance in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture and environment. There is always an opportunity to receive feedback, to learn, and to grow and to be who God has called you to be. I love the fact that we build relationships with each other and with our volunteer teams. I also enjoy the fact that I get to use my God given strengthens and talents to serve the organization and further the kingdom.

Cons

There is always something to do, always something to improve, always someone to reach out to; ministry is 24/7, and you must find the balance between work, family, and personal time with God.

LifeChurch.tv is the best place I could ever imagine working!

Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Owasso, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are constantly encouraged to develop your leadership, skills, and strengths. Every person on your team cares about your development and your health as a person and an employee. We have an amazing 401K plan, constant room for growth and chances to be promoted. If you are skilled and effective you will be used to your capacity, and then you'll learn to grow that capacity and they'll use that too. And you never feel like they are abusing you because you know what you're doing is having such a large impact on people's lives that you are excited and happy to pour everything you have into your work.

Cons

The schedule can be hard for families. If you are at a campus, you work every weekend. You have to be very intentional about what you are spending your time off doing, especially if you have a family. But it allows you to see what is important in life!

You guys are doing awesome! Thank you for caring about us as people and not just employees. Your decision to increase the 401k contributions astounded me. I just need to hang in there for a little while to receive the benefits :) 9.5 years left to go :)

Getting Paid to do What You Love & Make a Difference!

Current Employee - Campus Team in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Campus Team in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time

Pros

Working at LifeChurch.tv is a dream come true! I am so blessed to get paid to serve God and others each day. Our core values are Biblically driven, my team is just like family and there is nothing I would rather be doing than working for my church. LifeChurch.tv offers wonderful benefits for individuals and families, and also supports continued education and development. The culture is flexible and fun, but also focused on excellence.

Cons

Working at LifeChurch.tv, as with any ministry career, is tough on family and other long-term relationships. It is much more than a 40/hour work week, but when this is your life calling, it's worth it!

Working at LifeChurch has been the best experience of my life.

Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros to this job. My co-workers are truly another family to me. For the first time in my life, I love coming to work each and every day. I miss this place when I'm not here. The leadership is phenomenal throughout the line. Everyone encourages and provides feedback for constant growth. Self discovery and personal growth are key to this job and LifeChurch makes it so easy to better myself as a person, employee, Christian, friend, and mom.

Cons

This is something different from anything I have ever done before. It took a lot of learning and patience. The tough days are tough, but the good days out weigh that for sure. It is definitely a sink or swim culture, so you have to push yourself harder than ever before.

The management structure is amazing. It encourages growth both personally and professionally. Management also does a great job of honoring the work/life balance and making sure our minds, bodies, and spirits are well taken care of.

This organization is incredible and what they are doing is impacting so many people around the world.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv

Pros

The culture is incredible, the opportunity for personal growth is pretty amazing and the staff are really genuine.

Cons

If you're not used to feedback, or personal growth this place could be really challenging.

I wouldn't want to do anything else anywhere else!

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The vision and values of LifeChurch.tv are so clear, it makes working here a pleasure. People follow clarity. So from an organizational standpoint, all staff members are very aware of how and why we make decisions.
    From a vision standpoint, the goal is leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. I believe that everyone on our team sees that as the most important calling in the world. Because what we do is so important we gladly give up something we love for something we love even more. We are irrationally generous. We have fun at work because there's nothing better than serving God with people you love. We value storytelling. So we constantly see the evidence of what God is doing and how people's lives are changed. We tell stories of life change all the time. So every single staff member sees that their contribution is important and valued.
    From a development standpoint, we believe that everyone is responsible to own their own growth. And there is literally not a day that goes by that we don't learn about a new learning or development opportunity. If someone isn't growing personally and professionally at LifeChurch.tv, its because they have made a personal choice to not take advantage of the multitude of opportunities.

Cons

We really believe that what THE church does (leading people to Jesus) is the most important thing in the world, so some people are challenged by the high demands of working here.

The most fulfilling, exciting, positive, friendly, innovative, atmosphere in a job setting I've ever been.

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment is extremely supportive and positive at LifeChurch. They want to help you develop to be the best person God has created you to be. Everyone is so friendly and there is a huge emphasis on relationship building.

Cons

Working for God is going to make Satan want to attack even more.

What I'm made to do!

Current Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv

Pros

There's no greater blessing than getting to do what God created me to do as a career! Great hours, tons of development opportunities, great culture!-

Cons

Lower pay than most jobs but I would do it for zero pay!

Certainly not for me and lots of others

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed what I did at the time. Work

Cons

The likelihood of you advancing is not very there.
    Compensation is horrible. Very hard to support a family on the offered salary and felt like salary raises were contingent on a very hard annual review. Honestly, there were months that it was hard to make ends meet. Spouse most assuredly needs to work.
    They preach about everyone being a family and being part of a ministry, but at the same time, it is also very much a business to them. Management will certainly bring up the business aspect anytime they feel you are doing something wrong and will use that in your reviews. But it's all for the ministry! See how confusing this is?

Compensation needs a serious look.
    "Family" values should not be seriously pushed unless you are willing to make that actually happen.

Generally positive experience with heaps of frustration.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at LifeChurch.tv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cool offices and environment, a great Senior pastor, positive and encouraging overall vision.

Cons

Lifechurch is built on top of young adults willing and able to make life, time and compensation sacrifices. If you have a family, kids in school, commitments outside of work, good luck having enough time and making enough pay to generally support your family.

You'll be asked to sacrifice a healthy amount of your time for the greater good, which again doesn't work well in the context of families (but is capable for young employees with little commitments).

You'll be paid 40-60% of your market rate salary. Don't expect to ever make what you're actually worth in the regular job market.

Personal development is minimal to non existent despite it being touted as a benefit of joining the team. My team leaders did not encourage professional nor personal development.

I came away with the general feeling that leadership was too heavily focused on the mission and very little thought was given to the people making the mission happen. 1. In the 2 years I worked there, I never once had a personal lunch with my leaders. 2. My Head Team leader did not know the date of my last workday, despite a 2 full weeks notice and it being a substantial departure. This can only lead me to believe that the people making the mission happen are not valued in comparison to the mission itself. We are merely resources that come and go and the turnover is there to prove it.

Personal and professional development is massively important if Lifechurch is going to require significant amounts of time commitment and underpay it's team.

Leadership should balance its focus better between the mission and its people. We're treated as resources, which feels very unprofessional and disrespectful for a church organization. Leaders should invest 50% in their direct mission and 50% in the people they lead. The ratio for my leaders was 95% mission and 5% people. That has to change or you will continue to lose valuable people who are passionate about your mission but aren't being taken care of.