Lifetouch

Lifetouch Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Lifetouch Chairman and CEO Paul Harmel

Paul Harmel

Pros
  • working with kids and families, getting to do what I love (photography) (in 17 reviews)

• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of wear and tear on your vehicle that could be better compensated for (in 13 reviews)

• Taking 5% from peoples already low pay in order to buy other companies instead of taking stock in their employees (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun job, decent company and average pay

Photographer - School (Current Employee)

ProsPhotographers are paid $100 a day. Considering that some days end at 2:00 or earlier, this is a great seasonal job for some. It's fun to photograph the kids and work with school personnel.

ConsSome of the photogs just want to get in, take the pictures and get out quickly. If you are someone who CARES, you may run into lazy coworkers who just want to take the pictures quickly, in order to get home quickly. However, most employees are kind and professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more. Pay more for mileage reimbursement.

great employer

ProsI've been working for Lifetouch for 8 years, started as an associate moved into to management, lot of room for growth, pays good, paid holidays for full-time employees, paid vacation.

Consless than stellar insurance, sometimes hours aren't flexible

Large company that needs to fight to stay relevant

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsOutside Sales Flexibility, Many top managers at retirement ages, working with schools. If you are successful you are left alone and can pretty much make your own schedule.

ConsHigh turnover on corporate level, lack of operational training/ too many internal systems. Crazy early mornings, long days on the road driving between schools.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't become the next Kodak

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Best Job Ever!!!

Photographer & Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsI was trained to the point of being comfortable, as well as being let know that they were available for any help

ConsA lot of travelling, some odd hours, NO SUMMER WORK

Advice to Senior ManagementFor local employees without transportation, opurtunities should still be available

Great company!

Director (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsESOP, income potential, good culture

ConsIndustry challenges, long hours, stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementBe creative

Simple job, training provided and career advancement potential

Underclass Photographer (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsLifetouch is employee owned and they provide benefits after working there a certain amount of time. They provided paid training. The work is steady and easy to get overtime when you need it. Although is is seasonal, you can apply to work over the summer doing senior portraits.

ConsThe starting pay leaves something to be desired for all that you do. The hours can be unreliable sometimes. There is a lot of driving and although they give compensation for gas, it doesn't really cover maintenance or wear and tear on your car.

Fun job, low pay

Photographer - School (Former Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsEach day is different. Fun job. Great co-workers.

ConsLow pay for school photographers. Office staff gets paid more. Can be very stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your photographers!

It was fun, educational, stressful, tiring...a rollercoaster

Team Member (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat for college students, some of the guest were simply amazing. You get to see your work come to life and let your creativity come to life

ConsI had about 4 different managers in the 3+ years I was employed. The managers didn't treat team members well AT ALL!

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

good part time job

Photographer - School (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee owned company with a great employee stock ownership plan. Good company culture, management and coworkers. Workdays usually end early. Company pays for travel time and buys gas. Seasonal with much of May, June and July off.

ConsPart time and difficult to average more than about 20-25 hrs/wk. Days start early, sometimes with 6 - 6:30 start times preceded by an hour travel time. Seasonal means little or no income from this job in May, June and July.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer merit raises

I wish it were better

Photographer & Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsOkay pay.
    Get to take pictures of cute kids.

ConsThe parents that come to the studios are crazy because they are mostly moms. They think it's okay to come late for their appointments on busy days and then flip out on you for not being able to take them in.

The hours are horrible if you aren't a store manager... they only give the emplyees 0-13 hours a week and then put you on call all the other days, but the on call never happens so you sit around waiting everyday. They need to make the job more about the employees and not have the managers be the only one with hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working on making it so the managers aren't the only ones working most of the week. It's not right that there is additional employees only so that the managers can have 2 days off a week. Many employees end up not working at all or only a few hours a week.

Worked for Lifetouch? Contribute to the Community!