LifePoint Hospitals

Updated August 22, 2014

1.9

LifePoint Hospitals President and CEO Bill Carpenter III
Bill Carpenter III

Good Place to work, IT department is turning around, new management, that knows what to do

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent work-Life balance
    Ok pay
    Friendly Environment
    Nice new building

Cons

Open Cubes, who came up with this? Just because it looks good doesn't mean it works in the real world.

change in process,just purchased by lifepoint

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good hours,very good equipment, good work-life balance so far

Cons

insurance puts deductibles on everything. medicine cost a lot more

Employees in IT&S at the corp office (Hospital Support Center) are extemely overworked. Salary is average or better.

Current Employee - IT&S  in  Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - IT&S in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employee gym is nice. Employees park in a secure parking garage. They are no longer located in Maryland Farms where traffic is a nightmare.

Cons

Managers are always polite but they push, push, push for more work to get done. There is not a work-life balance, they will tell you they do not want you to work a lot of overtime, but it is still expected. These are salary positions, some overtime is to be expected but it is impossible to get the work completed in less than 55 to 60 hours EVERY WEEK and this goes on for YEARS. Managers and employees are all in cubicles, which I do not mind but because of the amount of work, it is difficult to complete tasks because of the interruptions, there is no 'quiet' time to work without interruptions. In my department, it is constant chaos, people talking on phones, over cubes, and many interruptions thru-out the day. Salary discrimination against female workers occurs at the corporate office. Ladies do your research and demand to be compensated fairly.

Advice to Management will be ignored, politely of course. For advice read the comments in CONS.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Time out my life I can never get back

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

despite how they are treated, there are some very caring people giving direct patient care.

Cons

From a leadership prospective there is no work life balance. If you aren't there, expect phone calls 24 hours a day to deal with every possible issue, including being called back for double, triple even quadruple, shifts because staff are out sick, (due to the stress they are under) What changed my opinion was I pulled into a meeting and challenged about my "dedication to the company" and spent the entire discussion talking about my transition out, After being floored that I was having this discussion after all the extra work I had put in, I handed in a resignation. After a long period, I was called in a short time before my last day and told that I would not be receiving my last check, and I was being demanded to pay back more money that I had received to come there in the first place. I would not accept another position within this company if it were my only option to continue in healthcare. I'd feel better about doing a good honest job like cleaning toilets and mopping floors to working for these thieves.

I understand that money keeps the doors open. invest in your employees. Care about them, if you stop building ever increasing levels of management and invest in the direct patient care staff, your profits would would be much higher. Now, you gnash your teeth and rent your clothing that your patient satisfaction numbers are in the toilet, well, asking your direct patient care staff to care for ever increasing numbers of patients such as 1 nurse to 7-8 patients, is placing patients and staff at risk! wake up!

A Social Menace

Former Employee - Rrt  in  Los Alamos, NM
    Former Employee - Rrt in Los Alamos, NM

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals for more than 3 years

Pros

Truthfully, one star is too much. There should be a ZERO star rating. The only good thing is that there are some employees who care and that has nothing to do with the company as much as with the individual.

Cons

Los Alamos Medical Center in NM (LifePoint) has very, very serious issues with following their own manual on "Code of Conduct". They are permissive of acts that are not beneficial to employee nor patients....In fact, their behavior is a betrayal to the entire discipline of healthcare. It is sad and that is not in anger but in truth. STAY AWAY!!

From ground zero~~ start all over again. Stop using the medical discipline and its patients to serve any personal agenda. Get human.

Avoid this Company!

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Vice President in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is growing and healthcare is a great sector in which to work. High respect for CEO and President.

Cons

High turnover at VP level. Lost many good people due to poor management by some executives.

Provide positive feedback to employees so they will stay. Make change at executive level in areas with high and persistent turnover.

No integrity

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time

Pros

Pay is above average and there are employees whom do work as a team and love what they do. There are many who are there for the patients.

Cons

No raises or across the board wage adjustments. Leadership is only concerned with the bottom line. Advancement is very political. Company values are not followed through.

Listen to your nurses and pca's!!!!! Reward hard work and increase salary/hourly wages. Management appears to be concerned about employee's but they are only concerned with productivity.

Awful experience. Run if you can!

Former Employee - Physician  in  Deer Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Physician in Deer Valley, AZ

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for less than a year

Pros

None so far. They have none so far.

Cons

Dishonest and deceiving. Poorly organized with poor ethics or morale. You will notice that everyone is a traveling nurse, MD, CEO, etc. That will give you a clue of how things are.

Quit! Leave the company and focus in building up an honest hospital with good patient care and employee satisfaction in mind.

Good company suffering from typical growing pains.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My immediate team is great to work with and always eager to help each other. As of 01/01/14, the LifePoint corporate office has move into a newly constructed building with a great feel and excellent amenities. This appears to be helping create a more conducive team atmosphere among the various teams.

Cons

There is somewhat of a disconnect between corporate and hospital staff due to rapid company growth and geographical separation. There also seems to be a relatively high turnover rate in key areas in the corporate office.

Become more connected to each team member in the various departments and find out what is important to them. Hopefully, this will help minimize the turn over and help LifePoint become even better of a company to work for.

Not "employee-friendly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent jobs and salaries if you're in the "favored few." New building is nice. Some of the people are great to work alongside.

Cons

- Warring departments
    - Bullying by middle management level in some departments
    - Senior Executives (Officer level) extremely unaware of true nature of culture below them
    - Culture has evolved to become just like HCA and CHS

Conduct extensive probing of employee satisfaction results. Hire a third-party to conduct interviews with employees and guarantee anonymity.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!