LifeLock Reviews

39 reviews filtered by
LifeLock Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Todd Davis
Todd Davis

1. Featured Review

Fast Growing Company, Great Benefits, Fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Great group of people to work with. I've definitely had an opportunity to get trained in a lot of areas and pushed further in my career by my managers, who I feel have a sincere interest in my success both inside the company and in my overall career path.
    Working in an emerging industry, where I think that the company has a ton of room to grow is a really exciting atmosphere and a great place to be a part of. Good focus on work-life balance.

Cons

At times, competing company resources make it difficult to dedicate the needed amount of resources to successfully deliver a project to completion on time. I think more alignment at the senior levels would help to alleviate this. I.E. - 10 different #1 priorities.

Advice to Management

Better alignment along company vision within in the different groups would help to alleviate some of the resource constraints.
    Focus on continuous delivery, more automation.

Good people, somewhat evil practices.

Current Employee - Middle Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LifeLock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

97% of the people who work at LifeLock are great. Average talent, but very nice. Office locations and spaces are excellent, and benefits outstanding aside from the fact that they don't provide much in terms of food (which is key at least in the Silicon Valley).

Cons

We sell a product that is basically a sham, and we could easily own up to it and fix it but no one's at the wheel.

Product management is someone clueless. They don't code, they can't design, they're not visionary marketeers, and yet the own the product???

Advice to Management

Simplify your message. Become an insurance company. Offer real benefit to you customers. Get rid of Rush L. and grow to a wider, more intelligent market base. Or perish in due time...

3. Overall, LifeLock is a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits.
    Lots of PTO!
    Great perks and employee gifts.
    Awesome co-workers!
    Nice work environment and culture.

Cons

Career development within your role is limited. Some departments seem to promote their people and others don't.
    Compensation is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Please don't be afraid to promote and reward employees that perform well. It will help with employee retention and loyalty especially as the job market improves.

Started out great. Then went down hill when managers and supervisors started promoting based on favoritism

Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock

Pros

Money isn't bad to start. Starting pay is $14. Yearly raises are only like 1 % if that

Cons

Favortism runs rampid in this company. Either family over family or managers and supervisores dating or marrying and getting promoted

Advice to Management

You all need to learn how to treat people with the respect they deserve and not allow dating between managers and supervisors

Great Experience

I have been working at LifeLock part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Encouraging work environment. I was constantly engaged at work. Alot of opportunities to network within LifeLock at company events.

Cons

I was limited to working only 29 hours a week. I was hoping to work more, but overall did not affect my stance towards the company

All Flash, Little Substance

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Employees committed to members. Good salaries and benefits. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Lack of credible IT leadership. Executive leadership seems more interested in surface impressions; right color paint, color coordinated desks, reclaimed wood on walls, etc. They want to look like the next Google or Yahoo, but can't follow through on their culture statements. High turnover, especially in IT. Everything will be fine at first but you'll burn out within a year or two due to frantic work load, unattainable expectations, constant change of priorities, and lack of coherent leadership. They talk about loyalty and investment in employees, but it's all smoke and mirrors. Little to no career advancement opportunities within IT.

Advice to Management

Actually try to correct issues rather than just talk about results of employee surveys, and then change nothing. Try to address and resolve employee issues and concerns rather than just push them out the door. Lead by example. Implement career paths to prevent dead-end experiences that lead to high turnover.

8. Member Services

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Fun and always easy to talk to anyone.

Cons

Lots of change since company went public.

Terrible culture, leadership, and product

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Decent pay, the Mountain View office is right off CalTrain and the VTA light rail, some of the offices have Executives who will stock food.

Cons

- Fiefdoms that are competing against each other and create some very nasty politics
    - Terrible leadership across the board: Marketing, Product, Partner Sales, Infrastructure
    - Abusive management tactics
    - Subversive tactics across the company against another division
    - Zero work-life balance. You are expected to work at all hours with no consideration of comp time
    - Ambiguous roles and responsibilities between departments also contribute to politics
    - Antiquated technology and processes (e.g. it takes over two weeks to release any code change)
    - "Values" are discussed constantly yet they are violated consistently
    - Many employees are connected back to Yahoo days. If you believe in Yahoo's terrible culture and products, you'll love LifeLock
    - Lack of accountability bleeds over from ambiguous roles and creates a situation where a small number of people are doing the work of many others

Advice to Management

Quit lying to everyone and just close up shop; the service provides no value and will be lapped by valid solutions

A failure to lead

I worked at LifeLock

Pros

Some terrific people who are motivated and talented

Cons

The senior leadership lack vision or integrity. Good pay. Bad management.

Advice to Management

Do what you should -not what you can

11. LifeLock is very fast-paced and evolving as it grows.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you're a high-performer and committed to doing your best. The company does good things for its customers and continues to grow and evolve.

Cons

With fast growth comes growing pains. Some individuals in middle management and a handful above them make the growing pains worse- either because they're inept leaders of people but good individual contributors or because they're lazy and don't work as hard as the folks under them doing all the work and saving their reputations.

Advice to Management

Several key areas would benefit from re-structuring and the company would actually look better if it held leaders accountable for their mistakes instead of only holding their team accountable. Eventually when a company shows a track record of not removing staff who are holding back entire parts of the organization is actually worse than providing positive rewards for those who perform well.