Lighthouse Computer Services

Tom Mrva

Review of Lighthouse Computer Services

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk Technician  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Helpdesk Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The Lighthouse Computer Service is very unique, innovative, and adaptive technology aware. The Lighthouse specializes in adaptive technology for the Visually Impaired and Blind community. The Lighthouse Computer Service stands as a huge landmark for those wish to return to work, college or those in need of college prep courses.

Cons

Due to previous budget constraints the Lighthouse has been forced to discontinue many of its supportive services, reduce its staff, and condense its offices. The budget changes has not only greatly affacted the constituents who attend the Lighthouse but it staff as well.

My advice to Management would be to please budget wisely. Place a close eye on extravagant personal/business expenditures. Merg with other companies to regain the financial strength that The Lighthouse has once had. Encourage more constituents to undergo much needed services; healthcare, education; employment services.

Lighthouse Computer Services Response

Jun 9, 2014Human Resources

Dear respondent – Lighthouse Computer Services is a RI based Information Technology firm and one of the most recognized and awarded IBM Business Partners offering hardware, software, consulting ... More

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encouragement and support to do things the right way. Working remotely has given me such a boost in productivity and job satisfaction that I don't think I could go back to a fixed location job again. The people are amazing from the top down. I have yet to interact with 1 person here that isn't easy to work with. This company is filled with people who just get things done without the overabundance of unnecessary meetings for the sake of meetings like so many companies have.

Cons

Honestly, I really cant think of a downside at all

The experience, knowledge and maturity of a large company with the cultural feel of a small entrepreneurial environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Support to do the best job your can do. Support to stay up to date in your field whether your an IT resource, Sales or Administrative Staff.

Cons

With a highly remote company, communication can sometime be a challenge but Lighthouse continues to work on it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Honest Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services

Pros

The management of the company is very employee focused. They consider each of their consultant as senior experts. They provide great packages.

Cons

This is a small company. They expect high performance from their consultants in order to be competitive. As opposed to larger firms, one bad team members can jeopardize the success of a project.

Keep your employee focused attitude. Keep doing whatever it takes to ensure customer satisfaction. Keep offering your employees a good work-life balance.

Worked for Lighthouse Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!