LifePoint Hospitals

LifePoint Hospitals President and CEO Bill Carpenter III
Bill Carpenter III

RN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals

Pros

Three day work week when you work 12hr days. Pay is good.

Cons

Everything else. Management is terrible. Hours are not guaranteed. Floating to all areas of hospital bc a nurse is a nurse without regard to patient safety. Terrible employee morale.

Listen to your employees. Take things seriously. Not all criticism are complaints.

Not "employee-friendly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent jobs and salaries if you're in the "favored few." New building is nice. Some of the people are great to work alongside.

Cons

- Warring departments
    - Bullying by middle management level in some departments
    - Senior Executives (Officer level) extremely unaware of true nature of culture below them
    - Culture has evolved to become just like HCA and CHS

Conduct extensive probing of employee satisfaction results. Hire a third-party to conduct interviews with employees and guarantee anonymity.

Best environment and best people that it has ever been my pleasure to work with.

Current Employee - IT&S  in  Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - IT&S in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked in IT&S at the corporate office for over 7 years. The department has grown from a small band to a sophisticated, well-oiled, working machine during that time. To the Big Guy that wrote the review throwing stones at the CIO, you've only been here for a short time. You did not see what he had to start with to get where the department is today. If you had been here longer and witnessed the changes and the decisions that have had to be made, perhaps you would be kinder. Our CIO frequently asks employees for their opinions and for their analysis of situations, and he really listens. Without his leadership, we would never have gotten so many systems installed in so many facilities in the past 4 years. It was a huge endeavor but everyone in IT can be proud of the successes of our department. We have a tremendous team of full-time employees and contractors that work in the department and in the company. We have some of the most talented and caring people that I've ever worked with (and I started in healthcare IT 30 years ago). We have each other's back and we all work very hard but we're a team (well, the majority of us are). Other employees frequently stop to offer help, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to help someone else in a heartbeat and that includes anyone at a hospital. We have the utmost respect for the employees of the hospitals and for what they do on a daily basis. That's the environment in IT&S at LifePoint. The company culture is one of compassion and honesty. No company is perfect but I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

There are still a few employees who prefer to throw stones anonymously than to stand up and give their opinion out loud and then get back to work and be a part of the team. Yes, we work a lot of long, hard hours and could use more help but then we have to be good stewards of the monies that the hospitals work so hard to make.

Please don't let the culture change when we move to the new building. Remember to be good stewards in all things. And to the CIO--thank you for what you've done for IT&S and for LifePoint.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spent 6+ yrs as a Registered Nurse in the geriatric psychiatric unit.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Had a great work experience with co-workers that worked hard to provide good safe care to the patients that were admitted to us.

Cons

Staff was not supported when there were high risk patients.

Recognize that providing safe care to patients starts with supporting staff.

The absolute worst experience in twenty years as an IT professional.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros, unless you are a total incompetent in the area of Information Technology. If so, you will find a home at LifePoint, so long as you make certain to join the sycophantic posers in upper management in operations, whose lack of skill, experience, and intelligence will deflect scrutiny away from your incompetence.

Cons

Upper management is out of control. The board is apparently oblivious to the fact that millions have been squandered because of the ineptitude of the CIO, and of the contracting firms he has brought in, a CIO who has abdicated managing and decision making and who has sold LifePoint down the river to his cronies at Dell.

Listen to the few remaining employees who have actually managed an enterprise environment, dump incompetent contractors turned directors, and security officers who don't even recognize the idiocy of emailing account name and password in one clear text message.

Unappreciated hard work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The hard working associates, PTO, ESL Benefits, and a sample of a pay check

Cons

I have always worked very hard (with excellent reviews) at many different jobs in my 50 years of employment. I have have been appreciated least with this organization than any other; Example: An annual pay raise of "1 %" while we perform the work of three people to earn the "Mega Bucks" to pay a non-caring "Upper Management"

Wake up and listen to your associates, "They have made you & They can break you!"
    Clean up your management practices! After all, what is your "Code of Conduct Standards?"

Cannot be trusted

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are no Pros for this hospital. Administration is clueless.....

Cons

This company allows the hospitals it manages to lie to their employees about self insured policy coverage. A detailed policy was never given to the employees. All of the deductibles are not listed. If you have to use a non Lifepoint hospital it will only cover 50% not 80%. This information is given to the employees upfront but the employees are never given the list of procedures that they cannot have outside Lifepoint. No one has the same health problems. The human body is different for each person. Just because one employee had back surgery at a Lifepoint facility doesn't mean another employee can have the same surgery at a Lifepoint facility. They may require a Specialist at a larger hospital. The employees are not told they need referrals and permission from HR or Administration prior to having the procedure. So the employee is stuck with a hospital bill for thousands of dollars after their appeal is denied by Lifepoint. You are basically penalize for not paying Lifepoint twice!

Stop lying to employees to gain profit from self insured policies!!!!!

One of the most regretful, miserable periods of time in my career.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Russellville, AL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Russellville, AL

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met some wonderful patients, in Russellville AL.

Cons

They treat their employees like their just warm bodies just to fill the void, RN's due to budget cuts we were made to do every job except go down stairs and cook breakfast.Most nurses were to busy charting instead of taking care of the actual patient.The ratio of patients to Nurse was ridiculous, and you did not dare ask for one ounce of help or you would be called lazy. I don't feel you can give a patient proper treatment if you are to busy worrying about taking care of 6 patients at one time.Charge nurses sit at the desk and play on their phones, read magazines, and gossip instead of being a proper leader. Bullying and backbiting is allowed, and basically promoted. If you ever did go to the manager about a private issue the whole staff knew about it before you walked out the door. Experience competence, and education is not not why nurses received promotions, it was mostly you social status and how much butt you can kiss. Education and CEUs there is a joke. basically you sit at a computer and read, and someone actually gets paid to teach that. No wonder the lack of competence is so high.

Get rid of the current management and HR at Russellville Hospital in Alabama and bring in new staff, because as you have seen from the past owners nothing has changed in years. Financial or management style. This hospital will always be a embarrassment for our community, until you remove the old and put in the new.

Great experience in healthcare

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn about the various pieces of the healthcare industry
    Company focus on hospital in locations that may not have the opportunity for quality care

Cons

Changing regulatory environment
    Large company so communication is often difficult

patient/nurses beware.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Livingston, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Livingston, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

it is a payceck. that is all.

Cons

no respect or valuing of competency, underequipped, archaic unfriendly computer system, culture of intimidation among management. patients die due to lack of fundamental care such as medication. nurses are blamed for errors that are fundamentally a result of impossible unrealistic management expectations. Gross understaffing. Complete disregard for common sense solutions. nurses beware. patients beware.

join the peace corps or a monestary and make peace with god.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!