LifeQuotes.com

1.7

Robert Bland
1 Rating

Great place to work at.

I worked at LifeQuotes.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All of the people are very nice. You learn a lot about life insurance broking and management coaches you all the way.

Cons

Office culture is very boring. People do not seem like they want to be there every day. Very strict about taking a 30 minute lunch break.

Interact with employees more.

Apr 4, 2014Founder and CEO

Dear Anonymous Former Employee,

I'm Bob Bland, Founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com.
    Thank you for your feedback and honesty. I'll try to interact more with all of our employees one-on-one and in

The same Call Center mentality

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Darien, IL
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Darien, IL

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You control the hours you work, but you really need to work 50-60 hours a week. Work from home. Technology wise they continue to make improvements.

Cons

It takes 9-18 months(not 3-6mos) to to build a working pipeline that will generate, maybe $45k a year. No benefits at all, you pay for all your licenses and E&O insurance and payroll taxes. Fresh leads are few, they always say there are 11,0000 fresh leads in their lead bank which have been called many times over the last 6 months. This is sales and they do a great job at selling a high income position.

Keep the same approach to hiring people, because there is still a lot people unemployed and desparate for smoe income.

May 6, 2014Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com. Thank you very much for posting your opinions but there must be some mistake.
    Please see our HR Director as we offer full benefits to all
    ... More

Why does this place exist? We have the internet

Former Employee - Account Executive in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Darien, IL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can learn a lot about life insurance. You'll quickly build the ability to succeed on your own.

Cons

money is no guarantee, immense micromanagement, company is falling apart.

Mar 30, 2014Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com and just now noticed your 2013 review. This is March 2014. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are celebrating our 30th year in ... More

LIES & DECEIT

Former Employee - Remote Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Remote Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can quit as soon as you realize that you have been taken for a fool. Hope that you get out before you are in too far.

Cons

Commitments are all slanted one way. YOU COMMIT, but you get no commitments. You are expected to work plenty, but because arbitrary ratios are put on your performance ratios, you end up not getting paid what you thought you were promised!!! You think you have some control, but you do not.

Beware the Dept. of Labor and the Better Business Bureau.

Mar 30, 2014Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com and just now noticed your 2012 review. This is March 2014. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are celebrating our 30th year in ... More

Stressful, unrewarding with compensation and benefits below industry standard

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woodridge, IL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

Training is thorough and professional.

Cons

Sales staff is poorly treated by the numerous levels of management who do little but draw a paycheck from this company. Compensation and benefits are below industry standard. Responsibilities and minimum performance levels are ever changing and almost always increasing. When a large number of the sales support and recruiting staff were let go in late 2009, the bulk of their work became the responsibility of the sales staff. Sales goals for the sales staff were not adjusted for the increased workload and sales staff was not additionally compensated for the extra workload.

Eliminating sales support people whose work enables Sales talent to do what they do best (which is sell) was a foolish and shortsighted strategy. Hire and train competent support staff and recruiters or the Sales talent you do have will find work elsewhere.

Hi,
    I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com and just now noticed your 2011 review. This is March 2014. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are celebrating our 30th year in
    ... More

I wouldn't recommend Life Quotes as a viable way to make a living.

Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Allows you to work from home.

Cons

Every changing commission structure. Do not allow you enough time before making changes to commission plan.

Constant turnover in staff is a sign of a poor business model. Work on compensating current sales team appropriately to develop the agents with talent. Based on current compensation levels, it appears the management is more interested in keeping money in their own pockets than compensating sales agents fairly. Support staff is adequate, not particularily talented or friendly to sales staff. Company could benefit from putting more emphasis on team work.

Mar 30, 2014Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com and just now noticed your 2012 review. Our Darien-based staff turnover is almost at zero and has been for years. Our old commission agent model ... More

HORRIBLE LIARS

Current Employee - Outside Agent

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com full-time

Pros

There are no advantages to working at Life Quotes

Cons

Company provides you with a contract to tease you and get you excited about the idea of making great money, then just days before training, they send you a revised contract changing their income and terms. By the time I already spent nearly $2,000 in non-resident licenses, it was too late!

RUN AN HONEST BUSINESS AND MAYBE YOU WON'T HAVE SO MUCH TURNOVER!!!

Mar 30, 2014Founder and CEO

Ok- if you've never sold life insurance before. SEE ALSO INSURE.COM review. They are the same company.

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

more leads than you ever thought existed, propsects are well educated about life insurance so you don't have to sell them on the idea! Case managers manage the applications. Delivery team mails out the policy.

Cons

very time consuming process to sell the policies. Mgt keeps changing the comp plan. Since it's always to the company's advantage, this makes them appear GREEDY!!
    Case managers also sell policies so they're not working your cases as hard as they should. Delivery team is not well versed in life policies so you don't always know that the policy has been issued as requested.

Pay your agents better and stop taking advantage of them. The ones who write like fools are fools for sticking with you. It is smart that you keep them so busy. They don't have a moment to look up and realize that you're taking in 70% of the premium written + a nice volume bonus that in some cases tops 20% !! There are much better options out there for the experienced agent- don't ever forget that!!

Very Bad Experience

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

Being able to work from home. The home/work balance. Talking with people from all over the US is a great experience.

Cons

Very difficult to get paid. You spend a whole lot of money to get licensed and set up and then because of not meeting one out of the many criteria they keep all of your pay check.

I've worked there for about 7 months. Would not recommend it to anyone. If you can sell insurance anywhere else do it, you will have a better experience.

There is no support from the staff and you are your own salesperson, submissions specialists and underwriting technician.

If you can babysit 75 policies from start to finish, to paid start your own business! Here they just set expectations, fire you and hire the next round.

They need to stop the micro management and let the agents sell Insurance

Nightmare

Former Employee - Outside Agent
    Former Employee - Outside Agent

I worked at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

Ability to schedule your own hours

Cons

Constantly changing commission matrix. Slow to receive commission.

LifeQuotes.com Photos

LifeQuotes.com has a pleasant office
LifeQuotes.com reps have fun while working

+ Add Photo