LifePoint Hospitals

Be The First To
Add Photos

LifePoint Hospitals President and CEO Bill Carpenter III

Bill Carpenter III

Good company suffering from typical growing pains.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy immediate team is great to work with and always eager to help each other. As of 01/01/14, the LifePoint corporate office has move into a newly constructed building with a great feel and excellent amenities. This appears to be helping create a more conducive team atmosphere among the various teams.

ConsThere is somewhat of a disconnect between corporate and hospital staff due to rapid company growth and geographical separation. There also seems to be a relatively high turnover rate in key areas in the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more connected to each team member in the various departments and find out what is important to them. Hopefully, this will help minimize the turn over and help LifePoint become even better of a company to work for.

No integrity

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time

ProsPay is above average and there are employees whom do work as a team and love what they do. There are many who are there for the patients.

ConsNo raises or across the board wage adjustments. Leadership is only concerned with the bottom line. Advancement is very political. Company values are not followed through.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your nurses and pca's!!!!! Reward hard work and increase salary/hourly wages. Management appears to be concerned about employee's but they are only concerned with productivity.

RN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals

ProsThree day work week when you work 12hr days. Pay is good.

ConsEverything else. Management is terrible. Hours are not guaranteed. Floating to all areas of hospital bc a nurse is a nurse without regard to patient safety. Terrible employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Take things seriously. Not all criticism are complaints.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not "employee-friendly"

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent jobs and salaries if you're in the "favored few." New building is nice. Some of the people are great to work alongside.

Cons- Warring departments
- Bullying by middle management level in some departments
- Senior Executives (Officer level) extremely unaware of true nature of culture below them
- Culture has evolved to become just like HCA and CHS

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct extensive probing of employee satisfaction results. Hire a third-party to conduct interviews with employees and guarantee anonymity.

Best environment and best people that it has ever been my pleasure to work with.

IT&S (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI have worked in IT&S at the corporate office for over 7 years. The department has grown from a small band to a sophisticated, well-oiled, working machine during that time. To the Big Guy that wrote the review throwing stones at the CIO, you've only been here for a short time. You did not see what he had to start with to get where the department is today. If you had been here longer and witnessed the changes and the decisions that have had to be made, perhaps you would be kinder. Our CIO frequently asks employees for their opinions and for their analysis of situations, and he really listens. Without his leadership, we would never have gotten so many systems installed in so many facilities in the past 4 years. It was a huge endeavor but everyone in IT can be proud of the successes of our department. We have a tremendous team of full-time employees and contractors that work in the department and in the company. We have some of the most talented and caring people that I've ever worked with (and I started in healthcare IT 30 years ago). We have each other's back and we all work very hard but we're a team (well, the majority of us are). Other employees frequently stop to offer help, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to help someone else in a heartbeat and that includes anyone at a hospital. We have the utmost respect for the employees of the hospitals and for what they do on a daily basis. That's the environment in IT&S at LifePoint. The company culture is one of compassion and honesty. No company is perfect but I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

ConsThere are still a few employees who prefer to throw stones anonymously than to stand up and give their opinion out loud and then get back to work and be a part of the team. Yes, we work a lot of long, hard hours and could use more help but then we have to be good stewards of the monies that the hospitals work so hard to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't let the culture change when we move to the new building. Remember to be good stewards in all things. And to the CIO--thank you for what you've done for IT&S and for LifePoint.

Spent 6+ yrs as a Registered Nurse in the geriatric psychiatric unit.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHad a great work experience with co-workers that worked hard to provide good safe care to the patients that were admitted to us.

ConsStaff was not supported when there were high risk patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that providing safe care to patients starts with supporting staff.

The absolute worst experience in twenty years as an IT professional.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are no pros, unless you are a total incompetent in the area of Information Technology. If so, you will find a home at LifePoint, so long as you make certain to join the sycophantic posers in upper management in operations, whose lack of skill, experience, and intelligence will deflect scrutiny away from your incompetence.

ConsUpper management is out of control. The board is apparently oblivious to the fact that millions have been squandered because of the ineptitude of the CIO, and of the contracting firms he has brought in, a CIO who has abdicated managing and decision making and who has sold LifePoint down the river to his cronies at Dell.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the few remaining employees who have actually managed an enterprise environment, dump incompetent contractors turned directors, and security officers who don't even recognize the idiocy of emailing account name and password in one clear text message.

Unappreciated hard work!

Gallatin, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe hard working associates, PTO, ESL Benefits, and a sample of a pay check

ConsI have always worked very hard (with excellent reviews) at many different jobs in my 50 years of employment. I have have been appreciated least with this organization than any other; Example: An annual pay raise of "1 %" while we perform the work of three people to earn the "Mega Bucks" to pay a non-caring "Upper Management"

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and listen to your associates, "They have made you & They can break you!"
Clean up your management practices! After all, what is your "Code of Conduct Standards?"

Cannot be trusted

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are no Pros for this hospital. Administration is clueless.....

ConsThis company allows the hospitals it manages to lie to their employees about self insured policy coverage. A detailed policy was never given to the employees. All of the deductibles are not listed. If you have to use a non Lifepoint hospital it will only cover 50% not 80%. This information is given to the employees upfront but the employees are never given the list of procedures that they cannot have outside Lifepoint. No one has the same health problems. The human body is different for each person. Just because one employee had back surgery at a Lifepoint facility doesn't mean another employee can have the same surgery at a Lifepoint facility. They may require a Specialist at a larger hospital. The employees are not told they need referrals and permission from HR or Administration prior to having the procedure. So the employee is stuck with a hospital bill for thousands of dollars after their appeal is denied by Lifepoint. You are basically penalize for not paying Lifepoint twice!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to employees to gain profit from self insured policies!!!!!

One of the most regretful, miserable periods of time in my career.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Russellville, AL

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMet some wonderful patients, in Russellville AL.

ConsThey treat their employees like their just warm bodies just to fill the void, RN's due to budget cuts we were made to do every job except go down stairs and cook breakfast.Most nurses were to busy charting instead of taking care of the actual patient.The ratio of patients to Nurse was ridiculous, and you did not dare ask for one ounce of help or you would be called lazy. I don't feel you can give a patient proper treatment if you are to busy worrying about taking care of 6 patients at one time.Charge nurses sit at the desk and play on their phones, read magazines, and gossip instead of being a proper leader. Bullying and backbiting is allowed, and basically promoted. If you ever did go to the manager about a private issue the whole staff knew about it before you walked out the door. Experience competence, and education is not not why nurses received promotions, it was mostly you social status and how much butt you can kiss. Education and CEUs there is a joke. basically you sit at a computer and read, and someone actually gets paid to teach that. No wonder the lack of competence is so high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the current management and HR at Russellville Hospital in Alabama and bring in new staff, because as you have seen from the past owners nothing has changed in years. Financial or management style. This hospital will always be a embarrassment for our community, until you remove the old and put in the new.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifePoint Hospitals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LifePoint Hospitals CEO Bill Carpenter III. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by LifePoint Hospitals employees.