LifeLock

3.1

LifeLock Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Todd Davis
Todd Davis

1. Featured Review

Fast Growing Company, Great Benefits, Fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Great group of people to work with. I've definitely had an opportunity to get trained in a lot of areas and pushed further in my career by my managers, who I feel have a sincere interest in my success both inside the company and in my overall career path.
    Working in an emerging industry, where I think that the company has a ton of room to grow is a really exciting atmosphere and a great place to be a part of. Good focus on work-life balance.

Cons

At times, competing company resources make it difficult to dedicate the needed amount of resources to successfully deliver a project to completion on time. I think more alignment at the senior levels would help to alleviate this. I.E. - 10 different #1 priorities.

Better alignment along company vision within in the different groups would help to alleviate some of the resource constraints.
    Focus on continuous delivery, more automation.

Great Experience

I have been working at LifeLock part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Encouraging work environment. I was constantly engaged at work. Alot of opportunities to network within LifeLock at company events.

Cons

I was limited to working only 29 hours a week. I was hoping to work more, but overall did not affect my stance towards the company

All Flash, Little Substance

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Employees committed to members. Good salaries and benefits. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Lack of credible IT leadership. Executive leadership seems more interested in surface impressions; right color paint, color coordinated desks, reclaimed wood on walls, etc. They want to look like the next Google or Yahoo, but can't follow through on their culture statements. High turnover, especially in IT. Everything will be fine at first but you'll burn out within a year or two due to frantic work load, unattainable expectations, constant change of priorities, and lack of coherent leadership. They talk about loyalty and investment in employees, but it's all smoke and mirrors. Little to no career advancement opportunities within IT.

Actually try to correct issues rather than just talk about results of employee surveys, and then change nothing. Try to address and resolve employee issues and concerns rather than just push them out the door. Lead by example. Implement career paths to prevent dead-end experiences that lead to high turnover.

Member Services

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Fun and always easy to talk to anyone.

Cons

Lots of change since company went public.

Terrible culture, leadership, and product

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Decent pay, the Mountain View office is right off CalTrain and the VTA light rail, some of the offices have Executives who will stock food.

Cons

- Fiefdoms that are competing against each other and create some very nasty politics
    - Terrible leadership across the board: Marketing, Product, Partner Sales, Infrastructure
    - Abusive management tactics
    - Subversive tactics across the company against another division
    - Zero work-life balance. You are expected to work at all hours with no consideration of comp time
    - Ambiguous roles and responsibilities between departments also contribute to politics
    - Antiquated technology and processes (e.g. it takes over two weeks to release any code change)
    - "Values" are discussed constantly yet they are violated consistently
    - Many employees are connected back to Yahoo days. If you believe in Yahoo's terrible culture and products, you'll love LifeLock
    - Lack of accountability bleeds over from ambiguous roles and creates a situation where a small number of people are doing the work of many others

Quit lying to everyone and just close up shop; the service provides no value and will be lapped by valid solutions

A failure to lead

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Some terrific people who are motivated and talented

Cons

The senior leadership lack vision or integrity. Good pay. Bad management.

Do what you should -not what you can

If you like face-paced . . ."

Former Employee - Business Process Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Process Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits!
    Good compensation package
    Industry leader
    Great brand

Cons

A lot of work! Long hours. Intense demands. Do more with less.
    New product emphasis: Put it in and don't worry about excellence
    Change constant, lack of clear strategy, tactics ever changing
    Everything's a priority! (So what's the priority?!?)

Executive management: Superb! However, big gap in regard to workload and values between you and workers.
    Direct managers/supervisors poor leadership qualities.

LifeLock is very fast-paced and evolving as it grows.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you're a high-performer and committed to doing your best. The company does good things for its customers and continues to grow and evolve.

Cons

With fast growth comes growing pains. Some individuals in middle management and a handful above them make the growing pains worse- either because they're inept leaders of people but good individual contributors or because they're lazy and don't work as hard as the folks under them doing all the work and saving their reputations.

Several key areas would benefit from re-structuring and the company would actually look better if it held leaders accountable for their mistakes instead of only holding their team accountable. Eventually when a company shows a track record of not removing staff who are holding back entire parts of the organization is actually worse than providing positive rewards for those who perform well.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Managers and ELT inspire employees to be creative and use there strenghts to improve the company and themselves personally. They company has some new management this last year and they are stellar people. This company is a place to keey and eye on for growth and product innovations.

Cons

I do feel it is harder to move up in the company than it is to get your foot in the door, much harder.

Things do not need to be so complicated when it comes to career advancement.

LifeLock is pretty good place to work

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

They pay well.
    They promote you, if you show interest and work towards it.
    Most people you work with are great.

Cons

Undeserving people get promoted.
    Secret projects are hard to work around. You never know who you can talk to about them.

Since going public, I felt like the company wasn't as fun. No more group happy hours, no more third-thursday breakfast, no more fun activities. Bring back fun activities.