LifeScan

Add Photos

LifeScan President Valerie Asbury

Valerie Asbury

customer service

ProsI think its a great company

ConsI think its a great company

Not a good time for Lifescan

Senior Product Director (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsThere are great people in the trenches, free coffee, great customers. Good J&J benefits: healthcare, 401k match, pension, e-store, standing workstations, etc.

ConsMicromanaging upper management, weak pipeline, slow processes, shrinking budgets, issues with Medicare reimbursement caused major cost cutting.

Great first internship as a High School Student

IT Intern (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCulture was great in the IT department. I got to meet a decent amount of people who are determined in their fields.Seems to be many opportunities to move across Lifescan and J&J itself.

ConsAs a High School student they couldn't expect much from me. There was also a lack of work for me to do and often times I didn't do much. The stipend was close to nothing but at a high school level I couldn't expect much.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Started well but declined

ProsGood reputation, under Johnson & Johnson umbrella, good company benefits

ConsSeems to have lost some of its focus, innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many chiefs making decisions and losing a lot of the community aspect that used to make this a great company to work for. Seems like the company focuses a lot more on fixing problems rather than preventing them in the first place.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Educational, great learning and building experience.

Tech Support (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsThey were willing to do what was necessary to ensure there was consumate teamwork within the organization by means of training, teambuilding, etc.

ConsThey fall into the issues of many Hi tech companies in the cut throat nature of lay offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview better statistics about what is working well in the organization in order to focus there as a means to not continue to do business that will fare poorly and eventually lead to collapse.

Fun place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSurrounded by years of experience.

ConsSubsidary being swallowed by headquarters and a big company reorganization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with reorganization.

Great company in the field of diabetes care

ProsPart of JnJ family of companies. It has global presence and is among the market leaders in most of the markets in the field of diabetes management.

JnJ provides opportunities for growth and learning. Salaries and benefits are good and people in the company are nice.

ConsThe innovation happens at a slower rate probably because its a regulated industry. The reimbursement in many markets is decreasing for strips which is a cause of concern for the business to remain in the family of JnJ companies. The business needs to grow fast otherwise JnJ may divest it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to higher management is to invest in innovation and R&D. Start taking risks to launch new products. Be more ambitious and equip the marketing team to be more innovative and modern.

Rough times

ProsLots of responsibility depending on where you are

ConsPoor execution and lack of follow through

Great Company for a first internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Worked as an intern under a manager/mentor that offered guidance and tips
    -Friendly company atmosphere

Cons-Low fixed stipend
    -Sometimes had to do menial typical intern tasks such as organizing files and folders

Good people, Old Fashion

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsPeople are very friendly and pleasant to be around. The pay is great and they have full benefits.

ConsA lot of ambiguity. It takes a long time to get anything done in the home office, a lot of the people in home office work together on teams but everyone on the team is not aligned or does not know what other team members are working on. They stress work life balance but in the field it is long hours and a lot of road time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structure for home office employees, make sure people are held accountable for project deadlines so they are not taking a bunch of "work from home days" and accomplishing nothing. Let the field know what is going on more often, the communication in home office is never aligned to the field.

Worked for LifeScan? Contribute to the Community!