LifeWay Christian Resources Reviews

Thom S. Rainer

1. LifeWay graphic design

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with a positive atmosphere and plenty of collaboration

Cons

Creativity is often stifled in fear of offending so makes it hard to be overly innovative.

Aug 26, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. It is always encouraging to know that everyone that works for LifeWay plays a part in carrying out our mission and by working together we can make a bigger impact.

2. Good missional purpose

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time

Pros

Recognition the historic model needs to change significantly to remain viable

Cons

Resources far exceed revenue stream - continued downsizing likely

Mar 2, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback.

3. A great Christian Publishing Not for Profit Organization.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation back in the day but not with the current changes. A solid company that has great benefits. Encouraged to engage the customer, which in Church Resource Division is the local church. Very focused on the organization vision and mission.

Cons

Office culture is difficult unless you are in the inner circle with the VP. If you are a pastor and 25, you'll have a better chance of being a good fit.

Oct 27, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all that you do to help LifeWay carry out is mission for providing "Biblical Solutions For Life".

5. Encouraging and fulfilling.

Current Intern - Song Publishing in Nashville, TN
    Current Intern - Song Publishing in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

First, the employees at LifeWay are Christian minded and show that through their work and how they treat other employees. The mission of LifeWay is to provide for churches the best way possible and that is easily seen in all areas of the company.

Cons

Downsizing and job security are cons of LifeWay but that seems to be the norm of most corporate jobs today.

Jul 24, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you find that the work you do is fulfilling. You are helping LifeWay carry out the mission of the company and we thank you for all that you do.

6. My experience at LifeWay Christian Resources has been intentional and fulfilled in all purposes of a summer internship.

Current Intern - Adult Events in Nashville, TN
    Current Intern - Adult Events in Nashville, TN

Pros

The best parts of working as an intern is the supportive atmosphere where I feel comfortable voicing my opinion and it feels valued. Another great aspect of LifeWay is the amount of opportunities to see and help create new things. Since the company is so large, I am able to watch new processes and learn so many new skills that I would not have otherwise learned.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons of working at LifeWay. My experience here has been exceptional.

Jul 22, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We value YOU and your input.

7. My summer working at LifeWay was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Current Intern - Adult Ministry Training in Nashville, TN
    Current Intern - Adult Ministry Training in Nashville, TN

Pros

I love the people that I work with. There is a positive atmosphere that can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit. It's exciting to be a direct part of the ministry that goes on here. I know that I can trust the leadership here. The laid-back work environment makes this company stand out from others. Our motivation is so much more than a pay-check.

Cons

As a Christian, it can be easy to get caught up in the LifeWay bubble. Working in events, you get to really be a part of the mission of LifeWay, but I can see that it would be difficult to keep in the mission in mind working in other departments where you don't see the effects.

I really love this place. I have never had such a positive work experience.

Jul 31, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We are glad to learn that your summer experience was one of the best. We would like to thank you for the contributions that you have made during your time with us... "Thank you!"

8. inspiring, growth, learning, good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

people are nice and genuine, want you to grow, great work-life balance, nice environment

Cons

hard to get to know people outside of department, didn't get to interact much with upper managment

Jul 22, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

9. A friendly workplace and great experience overall.

Current Intern - FUGE Camps Financial in Nashville, TN
    Current Intern - FUGE Camps Financial in Nashville, TN

Pros

I came to LifeWay for a summer internship, and it has been informative experience and insightful look into the company's Christian culture. The leadership at LifeWay really stresses what is the heart of this company, which to be a ministry to churches and believers. It is to strive to create "Biblical solutions for life," and I am proud to be a part of company with that vision.

Cons

LifeWay can sometimes feel like it is divided strictly between the office work/business side of the company and the outer face of church partnerships in Christian ministry. It can feel like there is the "work work," and then the "spiritual work."

Reach out to lower-level employees personally more often. There seems to be a barrier where the top leadership is vastly "above" the others, with their publications and videos on display for all the visitors and other employees. I feel like it creates a gap which in my opinion does not reflect the Biblical description of Christian leadership found in verses such as the second half of Philippians 2:3.

Jul 31, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and for the value that you add to LifeWay. We appreciate your suggestions and will share your thoughts with our leadership team.

Pretty Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

LifeWay has incredible people. The benefits are great and it's a really great environment to work in. Mostly everyone is very helpful when you are new and don't know things.

Cons

There are not many opportunities for career growth at LifeWay. Salary is okay for people that are on the bottom half of the latter. Sometimes you will inherit work from people that have been let go with not salary increase or change in your job description. A lot of work for certain positions.

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. LifeWay is blessed with great employees and amazing benefits. We anticipate God's blessings as we are approaching a new year. Career development is a opportunity that ... More

So so.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

I've remained at LifeWay because of it's purpose.

Cons

Employees are not valued or appreciated.

Employees need to be valued for LifeWay to achieve the kind of success we've had in the past.

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Our vision of providing Biblical Solutions For Life is carried out with the help of all of our employees. We thank you for your hard work and dedication. Please know that ... More

LifeWay Christian Resources Photos