LifeWay Christian Resources

www.lifeway.com

LifeWay Christian Resources Reviews in Nashville, TN

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Thom S. Rainer

Pros
  • Great people to work with at LifeWay; there is an atmosphere of continuous improvement; benefits are competitive(in 8 reviews)

• Good benefits, great co-workers, nice, safe facility(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, raises are few and far between(in 8 reviews)

• Upper management is steering this ship in the wrong direction(in 3 reviews)

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Encouraging and fulfilling.

Song Publishing (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsFirst, the employees at LifeWay are Christian minded and show that through their work and how they treat other employees. The mission of LifeWay is to provide for churches the best way possible and that is easily seen in all areas of the company.

ConsDownsizing and job security are cons of LifeWay but that seems to be the norm of most corporate jobs today.

My experience at LifeWay Christian Resources has been intentional and fulfilled in all purposes of a summer internship.

Adult Events (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe best parts of working as an intern is the supportive atmosphere where I feel comfortable voicing my opinion and it feels valued. Another great aspect of LifeWay is the amount of opportunities to see and help create new things. Since the company is so large, I am able to watch new processes and learn so many new skills that I would not have otherwise learned.

ConsI honestly cannot think of any cons of working at LifeWay. My experience here has been exceptional.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your review. We value YOU and your input.

inspiring, growth, learning, good experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

Prospeople are nice and genuine, want you to grow, great work-life balance, nice environment

Conshard to get to know people outside of department, didn't get to interact much with upper managment

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My summer working at LifeWay was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Adult Ministry Training (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI love the people that I work with. There is a positive atmosphere that can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit. It's exciting to be a direct part of the ministry that goes on here. I know that I can trust the leadership here. The laid-back work environment makes this company stand out from others. Our motivation is so much more than a pay-check.

ConsAs a Christian, it can be easy to get caught up in the LifeWay bubble. Working in events, you get to really be a part of the mission of LifeWay, but I can see that it would be difficult to keep in the mission in mind working in other departments where you don't see the effects.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really love this place. I have never had such a positive work experience.

Inspiring mission and purpose.

Human Resources (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsLifeWay is currently undergoing a transformation which is striving to find balance between growth of the business with the mission - Providing Biblical Solutions for Life. It is amazing when you realize that that the resources and tools we provide have an eternal impact.

ConsThere is an overall challenge of ensuring we are focused on the mission of the organization while also ensuring we are good stewards of the financial resources that are required to fulfill the mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to break down silos, instilling a sense of urgency and creating an inclusive environment. Look for opportunities to eliminate the old regimented culture that let policies make too many decisions. There still seems to be too much red tape and bureaucracy that gets in the way of doing the right thing. A thought might be to hold a contest asking employees to submit ideas for silo busting and policies and then empower employees to figure out how to bring their ideas to life.

Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It is a wonderful Christian organization as well as work place.

Department Assistant (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI love LifeWay's mission statement. Our mission is to help and to serve. LifeWay is not only a business, it is a ministry. Working at LifeWay helps you to know that what you do matters and that you're making a difference.

ConsI can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementPray for each other and for LifeWay that others will see and hear Christ in all that we say and do.

Jun 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know your feedback is very important to us and will be evaluated accordingly.

I have grown so much professionally and personally while building some long-lasting relationships.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsIt is a great Christian environment. I really appreciate starting our meetings with prayer. I have built many long-lasting friendships with co-workers. Many great benefits provided.

ConsThere are lots of changes going on throughout the company that it is sometimes hard to keep up with everything. At times, it feels like we are told how things are going to be rather than leadership getting our input prior to making changes that will impact us.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen making changes, consider including people in meetings that those changes will impact. It feels like we are continually told what we aren't doing right or what we need to improve on. It would be nice to hear what the company appreciates about the employees and their work.

Jun 30, 2014

Solid Company

Human Resources Staff Member (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsA Christian company that clearly communicates to employees that providing Biblical solutions for life is the purpose of it's existence. Is very people oriented in putting true effort toward taking care of customers and employees. In general have a community of authentic and agreeable employees.

ConsWhile focusing on the big picture of LifeWay's mission is important to each employee's motivation to work here, it can be misinterpreted that LifeWay doesn't operate like a business that needs to make savvy choices to continue doing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on even more clear communication within each division and to all employees as a whole. The greater each employee's understanding of the company as a whole and their role in it, the greater their ownership and commitment.

Jun 25, 2014

I am thankful to work at LifeWay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsOverall, I believe LifeWay is a company with Christian values and we have great benefits! There are many good people working here! Meetings are opened with prayer. Some pros are the free parking downtown, paid sick time & vacation, good medical insurance, a cafe on site, employee discounts, and strong friendships made! Co-workers generally care about you & your family, as family is highly valued. (Plus, it’s in a terrific location downtown within walking distance of many fun lunch spots!)
    I have learned so much from my time working here at LifeWay. I’ve had excellent managers who have cared and taught me so much. I am thankful to God for my job at LifeWay!

ConsGenerally, there is a big chasm between managers/leadership and support staff. I see the "higher-ups" get paid the big bucks while the support staff employees are paid at a low rate, and barely any cost-of-living raise each year. This is a big deal! Salary concerns, and fair & decent pay for my loyalty, hard work, experience, and knowledge, are the reasons I personally am often tempted to look for employment elsewhere. Also, I have seen many cases of new hires/promotions all due to “who you know.” I think the pros and cons of working at LifeWay vary greatly by which division one is in. Hardly any contact with upper management, just direct manager.

Jul 14, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know your feedback is very important to us and will be evaluated accordingly.

Great Ministry

Associate (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsWonderful people to work with. Good benefit options. Different job opportunities throughout the organization. Christ-centered doing Kingdom work.

ConsStill operating on a business model, so layoffs, budget cuts, etc. are still a factor. Forced change is often rapid and not communicated well. Other aspects are very slow to change and hinder our ability to overcome an outdated image.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need someone in charge of marketing/branding from the top down - to unify branding across the organization. We need less separation between the individual contributors and management at all levels.

Jul 14, 2014

Worked for LifeWay Christian Resources? Contribute to the Community!