LifeLock

LifeLock Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2014
LifeLock – “join”

Todd Davis

People and customer service was always first in our minds.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI loved being able to help out our members. The fact that the motto was "Do what you should, not just what you can" was lived out every day. We were like a family.

ConsThere was some stress related to systems and priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communications, both up the ladder and down the ladder. Listen more to the front line employees as they are the ones the not only know what the member wants and needs, but also can tell you what is not working and what is working.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good

Member Services Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than a year

ProsLifelock is good company to woork for.

Consholidays are the only con, as you have to request time off for the day or just work

Advice to Senior ManagementNONE

Don't make the same mistake I did.

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benefits, co-workers are cool,

ConsI worked at lifelock for 3.5 years and it was the biggest waste of my life. It was almost like working for a cult. In fact it was a very well known fact that if you did not drink the kool-aid there was not a chance for you to be promoted, get raises, or even be looked at as a good worker. They are lucky that they caught me at a very low point in the economy cause I would have never stayed working here for as long as I did if that was not the case.

The reason why I took the job in the first place was due to the benefits and stock that were being offered made it seem as if it was worth while. I will never forget when they began to take them away. They sent us out an email saying which one of these benefits do you not like the most. I thought to my self well I like all of those things that were offered to me when I was hired on here. After 2 years later we wound up only getting about a 1/4 of the original package that was offered to us and the pay scale never increased. Also with the stock options that they offered to us. Please take a word of advise and don't invest in this company. After 3.5 years of service they expired my options so that I was not able to make use of them. I would call that stealing. But corporate America does not seem to think so. All in all they took over 7000 dollars from me that were promised to me because I was helping the company get off their feet. Well so much for them helping back or even warning us that they were going to take the money back and line their own pockets with it.

I wanted to actually thank the Manager that talked me into leaving the company it was one of the biggest favors I have ever had done for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your entire Information technology team and start fresh again. After 3.5 years of systems crashing once a day I would think that the IT department does not know what they are doing.

Why don't you recognize all of my contributions?

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent starting wage at first

ConsToo many changes!!!! Does not recognize good employees for their contributions

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes

I would advise looking elsewhere

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSelling a service that helps people. Learning about the field of identity theft and how to combat the problem.

ConsCons... Well, where should I begin...Extreme nepotism, no room for advancement, employee moral, work environment, benefits, work-life balance and upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to how the company operated in 2008,2009 and 2010. Bring back "do what you should, not what you can" mentality (old employees will know what this means).

Great company to work for!

Member Services Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than a year

ProsIt opportunities to grow within the company, this company really cares about their employees happiness and strive to accommodate the agents.

ConsHigh call volumes at times and since it's open 24/7 holidays you have to either schedule time off or work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Management a Bust

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits and pay for what you do

ConsZero advancement unless you are an extreme kiss up. Zero talent management that pays little to no attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over

No work/life balance, inconsistency and cliques

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits and pay, but you're gonna earn it!

ConsNo work/life balance - expected to be plugged in 24/7 - on PTO, evenings, weekends, etc. Cliques abound from executive leadership down throughout the company. Infrastructure department is consistently unstable, and one area that salaries are paid under market, which is insane since it's the heart of the company! Human Resources operates in "do as I say, not as I do" mode.

Performance reviews are completely subjective, not based on quantifiable measurements. Bonuses are given however they fail to let you know when you're hired that each department gets a total amount of dollars for bonuses to pool and it is not really based on individual performance. The cool kids get higher than average bonuses, which means the dollars have to be made up by the others receiving lower bonuses - again, all speculative and not based on actual effort or results. Culture and values are used to hold against employees rather than to enhance and improve the environment.

The troops are told that headquarters will remain in Tempe. However there has been an undeniable trend towards positions being eliminated in Tempe and moved to San Francisco (with no option given to those whose jobs are moved to relocate, and they are let go – some of which have been with the company for many years, others less than a year - could yours be next?). Is it just a coincidence that the President and much of her executive leadership team is from the Bay area?

Be sure to read ““Do NOT Work Here!” dated Oct 26, 2013

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your Infrastructure team competitve salaries. Hire a more ethical HR management team.

Do NOT Work Here!

Actual Active Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPaychecks do not bounce, free coffee, clean workplace, pretty building, time off, various schedules, only high school education needed for most positions

ConsLifeLock is 'Right Sizing' now. This means that they are letting people go left and right under the table so they do not have to deal with the attention of layoffs. LifeLock is having a difficult time bringing in revenue. LifeLock is in financial trouble! They recently have brought in MANY top level positions while releasing have of the call center staff. As of this posting LifeLock is getting ready to let more Member Service Agents go for 'things' the company would never had made a big deal about before. The purpose of this is to hire 51 new employees at lower wage. While doing this they are keeping managers with teams as low of two people! How is this justifiable?

