LifePoint Hospitals

Add Photos

LifePoint Hospitals President and CEO Bill Carpenter III

Bill Carpenter III

Cannot be trusted

ProsThere are no Pros for this hospital. Administration is clueless.....

ConsThis company allows the hospitals it manages to lie to their employees about self insured policy coverage. A detailed policy was never given to the employees. All of the deductibles are not listed. If you have to use a non Lifepoint hospital it will only cover 50% not 80%. This information is given to the employees upfront but the employees are never given the list of procedures that they cannot have outside Lifepoint. No one has the same health problems. The human body is different for each person. Just because one employee had back surgery at a Lifepoint facility doesn't mean another employee can have the same surgery at a Lifepoint facility. They may require a Specialist at a larger hospital. The employees are not told they need referrals and permission from HR or Administration prior to having the procedure. So the employee is stuck with a hospital bill for thousands of dollars after their appeal is denied by Lifepoint. You are basically penalize for not paying Lifepoint twice!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to employees to gain profit from self insured policies!!!!!

One of the most regretful, miserable periods of time in my career.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Russellville, AL

ProsMet some wonderful patients, in Russellville AL.

ConsThey treat their employees like their just warm bodies just to fill the void, RN's due to budget cuts we were made to do every job except go down stairs and cook breakfast.Most nurses were to busy charting instead of taking care of the actual patient.The ratio of patients to Nurse was ridiculous, and you did not dare ask for one ounce of help or you would be called lazy. I don't feel you can give a patient proper treatment if you are to busy worrying about taking care of 6 patients at one time.Charge nurses sit at the desk and play on their phones, read magazines, and gossip instead of being a proper leader. Bullying and backbiting is allowed, and basically promoted. If you ever did go to the manager about a private issue the whole staff knew about it before you walked out the door. Experience competence, and education is not not why nurses received promotions, it was mostly you social status and how much butt you can kiss. Education and CEUs there is a joke. basically you sit at a computer and read, and someone actually gets paid to teach that. No wonder the lack of competence is so high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the current management and HR at Russellville Hospital in Alabama and bring in new staff, because as you have seen from the past owners nothing has changed in years. Financial or management style. This hospital will always be a embarrassment for our community, until you remove the old and put in the new.

Great experience in healthcare

ProsLots of opportunities to learn about the various pieces of the healthcare industry
    Company focus on hospital in locations that may not have the opportunity for quality care

ConsChanging regulatory environment
    Large company so communication is often difficult

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

patient/nurses beware.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Livingston, TN

Prosit is a payceck. that is all.

Consno respect or valuing of competency, underequipped, archaic unfriendly computer system, culture of intimidation among management. patients die due to lack of fundamental care such as medication. nurses are blamed for errors that are fundamentally a result of impossible unrealistic management expectations. Gross understaffing. Complete disregard for common sense solutions. nurses beware. patients beware.

Advice to Senior Managementjoin the peace corps or a monestary and make peace with god.

Terrible company to work for

ProsGreat employees who deserve better from the C-Suites

ConsWorked in Texas Ennis Regional. Not one raise in 3 years. Not one annual evaluation the entire time I was there. No training. Physician Satisfaction is in the 11th percentile and consequently physicians wouldn't refer patients to the hospital. So no volumes. No hours. So I get flexed off and sent home and can't pay my bills because the CEO can't do his job and build volumes and physician relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean C-Suite and find competent CEOs

LifePoint should appreciate dedicated long term employees by paying them. Overtime should be occassional and not excess

IT&S (Current Employee)

ProsI have a job in a city I love. The company does a lot of community support.

ConsYou do not get raises, there is a huge disparity in what employees are paid. There are employees that have worked huge amounts of over time for years, then a new employee is hired and paid a lot more for the same job you are doing. It is very discouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your devoted employees.

Great pay as a contractor, absolutely zero job security.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsThe rate of pay is among the higher in the industry from what I understand. There is an abundance of opportunities to expand one's skill set and improve one's resume.

ConsThere is no job security whatsoever for contractors. One will often receive very little notice (regardless of job performance) that services are no longer required when projects come to a completion. It is vital to keep your resume up to date when working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency in dealings with contract employees in order to provide realistic expectations of employment duration.

The hospital that time forgot!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Livingston, TN

ProsThe hospital is very clean and the food in the cafeteria is good.

ConsI write this review, not as a disgruntled employee or someone with a chip on their shoulder; but rather a message of caution to those who want to work at this hospital.

In this new era of healthcare reform and unprecedented change, I am consistently appalled at this hospital’s diminished level of moral responsibility and over all lack of “Common Sense” when it comes to nursing administration. At Livingston, fiscal cuts equals LPN’s in charge and it is not for a lack of RN’s. RN’s are sent home and LPN’s are given the role of “charge nurse.” What's next, nursing assistants acting as charge nurses?

The day is coming, and soon I am sure, when this hospital gets a dose of its own medicine . So much for saving a buck, huh?

The hospital’s unsafe, unprofessional leadership and “Old Fashioned” mind set will not be able to withstand the 2014 changes.

If you value your professional license consider putting your excellent skills to work in a facility that is positioned in the 21st century. Bullying is taken to a whole new level at this hospital. If you appreciate a 1950's physician/nurse work style...want an experience that is much like that of the "Twilight Zone"...punished for being the "voice of the patient" or, simply want to put your nursing license at risk...then this hospital's culture may be a fit.

It's kinda sad, really. This hospital 'could be' so much more if they simply would become "politically savvy" and prioritize their fiscal,cultural, and short-sighted management issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will do.

Worst place ever to work in 2013.

Roxboro, NC

ProsIt is hard to think of any short of the fact that they do pay you on time.

ConsThey come in and take over small hospitals in smaller communities with a long history of local care and cut staff, out source jobs, reduce hours and generally turn the world upside down. Patient care is sacrificed for the bottom line. The work environment becomes hostile and good relationships with local physicians and other care professionals become virtually non-existent. When half the staff quits in a month in today's economy things are pretty bad. Management has no face - it is just a terrible company to work for- don't believe me - just ask anyone who works for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some employee management skills.

Most unsafe hospital I was ever employed

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Livingston, TN

ProsPay was ok, and years ago when I first began working there, there were some competent management and staff

ConsConsistently understaffed, poorly equipped, and the turnover rate led to incompetent nursing because competent nurses speak out about understaffing and unsafe patient environments. Incompetent nurses accept unsafe patient environments and understaffing and are rewarded for this behavior. Management are rewarded for bullying and chasing away competent nurses. Experienced nurses make more money and recognize medicare and Medicaid violations and are vocal about it. They are rebuked, defamed and sometimes libeled. The only thing this corporation cares about is making or saving a dime. Although they hide behind god, their only god is green.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour management style is,short sighted and in to long run will be your downfall. Pay attention to your nurses, staffing and equipment issues. Reward competence, stop the bullying. Be the image you want to project.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifePoint Hospitals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LifePoint Hospitals CEO Bill Carpenter III. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by LifePoint Hospitals employees.