Lighthouse Computer Services

Add Photos

Lighthouse Computer Services President and CEO Tom Mrva

Tom Mrva

Review of Lighthouse Computer Services

IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe Lighthouse Computer Service is very unique, innovative, and adaptive technology aware. The Lighthouse specializes in adaptive technology for the Visually Impaired and Blind community. The Lighthouse Computer Service stands as a huge landmark for those wish to return to work, college or those in need of college prep courses.

ConsDue to previous budget constraints the Lighthouse has been forced to discontinue many of its supportive services, reduce its staff, and condense its offices. The budget changes has not only greatly affacted the constituents who attend the Lighthouse but it staff as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Management would be to please budget wisely. Place a close eye on extravagant personal/business expenditures. Merg with other companies to regain the financial strength that The Lighthouse has once had. Encourage more constituents to undergo much needed services; healthcare, education; employment services.

Flag Review
    Lighthouse Computer Services Human Resources responded to this review Jun 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Dear respondent – Lighthouse Computer Services is a RI based Information Technology firm and one of the most recognized and awarded IBM Business Partners offering hardware, software, consulting ... More

Best company I have ever worked for

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsEncouragement and support to do things the right way. Working remotely has given me such a boost in productivity and job satisfaction that I don't think I could go back to a fixed location job again. The people are amazing from the top down. I have yet to interact with 1 person here that isn't easy to work with. This company is filled with people who just get things done without the overabundance of unnecessary meetings for the sake of meetings like so many companies have.

ConsHonestly, I really cant think of a downside at all

The experience, knowledge and maturity of a large company with the cultural feel of a small entrepreneurial environment.

Lincoln, RI

ProsSupport to do the best job your can do. Support to stay up to date in your field whether your an IT resource, Sales or Administrative Staff.

ConsWith a highly remote company, communication can sometime be a challenge but Lighthouse continues to work on it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Honest Company

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsThe management of the company is very employee focused. They consider each of their consultant as senior experts. They provide great packages.

ConsThis is a small company. They expect high performance from their consultants in order to be competitive. As opposed to larger firms, one bad team members can jeopardize the success of a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employee focused attitude. Keep doing whatever it takes to ensure customer satisfaction. Keep offering your employees a good work-life balance.

Worked for Lighthouse Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lighthouse Computer Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lighthouse Computer Services CEO Tom Mrva. All reviews posted anonymously by Lighthouse Computer Services employees.