LifeChurch.tv Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.8
Craig Groeschel

Pros
  • tv has an incredible passion for developing people to become better (in 7 reviews)

• Plus all the personal development that takes place (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It's also a very high feedback culture, which is a big plus, but it can be difficult for new employees who are not yet accustomed to it (in 7 reviews)

• These are only cons if you are not a fit for our fast-paced Jesus-first environment (in 8 reviews)

1. Campus Admin

Pros

Getting a chance to impact someone's life daily. Nothing better!

Cons

None! I love this place!

2. Can't imagine a better work culture.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Edmond, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their dedication to professional and personal development is unlike anything I've seen before.

Cons

Salary doesn't quite compete with the corporate world (but comparable for most non-profits). Benefits are pretty good, so that helps a little.

3. Working at the Central Offices

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv (Less than a year)

Pros

Loose, open environment that offers flexibility while keeping high expectations on you work. This high feedback environment provides ample opportunity to be more self-aware and allows for further development of your current skills and development of new skills. Working at the Central offices provides more of a for-profit organizational structure, but still offers that support that your would expect from a church. Working here allows me to use my skills and professional back ground while assisting in furthering the Kingdom of God.

Cons

Leadership talks about raising up young leaders, while this is true at the campuses, it is not as true at Central. This may be caused by long working tenures of those in leadership positions. If coming from the professional, for-profit world, be willing to take a pay cut, after all, this is still a Church.

Advice to Management

Show more of a willingness to promote younger leaders within the Central offices. Leadership offers great vision and support to all staff.

5. Best church staff I have served with in my career!

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time

Pros

Very high bar organization. Strong leadership and development culture. Clear vision and mission. Not your typical church...not your typical church staff.

Cons

Starting salary is on the low side compared against similar positions at larger churches.

6. Childcare

Former Employee - Childcare
    Former Employee - Childcare

Pros

Flexible Schedule and great staff

Cons

Not a ton of hours

7. LifeChurch.tv is the best place I could ever imagine working!

Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Owasso, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are constantly encouraged to develop your leadership, skills, and strengths. Every person on your team cares about your development and your health as a person and an employee. We have an amazing 401K plan, constant room for growth and chances to be promoted. If you are skilled and effective you will be used to your capacity, and then you'll learn to grow that capacity and they'll use that too. And you never feel like they are abusing you because you know what you're doing is having such a large impact on people's lives that you are excited and happy to pour everything you have into your work.

Cons

The schedule can be hard for families. If you are at a campus, you work every weekend. You have to be very intentional about what you are spending your time off doing, especially if you have a family. But it allows you to see what is important in life!

Advice to Management

You guys are doing awesome! Thank you for caring about us as people and not just employees. Your decision to increase the 401k contributions astounded me. I just need to hang in there for a little while to receive the benefits :) 9.5 years left to go :)

8. LifeChurch.tv provides an incredible environment to learn, grow, and develop as an individual and in your specific role.

Current Employee - Finance in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Finance in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture and environment. There is always an opportunity to receive feedback, to learn, and to grow and to be who God has called you to be. I love the fact that we build relationships with each other and with our volunteer teams. I also enjoy the fact that I get to use my God given strengthens and talents to serve the organization and further the kingdom.

Cons

There is always something to do, always something to improve, always someone to reach out to; ministry is 24/7, and you must find the balance between work, family, and personal time with God.

9. Working at LifeChurch has been the best experience of my life.

Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Campus Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros to this job. My co-workers are truly another family to me. For the first time in my life, I love coming to work each and every day. I miss this place when I'm not here. The leadership is phenomenal throughout the line. Everyone encourages and provides feedback for constant growth. Self discovery and personal growth are key to this job and LifeChurch makes it so easy to better myself as a person, employee, Christian, friend, and mom.

Cons

This is something different from anything I have ever done before. It took a lot of learning and patience. The tough days are tough, but the good days out weigh that for sure. It is definitely a sink or swim culture, so you have to push yourself harder than ever before.

Advice to Management

The management structure is amazing. It encourages growth both personally and professionally. Management also does a great job of honoring the work/life balance and making sure our minds, bodies, and spirits are well taken care of.

10. This organization is incredible and what they are doing is impacting so many people around the world.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Pros

The culture is incredible, the opportunity for personal growth is pretty amazing and the staff are really genuine.

Cons

If you're not used to feedback, or personal growth this place could be really challenging.

11. I wouldn't want to do anything else anywhere else!

I have been working at LifeChurch.tv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The vision and values of LifeChurch.tv are so clear, it makes working here a pleasure. People follow clarity. So from an organizational standpoint, all staff members are very aware of how and why we make decisions. From a vision standpoint, the goal is leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. I believe that everyone on our team sees that as the most important calling in the world. Because what we do is so important we gladly give up something we love for something we love even more. We are irrationally generous. We have fun at work because there's nothing better than serving God with people you love. We value storytelling. So we constantly see the evidence of what God is doing and how people's lives are changed. We tell stories of life change all the time. So every single staff member sees that their contribution is important and valued. From a development standpoint, we believe that everyone is responsible to own their own growth. And there is literally not a day that goes by that we don't learn about a new learning or development opportunity. If someone isn't growing personally and professionally at LifeChurch.tv, its because they have made a personal choice to not take advantage of the multitude of opportunities.

Cons

We really believe that what THE church does (leading people to Jesus) is the most important thing in the world, so some people are challenged by the high demands of working here.

RSS Feed </> Embed