Lifebooker Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

3.2

Arnold Reichman

Great company to work for

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time

Pros

Great team, open to new ideas, professional yet relaxed office culture with perks such as snacks, beverages, & company parties. Dog-friendly office. Excellent health care and competitive salaries. Room to grow and evolve your role depending on what you put into it. Owners are very understanding of life/work balance and are very generous by nature. If there is an HR issue, it is handled with complete discretion and office politics kept to a minimum.

Cons

Some ideas/changes are slow to implement, while others are fast. Whi

It's not for everyone

Former Employee - Customer Experience
    Former Employee - Customer Experience

I worked at Lifebooker full-time for less than a year

Pros

snacks
    good pay
    company outings
    incentives
    office culture

Cons

office culture (segregation of diff departments if you don't easily get along with people, it's not for you)
    company ethics in regards to policies for loot deals and relationships with businesses

Disappointing management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Lifebooker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, laid back, dog-friendly. Good start up vibe.

Cons

Not sure the owners are the best people to be running this company. They seemed to be clueless about long term strategy of the company. They only encouraged personal growth if it met their immediate needs. Things may have changed since then but I suspect any success they've had can be attributed to help they've brought in.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need to settle on Roadmap

I worked at Lifebooker

Pros

They are a few key individuals who have their head in the right place. Smart individuals and hard-working.

Cons

Business decisions lack justification. Company needs to settle on what their goals are, and focus on one product and do it right. Unfortunately the senior leadership can be inept, indecisive, and not understanding of what it takes to bring the company to the next level.

The company is small, so false promises, misdirection, and manipulation should not be a tactic here. Everyone talks and knows what you are telling others.

Not a very good place to work

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO is cool. Nice neighborhood. There are a few good people at the office. There's a really good coffee place right down the street.

Cons

I see these reviews. I can tell you right now that anything without serious cons is fake. I speak to these people every day and nobody likes it here. Plus the whole industry is going down the drain so they're trying to automate away our jobs. All the really talented management has left and has been replaced but cut rate wannabes.

Sell as soon as you can.

Happy to be a part of the Lifebooker Team

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for more than a year

Pros

--Compensation - The compensation is fair. You can make commission on top of you base, depending on how hard your work, which is pretty great.

--Work Life Balance - The W/L balance is there and very doable at LB. Our standard hours are 10am-6/7pm, and many days will be longer to accomplish what needs to be done for the day.

--Office Culture & Leadership - Both the culture and leadership has made all the difference working her. LB has recruited some really talented and genuine people through their doors and they have always focused on creating an atmosphere that their employees could look forward to each day. The leadership at Lifebooker welcomes questions and wants to help their employees be better at what they do. They expect a lot out of their employees, but hard work is very much recognized and celebrated. Having come from the corporate world where there was less emphasis on office culture and valuing employees for hard work -- it was a breath of fresh air to join the Lifebooker team.

Cons

-- Internal Communication - communication between the various departments can be tricky with so many moving parts.
    -- Understaffed - Our accounting and tech teams are understaffed.

--Ongoing Peer to Peer program - Set up an ongoing peer mentoring program to help new hires grow and get better at their role. Hold quick 1 on 1 meetings with other MS in other cities to discuss challenges etc.

Great company. Even better people!

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that really cares about it's employees and their well-beings. Since I've been here, I've seen several of my co-workers get promoted or moved into a better-fitting position. Our benefits have been reworked, offering us even more coverage at minimal prices.

The people are really what make the job for me. In a small company its easy to feel as though the cliques are set, but not here. If you have a positive attitude and care about the company, you'll be welcomed with open arms!

Cons

The job, as any sales job is, can be stressful...but isn't the challenge why we're all here to begin with anyway?

Continue to give out rewards/compliments to those who deserve it. It's really inspiring to the rest of us!

Great People, Great Environment, Great Pay... Amazing Experience

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work here make all the difference. Lifebooker offers the opportunity to work with a special group of people that are incredibly smart, fun-loving, and supportive beyond belief. The friendships and mentorships you will develop at Lifebooker are truly what make the job great. The ability to be compensated very generously based on your work ethic is amazing. The management team really cares about you and your future!!!

Cons

-hours can be long, but come on, you're in Sales , and they are really not that bad
    -sometimes stressful

All in all management is doing a great job to preserve the culture and help there employees grow

Great Opportunity if You're Willing to Work Hard

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome environment and dynamic between coworkers (casual dress code, snacks, birthday parties, dogs!)
    Promotes from within
    Encouraging, enthusiastic, and hardworking staff
    Management truly cares about their staff and what is in the best interest of the company as a whole
    Goals are challenging but realistic and attainable

Cons

No "ramp-up" period for those who are new to sales or switching markets. This means it may take some time to establish yourself as a sales person and make more money
    Things are constantly changing - you need to be flexible and open-minded

Continue to communicate the vision for the future of the company
    Help to facilitate better communication between departments

Love Lifebooker

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Lifebooker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, friendly, entrepreneurial environment
    Team atmosphere
    Hardworking staff
    Promotes from within
    Company communicates challenges as well as vision

Cons

I read some of these previous reviews and they don't line up with my ideas (or my co-workers' ideas) about the place I work. This seems like an angry person who just wants to rant. I'm pretty confused because if you ask around, most folks here are happy.

More company-wide meetings.
    More formalized reviews.

All in all I really enjoy working here and would like it to remain a fun and friendly environment.

Worked for Lifebooker? Contribute to the Community!