LifePath Hospice

Add Photos

Kathy Fernandez

Don't go there!

R Nurse (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI love the patients and their families, can be very rewarding at times.

Cons60-70 hour expected work weeks (on a salary). Management very demanding of your free time, calling you all hours of the day and night. Poor compensation when compared with others, poor mileage reimbursement. Constant payroll problems with checks being short or missing. Disorganized from the top all the way down. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They change the rules daily and do not follow company policies that are in place! Knee jerk style, panicked style management.

Great Patient Care, but Poor Employee Treatment

Staff Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsThe patients, families, and coworkers are terrific.

ConsSenior management not in touch with realities of field work, unreasonable expectation of staff, no respect for personal lives of staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your field staff about number of hours required to finish work each week! Are your expectations realistic? No. Are your staff remaining with your company out of company loyalty or patient loyalty?

senior staff needs to do our jobs and see what it is realy like to work with no raises, uncaring managers.

ProsWe care about our patients and we like to help the dying . Even with no raises, low bonus, we do this because we care about the patients.

ConsManagement doesn't care the staff, they give theirself raises and bonuses, nothing to us.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior staff needs to see how the employees are really doing, how much hard work they do for low pay, no raises, no bonuses and bad treatment by mangers. By making it harder for hourly people to take time off, be late and go to Dr. appts. Salary people and managers DO NOT follow these rules. They come in late, Salary staff come an go, but the hourly people are harrased for being late,taking time off for thieir health or home life. Th managers are not fair, they have favorits. Senior staff needs to keep an eye on the managers who cheat the system. They make rules the way they want. Some managers treat some staff with no respect others are their pets and get away with bully and harrassing the employees they don't like. If we had a camers, you wuld catch. They hide so much stuff from thei boss. Always wrighting up the stff they don't like, but their favorites do the same thing snf get away with it. Labor laws should know some of this.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Truly committed to providing quality hospice care to their patients.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Temple Terrace, FL

ProsPleasant, polite and dedicated coworkers, I felt like a member of the team from day one. This is a very organized company that makes information and resources readily available. I say that their business outlook is staying the same only because it is a hospice company. It is not my hope that there will be an increase in hospice patients.

ConsNone, I enjoyed working with this company. Management was always very approachable and helpful. There was a lot of paperwork to do but that is caused by insurance requirements. I left this company only because I was moving out of state with my family.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank-you for listening to your employees I hope that never changes.

Depends on which department you work in...

Navigation Center (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe department that I work in handles incomming calls. It has managers and directors who truly care about balancing both work and hiome life. The team works together to cover each other when our childern are ill, when we need a "mental health" day, or even when there is a school play that we want to attend. The quality expectations are clear, training is great, and the staff really supports each other. This is a great place to work and I am proud to tell people that I work for LifePath.

ConsIf you are not completely dedicated to helping the patients and families in crisis, you can become burned out. It's important not to become too personally involved and still be empathetic and supportive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with compassion, consistency and respect and you will foster an environment like ours.

Worked for LifePath Hospice? Contribute to the Community!