Please be aware that LifeLock outsources for incoming calls. LifeLock staff only takes a call if a member wants to cancel or has an alert. The bulk of the calls are handled by outsourced call center companies.

Managers, Directors, Senior Directors on up are a joke. Once LifeLock became a publically traded company it has gone down hill. No one seems to know what they are doing. There is a big disconnect between top leadership and directors/mangers. This company keeps doing things the same way expecting different results. It is INSANE!

Do Not Ask Questions! If you question ANYTHING you get a verbal warning about something they may be able to fire you for and they make it impossible for you to improve; therefore, you are fired within 90 days. We see it time and time again.

There are many couples working in the company. Couples by marriage or dating. So many people are 'protected' because of their relationships. Directors are directors because they started with the company when it opened. They got promoted because the company grew fast people were promoted into positions truly beyond their skill set. So then those Directors promoted their friends. Then spouses and girlfriends are brought in, or dating began among employees and they give out promotions. Example, there are at least two trainers for the company they have no formal education or training experience. One is in the position because she began dating a director. And this director came from Target with limited education and experience for a Director level position- he got the LifeLock job because his friend was a Director at LifeLock and he got him in. Another example is a well liked male manager dating a female employee in a different department. The female employee is mentally unstable, screams at co-workers, cannot complete job effectively and is plain and simple in a job beyond her capabilities- but is protected because of who she is dating. These are ONLY two examples of the relationship issues having a negative impact on the company.

Managers cannot be found in a timely manner. There is limited accountability on managers. When you find one they are on their cell phones having personal conversations while walking around the building or hiding in a meeting room.

Be well prepared for your interview with LifeLock. They will ask you behavioral questions. Have your questions ready for them. Ask what are your daily and quarterly outcome measurements. Ask how reachable are those goals. Ask if conversions are a requirement, how many calls will I get that are conversion-possible so that I can reach my conversion goals? (this is so important since the limited types of calls agents get are not conversion-possible and they letting people go because conversions are too low. The company knows the conversion standard is not reachable so they use this as a reason to let people go. LifeLock is having a DIFFICULT time bringing in revenue so they are cutting down on staff making $14 and up. They are brining in new people at lower wages.) Respectfully ask your questions and listen to the answer, pay attention to what not only to what is said but MAINLY to what is NOT said. What the body language too. Research simple body language ques when someone is lying.

Very top heavy company. Low pay, company outsources many positions, technology snags all the time, unfair productivity standards with sub par technology/systems, uneducated leadership (formal education lacking and experience outside of LifeLock is minimal)

Advice to Senior Management-Stop allowing manager to keep coming up with projects that are not well planned. There is no clear plan, timeline, projected outcomes, ROI and measurements. Projects fail and they create another one and that fails and so on. Company wonders why they are not making revenue...no well thought out plans/projects is one reason why. Make managers accountable for wasting company resources for ineffective projects.

-Give release time to agents to help out on projects or in other departments. I know of an agent with two masters that they crap on rather than tap her knowledge. If I were in charge I would tap her knowledge as well as other agents with unique knowledge or skills.

-Stop outsourcing shoddy call center companies.

-Combine teams and reduce the number of managers.

-Realize that having a pretty package (building on Rio) with an ugly gift inside (the company) is not well received. Having a great gift no matter the packaging may be more well received. Focus on the workplace culture as much as the revised building. Please remember moving everyone into one building does not fix problems. Changing demographics is not the sole answer. Focusing only on a pretty building is like putting lipstick on a pig.

-Fix the technology!

-Communicate better!

-Follow through in more areas. The one thing that has followed through on is reducing staff.

-Stop using scare tactics to make employees work and to keep members.

-Stop hiring people that all think alike. Everyone is a 'yes' man and no one is thinking of the what ifs on projects. No one is allowed to ask questions! This is killing the company!

Not the paradise place they say they are

Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a good company to work for if you don't care much about moving up in the company and when things don't make sense you don't question anything. If you want a job where you come in, do your job and go home... not have anything invested in it- this is the job for you. Vacation time is nice and pay for certain jobs are either average or in many cases lower than average but the vacation time can help to offset that.

ConsManagement doesn't listen to reps, upper management... while they have an "open door policy" they frown upon actually using it. If you go to the corporate side and if you feel like you can't use the regular chain of command (hence the open door policy) you may be reprimanded. Most of the people working in this place are simply waiting for a better opportunity to come up and a lot of people are not 100% invested in the goal of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using scare tactics to sell your products. Stop targeting older clients because you know they are more likely to believe the sponsors that you pay to use. Also, stop fudging member numbers and company data that is published to make the company look better than things are..

Worked for LifeLock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifeLock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LifeLock CEO Todd Davis. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by LifeLock employees.