LifeScript

Add Photos

Ron Caporale

Best Company Ever

Temporary Data Input (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsI LOVED working here. I worked under the Marketing VP and he was an excellent individual to work for. Very flexible with the hours, very understanding of my medical needs, and extremely patient with even the most..erm..unwilling of staff. I was employed as a temp at the Mission Viejo location and was extremely pleased with my overall experience. There's nothing better than good leadership. Plus, lots of free snacks :P

ConsThe only thing I didn't like was the annoying girl who sat behind me, but I realize that her cattiness isn't a reflection of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

OC Standard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat concept, product, idea. Started as a women's vitamin subscription -- might not be a bad idea to bring that back.

ConsToo formal. Orange County. Company Culture. Older Crowd.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're an internet company, explore the other ones out there to get a vibe for culture.

This is not a place you want to work

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsNot in home office, ability to make good friends with others going through the same situation. Decent traffic and content on site.

ConsAwful management, abusive, outright rude. Inability to treat others with respect and earn respect from employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet trained on how to run a company, keep employees and overall job satisfaction. You want people to work there because they want to , not because they have to .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can't be trusted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood location
    Good media field (health)
    If you're cool with being a 9 to 5 lackey, have fun

ConsCan't believe anything management says
    Basically run by the older investor who has his two kids running around creating havoc because they've never worked for anyone except their rich daddy

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your CTO and COO - do you really expect to be treated like a real company by your partners and customers? Everybody knows that nepotism is not a business strategy.

Worst Experience I have every had

Sales & Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsNice people in my office

ConsAwful management, abusive and outright rude

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat people like humans

Create place to start your career but not long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsSmall company with co-workers taking notice of skill. Laid back environment.

ConsNo innovation. Executives need crash course on how to run a business and user experience. Spam ads enthusiastically.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using ads and email as a base for money, learn to see what's out that is new and learn to adapt.

Stay away from this turkey!

Ad Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey have a good product and audience...women's health and wellness. Good Editor in Chief and some other good support staff. This company could be successful with the right leadership.

ConsI worked for this train wreck in ad sales several years ago. Treated poorly. Very high turnover in ad sales causes much confusion in the market place and internally. Were it not for this, they could be generating much more revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew senior management and sales leadership.

Excellent place to work

Prossome key people make this place really amazing
    work life balance is great
    Fun and challenging
    they're moving up the right people

Consdress code is too formal, a little old fashioned for a .com

A few hundred fries short of a Happy Meal.

Manager (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsThere are a lot of free snacks in the office. Regularly held "biggest loser" competitions for weight loss. Front row designated parking for the upper management. Most of those that held less prestigious titles were cool and good people.

ConsThe high leadership made work-life almost unbearable. There is a school for the mentally challenged right across the street from the office. I often wondered if some of those students escaped and came to become the leadership of Lifescript.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and stop using fear as a form of management.

Not happy - Would not recommend - Poor Management

(Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsFree bottles of water and unhealthy snacks. Close to decent restaurants.

ConsBunch of 'Bobs' and Lumbergh's (Office Space) running around (Upper mgmt). Very chaotic environment. CEO complains about everything like a nagging baby. Must wear nice dress clothes to work even though the CEO rolls in jeans most of the time. A lot of talking behind backs. High turnover IMO.

Advice to Senior ManagementEthics training and management courses. Employee encouragement/ opportunities for growth.

Worked for LifeScript? Contribute to the Community!