Lifebooker Reviews

Arnold Reichman

1. It's not for everyone

Former Employee - Customer Experience
    Former Employee - Customer Experience

I worked at Lifebooker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

snacks
    good pay
    company outings
    incentives
    office culture

Cons

office culture (segregation of diff departments if you don't easily get along with people, it's not for you)
    company ethics in regards to policies for loot deals and relationships with businesses

2. Going down fast

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the basics everyone says. Dog friendly, nice location.
    The family that owns the business is really nice

Cons

No direction.
    Cliquey backstabbing managers
    The head of sales

Advice to Management

Unless the owners can come up with a roadmap for the company that makes sense it's just not going to work. I would Sell the company now while there's still money left over to give us severance packages.

3. Great People, Flailing Company.

Current Employee - Sales in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers all young and energetic. Company outings, dog friendly, cool neighborhood, decent benefits.

Cons

-The company is never stable.
    -High turnover
    - There is always gossip and conversations of how long it will remain open.
    - Upper sales manager is unapproachable and not a people person. The wrong personality type to be leading a sales team.
    - Upper management has favorites and you are screwed if you fall out of favor or are not one of the favorites.
    - Product offering and strategies change so often that no one knows what they are selling. Many businesses/clients have called it a scam.

5. Disappointing management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Lifebooker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, laid back, dog-friendly. Good start up vibe.

Cons

Not sure the owners are the best people to be running this company. They seemed to be clueless about long term strategy of the company. They only encouraged personal growth if it met their immediate needs. Things may have changed since then but I suspect any success they've had can be attributed to help they've brought in.

6. Need to settle on Roadmap

I worked at Lifebooker

Pros

They are a few key individuals who have their head in the right place. Smart individuals and hard-working.

Cons

Business decisions lack justification. Company needs to settle on what their goals are, and focus on one product and do it right. Unfortunately the senior leadership can be inept, indecisive, and not understanding of what it takes to bring the company to the next level.

Advice to Management

The company is small, so false promises, misdirection, and manipulation should not be a tactic here. Everyone talks and knows what you are telling others.

7. Great company to work for

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time

Pros

Great team, open to new ideas, professional yet relaxed office culture with perks such as snacks, beverages, & company parties. Dog-friendly office. Excellent health care and competitive salaries. Room to grow and evolve your role depending on what you put into it. Owners are very understanding of life/work balance and are very generous by nature. If there is an HR issue, it is handled with complete discretion and office politics kept to a minimum.

Cons

Some ideas/changes are slow to implement, while others are fast. Whi

8. Not a very good place to work

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is cool. Nice neighborhood. There are a few good people at the office. There's a really good coffee place right down the street.

Cons

I see these reviews. I can tell you right now that anything without serious cons is fake. I speak to these people every day and nobody likes it here. Plus the whole industry is going down the drain so they're trying to automate away our jobs. All the really talented management has left and has been replaced but cut rate wannabes.

Advice to Management

Sell as soon as you can.

9. Happy to be a part of the Lifebooker Team

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Compensation - The compensation is fair. You can make commission on top of you base, depending on how hard your work, which is pretty great.

--Work Life Balance - The W/L balance is there and very doable at LB. Our standard hours are 10am-6/7pm, and many days will be longer to accomplish what needs to be done for the day.

--Office Culture & Leadership - Both the culture and leadership has made all the difference working her. LB has recruited some really talented and genuine people through their doors and they have always focused on creating an atmosphere that their employees could look forward to each day. The leadership at Lifebooker welcomes questions and wants to help their employees be better at what they do. They expect a lot out of their employees, but hard work is very much recognized and celebrated. Having come from the corporate world where there was less emphasis on office culture and valuing employees for hard work -- it was a breath of fresh air to join the Lifebooker team.

Cons

-- Internal Communication - communication between the various departments can be tricky with so many moving parts.
    -- Understaffed - Our accounting and tech teams are understaffed.

Advice to Management

--Ongoing Peer to Peer program - Set up an ongoing peer mentoring program to help new hires grow and get better at their role. Hold quick 1 on 1 meetings with other MS in other cities to discuss challenges etc.

10. Great company. Even better people!

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that really cares about it's employees and their well-beings. Since I've been here, I've seen several of my co-workers get promoted or moved into a better-fitting position. Our benefits have been reworked, offering us even more coverage at minimal prices.

The people are really what make the job for me. In a small company its easy to feel as though the cliques are set, but not here. If you have a positive attitude and care about the company, you'll be welcomed with open arms!

Cons

The job, as any sales job is, can be stressful...but isn't the challenge why we're all here to begin with anyway?

Advice to Management

Continue to give out rewards/compliments to those who deserve it. It's really inspiring to the rest of us!

Great Opportunity if You're Willing to Work Hard

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment and dynamic between coworkers (casual dress code, snacks, birthday parties, dogs!)
    Promotes from within
    Encouraging, enthusiastic, and hardworking staff
    Management truly cares about their staff and what is in the best interest of the company as a whole
    Goals are challenging but realistic and attainable

Cons

No "ramp-up" period for those who are new to sales or switching markets. This means it may take some time to establish yourself as a sales person and make more money
    Things are constantly changing - you need to be flexible and open-minded

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the vision for the future of the company
    Help to facilitate better communication between departments