LifePoint Hospitals

Be The First To
Add Photos

LifePoint Hospitals President and CEO Bill Carpenter III

Bill Carpenter III

Good company suffering from typical growing pains.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsMy immediate team is great to work with and always eager to help each other. As of 01/01/14, the LifePoint corporate office has move into a newly constructed building with a great feel and excellent amenities. This appears to be helping create a more conducive team atmosphere among the various teams.

ConsThere is somewhat of a disconnect between corporate and hospital staff due to rapid company growth and geographical separation. There also seems to be a relatively high turnover rate in key areas in the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more connected to each team member in the various departments and find out what is important to them. Hopefully, this will help minimize the turn over and help LifePoint become even better of a company to work for.

A Social Menace

Rrt (Former Employee) Los Alamos, NM

ProsTruthfully, one star is too much. There should be a ZERO star rating. The only good thing is that there are some employees who care and that has nothing to do with the company as much as with the individual.

ConsLos Alamos Medical Center in NM (LifePoint) has very, very serious issues with following their own manual on "Code of Conduct". They are permissive of acts that are not beneficial to employee nor patients....In fact, their behavior is a betrayal to the entire discipline of healthcare. It is sad and that is not in anger but in truth. STAY AWAY!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom ground zero~~ start all over again. Stop using the medical discipline and its patients to serve any personal agenda. Get human.

Avoid this Company!

Vice President (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsCompany is growing and healthcare is a great sector in which to work. High respect for CEO and President.

ConsHigh turnover at VP level. Lost many good people due to poor management by some executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide positive feedback to employees so they will stay. Make change at executive level in areas with high and persistent turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful experience. Run if you can!

Physician (Former Employee) Deer Valley, AZ

ProsNone so far. They have none so far.

ConsDishonest and deceiving. Poorly organized with poor ethics or morale. You will notice that everyone is a traveling nurse, MD, CEO, etc. That will give you a clue of how things are.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit! Leave the company and focus in building up an honest hospital with good patient care and employee satisfaction in mind.

No integrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is above average and there are employees whom do work as a team and love what they do. There are many who are there for the patients.

ConsNo raises or across the board wage adjustments. Leadership is only concerned with the bottom line. Advancement is very political. Company values are not followed through.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your nurses and pca's!!!!! Reward hard work and increase salary/hourly wages. Management appears to be concerned about employee's but they are only concerned with productivity.

RN

ProsThree day work week when you work 12hr days. Pay is good.

ConsEverything else. Management is terrible. Hours are not guaranteed. Floating to all areas of hospital bc a nurse is a nurse without regard to patient safety. Terrible employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Take things seriously. Not all criticism are complaints.

Not "employee-friendly"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsDecent jobs and salaries if you're in the "favored few." New building is nice. Some of the people are great to work alongside.

Cons- Warring departments
    - Bullying by middle management level in some departments
    - Senior Executives (Officer level) extremely unaware of true nature of culture below them
    - Culture has evolved to become just like HCA and CHS

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct extensive probing of employee satisfaction results. Hire a third-party to conduct interviews with employees and guarantee anonymity.

Best environment and best people that it has ever been my pleasure to work with.

IT&S (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsI have worked in IT&S at the corporate office for over 7 years. The department has grown from a small band to a sophisticated, well-oiled, working machine during that time. To the Big Guy that wrote the review throwing stones at the CIO, you've only been here for a short time. You did not see what he had to start with to get where the department is today. If you had been here longer and witnessed the changes and the decisions that have had to be made, perhaps you would be kinder. Our CIO frequently asks employees for their opinions and for their analysis of situations, and he really listens. Without his leadership, we would never have gotten so many systems installed in so many facilities in the past 4 years. It was a huge endeavor but everyone in IT can be proud of the successes of our department. We have a tremendous team of full-time employees and contractors that work in the department and in the company. We have some of the most talented and caring people that I've ever worked with (and I started in healthcare IT 30 years ago). We have each other's back and we all work very hard but we're a team (well, the majority of us are). Other employees frequently stop to offer help, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to help someone else in a heartbeat and that includes anyone at a hospital. We have the utmost respect for the employees of the hospitals and for what they do on a daily basis. That's the environment in IT&S at LifePoint. The company culture is one of compassion and honesty. No company is perfect but I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

ConsThere are still a few employees who prefer to throw stones anonymously than to stand up and give their opinion out loud and then get back to work and be a part of the team. Yes, we work a lot of long, hard hours and could use more help but then we have to be good stewards of the monies that the hospitals work so hard to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't let the culture change when we move to the new building. Remember to be good stewards in all things. And to the CIO--thank you for what you've done for IT&S and for LifePoint.

Spent 6+ yrs as a Registered Nurse in the geriatric psychiatric unit.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad a great work experience with co-workers that worked hard to provide good safe care to the patients that were admitted to us.

ConsStaff was not supported when there were high risk patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that providing safe care to patients starts with supporting staff.

The absolute worst experience in twenty years as an IT professional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros, unless you are a total incompetent in the area of Information Technology. If so, you will find a home at LifePoint, so long as you make certain to join the sycophantic posers in upper management in operations, whose lack of skill, experience, and intelligence will deflect scrutiny away from your incompetence.

ConsUpper management is out of control. The board is apparently oblivious to the fact that millions have been squandered because of the ineptitude of the CIO, and of the contracting firms he has brought in, a CIO who has abdicated managing and decision making and who has sold LifePoint down the river to his cronies at Dell.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the few remaining employees who have actually managed an enterprise environment, dump incompetent contractors turned directors, and security officers who don't even recognize the idiocy of emailing account name and password in one clear text message.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!