LifeLock Reviews

Updated August 23, 2014

3.2

LifeLock Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Todd Davis
Todd Davis

LifeLock is very fast-paced and evolving as it grows.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you're a high-performer and committed to doing your best. The company does good things for its customers and continues to grow and evolve.

Cons

With fast growth comes growing pains. Some individuals in middle management and a handful above them make the growing pains worse- either because they're inept leaders of people but good individual contributors or because they're lazy and don't work as hard as the folks under them doing all the work and saving their reputations.

Several key areas would benefit from re-structuring and the company would actually look better if it held leaders accountable for their mistakes instead of only holding their team accountable. Eventually when a company shows a track record of not removing staff who are holding back entire parts of the organization is actually worse than providing positive rewards for those who perform well.

If you like face-paced . . ."

Former Employee - Business Process Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Process Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits!
    Good compensation package
    Industry leader
    Great brand

Cons

A lot of work! Long hours. Intense demands. Do more with less.
    New product emphasis: Put it in and don't worry about excellence
    Change constant, lack of clear strategy, tactics ever changing
    Everything's a priority! (So what's the priority?!?)

Executive management: Superb! However, big gap in regard to workload and values between you and workers.
    Direct managers/supervisors poor leadership qualities.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Member Services Agent  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Managers and ELT inspire employees to be creative and use there strenghts to improve the company and themselves personally. They company has some new management this last year and they are stellar people. This company is a place to keey and eye on for growth and product innovations.

Cons

I do feel it is harder to move up in the company than it is to get your foot in the door, much harder.

Things do not need to be so complicated when it comes to career advancement.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LifeLock is pretty good place to work

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

They pay well.
    They promote you, if you show interest and work towards it.
    Most people you work with are great.

Cons

Undeserving people get promoted.
    Secret projects are hard to work around. You never know who you can talk to about them.

Since going public, I felt like the company wasn't as fun. No more group happy hours, no more third-thursday breakfast, no more fun activities. Bring back fun activities.

Disappointed and want out, only reason I stay is for the benefits.

Current Employee - Member Service Agent  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Service Agent in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, love my co-workers.

Cons

Company works as a CAS system. It is quite obvious who the upper echelon are and the rest are just bottom feeders. Please do not believe the fake reviews that management adds. There is not room to move and it's all about who you know. Skills of talented people are completely overlooked. Jobs are labeled as education when really they are all sales positions.

Long way to go Lifelock

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for less than a year

Pros

Haven't found any Pro for as long as I have been working.

Cons

Senior management lacks leadership. They are spending investor money on buying third grade mobile app companies. Spent millions on a piece of brick. No heads rolled due to this. Such an embarrassment. People protecting identity of others got conned. Facilities are a major problem. The office setup is the worst with low cubes no privacy or ability to concentrate on work. People always hogging the conference rooms, makes it difficult to do actual work. Pay scales are sadly low. Lot of favoritism played by senior management. Micro managers everywhere. All managers simply don't want to delegate anything. Growth opportunities low. People are demotivated as they keep changing directions. Proper equipment for work is not provided. Even small things like keyboard and charger considered large expense. They have hired old IT managers from tempe who think they are doing you a favor by hiring you. People constantly go to headquarters from other locations on company expense for no reason but to show their faces and spend company money. Departments constantly trying to step on each other toes to become all important. Lot of office politics between managers who are constantly at each others throats. This company has the worst HR department. Their level of intrusion is way too much. They make it difficult for you if you complain about things to them. They will try to shut you down and blame you. One of the worst places to work in Bay Area. Go for a startup which might have less money and still are able to offer better pay facilities benefits and environment for innovation.

Only if they had more experience. They have hired people from failed companies. Change the CIO to get better direction.

Great Experience Great Internship

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LifeLock as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work atmosphere is lively and eager. My first day was awesome as many people at the company welcomed me with open arms. First day orientation was informing and also laidback!

Cons

I havent been here long enough to say there are any cons. Overall it's a great company that is expanding and growing in the right direction.

New Management is the only thing wrong

Former Employee - Principal Engineer
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer

I worked at LifeLock full-time

Pros

All of my co-workers were friendly, fun, and inspiring to be around. I've learned a lot in the time I was there, and really felt the company helped me grow and invested in me.

Cons

When I first started (while the company was Private), the company was great. I was super happy and thought it was an amazing place to work. Once they brought in the new President, things started to go downhill. Leadership was no longer visible in the company, tons of opportunities were missed (data breach reconciliation), and the goals switched from growing the business to making it "cool" instead. This new direction does nothing for the customers, or even the stockholders for that matter. I definitely think this is the wrong route to go.

Stop trying to be "cool" and act like you're a big tech company. Stay true to the real mission of protecting peoples identities and fill in all the gaps you're missing out on.

Excellent company to work for!

I have been working at LifeLock full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

LifeLock is a fast growing company with endless opportunities. The CEO has very high integrity and leads his team with vision and purpose. We have a very healthy benefit package and a culture that encourages collaboration. I have worked here for many years and have been promoted more than once thanks to my hard work and valued contributions.

Cons

Due to the fast pace, LifeLock can be stressful if you don't self manage your work life balance. The company supports the family first mentality but its up to you to know when to put the cell phone down.

Tremendous career growth for me working at LifeLock.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To start, I have to give Todd Davis, CEO 5 stars! He is the culture of the company and it flows all the way down to the call center employees. My 4 years working there were amazing. The opportunities given to me to grow and excel with the company are still cherished by me to this day. My career and personal development are owed to Mr. Davis and his wonderful company.

Cons

Compensation was excellent, can't complain about that. Working environment was excellent, can't complain about that. Leadership was excellent. Promotions were abundant. Perks such as free catered lunches were excellent. Why would I complain about this company when they took such good care of me.

Mr. Davis will always be the driving force and solid foundation for the company. My advice to his leadership team would be to try as hard as you can to be like him and lead like him so it keeps flowing down to all the employees so they can experience what I did and create lifetime memories of working at one of the best places to work.

Worked for LifeLock? Contribute to the Community!