LifeChurch.tv

www.lifechurch.tv

LifeChurch.tv Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Craig Groeschel

Pros
  • tv has an incredible passion for developing people to become better(in 7 reviews)

• Team and personal development are both very important at LifeChurch(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It's also a high feedback culture(in 7 reviews)

• It's a fast-paced work environment, which is exciting but can also lead you to feeling swamped(in 8 reviews)

Great place to work, but very challenging

ProsCulture is amazing! Casual attire is great.

ConsPay is not what you would make in the corporate world but the expectations are higher than the corporate world.

Great people_Young leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsPeople are great to work and love the environment. Very talented people with a passion for the mission of leading people to be fully devoted followers of Christ.

ConsVery young staff and leadership which creates some lack of organization and departmental direction. Lots of turnover which makes it difficult to build synergy. Feedback is a core value but needs more balance especially on the blind spots we all have.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend a more balanced approach to the hiring process too much youth can be as detrimental to an organization as the reverse. We miss a big opportunity to learn from the more seasoned employee when we pass over them in the interview process.

Development matters

ProsMy development matters. I matter as a person. The people I work with and the relationships I've made are for life. Even if I don't work here in 10 years, I would still be friends with these people.

ConsFeeling left out because I work remote from the Central Offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to be recognized by the DLT if they saw me out in public. I don't think they even know who I am.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The ability to fulfill my calling while gaining self awareness to deepen my understanding of who I am in Christ.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsI appreciate the quick pace with which LC moves. As leaders we are allowed to be innovative and allowed to take business risks that further the ministry. The personal growth that is initiated when you fully embrace the culture is phenominal.

ConsThe role of women within LC has been minimalized. As long as you focus on who you are in Christ this will not affect you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't limit advancement based on gender. For our ministry to be culturally relevant we have to have women in significant leadership roles.

Uplifting, challenging work environment. Solid, intentional leadership. Great benefits and opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsLifeChurch.tv is an incredible place to work. We're lead by great people with a strong and passionate vision to reach the world for Christ. We're constantly urged and provided opportunities to grow in our careers, as well as to grow in our spiritual walks and our relationships with our families. You don't work here because you want to make a lot of money, but the pay is still competitive and the benefits are excellent. Working here is fast-paced and oftentimes challenging, but the pursuit of excellence in all we do for God's Kingdom is worth every stressful situation. Working hard all week and then knowing that in some little way I had a part to play in someone's life being changed on the weekend is more gratifying than I can express.

ConsCommunication between different areas can sometimes be unclear, and there could be a much better understanding of how every branch (Creative Media, YouVersion, Church Online, Finance, NextGen, etc.) works and depends on each other. There are processes in place to create a smooth work flow, but occasionally those are gone around, which can create unnecessary pressure for some employees. We've been blessed by great growth as a team, but that means that popping into someone's office to request a project that is needed in less than a week is getting more and more difficult to execute. Sticking to the great processes we have in place could really help this.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloping training that would help every division really learn the processes/needs/concerns of every other division would be awesome. Having a look at making salaries slightly more competitive would also be a good thing.

Amazing place for full-time ministry, but of course even working for a church can have it's downsides

Prosbeing a part of an amazing ministry and seeing the real-life impact of your work, really strong culture, great people to work with, very development focused, well resourced, on the cutting edge of using technology in the church, flexible schedule, generous benefits and fun events/perks

Conslack of diversity in senior leadership and at the campus level, teams are often understaffed - and so work/life balance can be an issue if you're not careful, you won't be paid your market rate here even though this is a very well resourced church.

Advice to Senior Managementmore diversity (gender and racial) when selecting new campus pastors to groom

LifeChurch.tv has the most challenging yet most rewarding and flexible work environment I have experienced.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsThe best thing about working at LifeChurch.tv is that I really feel like I am helping to make a difference in people's lives. The corporate values are posted everywhere - and it's not just something that leadership can toot their horn about - everyone lives those values. I also love the fact that every staff person is extremely motivated and hard-working. I've worked in places where people are allowed to goof off a lot and never get me what I need when I need it. Not here. People work and work hard. At the same time, managers are flexible and understand that family comes first. If I need to take off for sick kids, or if I'm sick, there are lots of options available to me. I can choose to work from home (my computer is set up to do that from DAY 1!). I can use my leave. I can adjust my hours to make up the time. Or any combination thereof.

ConsLifeChurch.tv tends to wait to hire additional people until one person is carrying the load of at least 2 full-time people. If you don't have a good rapport with your manager, or if you are afraid that if you communicate your stress to your manager he/she will think you can't handle the job, you can easily get discouraged and overwhelmed. We use the Meyer's Briggs personality test, and if you have a manager that is a hard "TJ", it's very difficult for "FP" types to feel like they are cared about or heard.

Another con for the area where I work is a lack of training or education of the processes to the entire organization. Many of the online training courses are out-of-date, but no one has time to update them. It takes a back seat to immediate pressures.We need one place to go for current policies - all policies - not just the ones for a particular area. And they need to be kept current as practices change. It can just be very confusing for those trying to adhere to them. Also, new hires have it rough. Desk supplies are available, but not readily provided. They are handed a laptop (which is cool!) but then basically left to search for the basic necessities like pen, paper, staplers and sticky notes. And there is no training for even how to use the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentral teams are focused on their one department and set up processes in a vacuum. It seems like we need a team or person to coordinate efforts across all central teams. Each central team has a different way for the campuses to interact with their team rather than one way for all central teams. It's got to be very confusing and time-consuming for the campuses to get things done.

I couldn't imagine a better place to work!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsFirst of all, there's no greater mission you could work for. Secondly, my co workers are amazing and genuine friends - they truly care about me, my growth & my well being. Its a really fun environment

ConsYou have to be willing to give up things you love for things you love even more, like a fat salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on making yourselves more visible and show more interest in your staff at any level.

I have worked for LifeChurch for numerous years and I love it. I really don't want to go anywhere else.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI love the atmosphere and the core values that you can see and feel when you're here. Plus all the personal development that takes place. I have grown so much personally and professionally since I have been on the team.

ConsThe only con I have is the low starting pay, however I will give up making more money for the opportunity of getting to work here.

I love working for LifeChurch.tv!

Content Partnerships Coordinator (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsLifechurch.tv has an excellent mission and is committed to consistently driving all momentum to achieve that mission. It's an honor to serve on this team, and I'm proud of the work we get to do.

ConsAnything valuable takes sacrifice. There have been lots of sacrifices I've made in order to stay committed to the organization, and sometimes at the expense of my family who lives far away.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for creating an environment that allows for us to grow and mature. I've been a part of the organization for over 6 years, and still can't believe I get to do what I do. Leadership cares deeply for the staff, and for accomplishing great things.

With any large organization comes areas for growth. I think lots of teams are successfully working well together and accomplishing great things, but every team can benefit be learning how to work well collectively. There ought to be more support for team development, which could improve morale, communication, and reinforce our values.

Worked for LifeChurch.tv? Contribute to the Community!