Likeable Media

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Likeable Media CEO Carrie Kerpen

Carrie Kerpen

So likeable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing culture, transparency, core values. Lots of cool events. Amazing people to work with. Work hard play hard. Great clients that really get social media.

ConsHard work. Fairly competitive pay but could be better. High expectations. Staff is a bit on the young side.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thinking big!

Good place to work

ProsThey care about their employees and the product they're producing

ConsSome people feel that the culture isn't what it used to, but I find the growth to be positive

Fun place to work

Associate Community Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLaid back atmosphere, friendly coworkers, interesting clients

ConsSmall agency, somewhat frequent client turnover

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What you see isn't always what you get

ProsGreat start up company with a lot of passion. Great culture, people are friends within and outside of the company. Young and entrepreneurial environment. If you like being a big fish in a small pond this is a good place.

ConsA lot of recent changes in upper management, Still waiting it out to see if it's for the best. Upper management not the best at being good leader, are more concerned with being your "friend". Start up mentality, means it can get scrappy with the employees having to wear many hats and working late.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to make so many changes, it worries and frightens the employees and doesn't instill confidence in you.

I'm very happy that I work at Likeable Media

Community Director (Current Employee)

Pros*People
    *Culture
    *Flexibility
    *Ability to move vertically and horizontal
    *Leadership
    *Structure

ConsYou may make less money working at an agency than you might working in-house somewhere. But overall, the career potential, learning, and support you get at Likeable outweighs that.

Do What You Like, Like What You Do.

Creative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros- Employees are young, fun and full of energy.
    - If you're hungry, want to learn and help shape a fast growing company...this is a place for you.
    - Constantly challenging - always trying to come up with the next big idea while juggling workloads.
    - Good work/life balance.
    - - Management is invested in making every employee's experience Likeable and are very approchable.
    - A very Likeable culture. Sports leagues, team retreats, happy hours, & special interest forums led by employees.

Cons- Support is there but you need to be proactive.
    - There are too many clients and work for the amount of employees...especially when we are constantly pitching new business.
    - Compensation could be better.
    - Workload and expectations are sometime too high and not spread out evenly among teams.

Advice to Senior Management- Hire people with experience, passion and the ability to teach.
    - Manage resources better. Stop and focus on developing and growing the talent within the walls.
    - Training and Education are key.
    - Look at Contribution and take notice of employees currently going above and beyond.
    - Surprise & Delight.
    - Set realistic goals and timelines.

A Very Likeable Experience

(Current Employee)

ProsThere are lots of reasons to work here and to stay here:
    Opportunity To Grow (Move up or move into something else)
    Ability To Impact Organization and Clients
    Exciting and Fun Work (Never a dull moment)
    Always Improving
    Retreats, Books and Learning
    Bonuses For Hard Work

ConsNot necessarily a con but if you aren't adaptable and interested in change this probably is not the right place for you. There is always something new coming down the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. The vision for the organization is amazing and we will definitely get there. #BringIt

The Ultimate Growing Experience

New York, NY

ProsI have had the opportunity to grow, define my strengths, strengthen my weaknesses, and ultimately contribute to a fantaonstic, fast-paced, rapidly expanding company. Extremely fun environment.

ConsOccasional immature/childish behavior because of very young staff

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is strong and driven! Focus on fewer goals and perfect them!

Likeable's Buzz Builder internship program is a great learning experience.

Buzz Builder (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLearned a lot. Didn't know anything about social media before I started there and quickly gained insight into the fast-paced marketing realm.

ConsBecause it's social media, the office never really turns off. It's hard to separate work from personal life. Additionally, sometimes they have too many interns on one team and too few on others.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance the intern help better. Some teams don't need 5 or 6 buzz builders - and others could use more. Also, if interns ask for more work, be pleased that they want to help - not annoyed that they keep asking.

You get what you put in!

New York, NY

ProsGrowth opportunity clearly based on talent and ability vs. age/former work prestige/etc. This is great for a young company that employs a lot of super eager new employees. The company is still small enough, even though it has a lot of high profile clients, that you know everyone and the culture is really close knit. Management is really available (as in sits literally three feet away from you in the same kind of desk that you are in) and feedback is freely given when asked. Very transparent about what you're doing well and what you can improve so usually I don't think people are surprised at reviews/when they receive constructive criticism.

ConsI don't know if I'd necessarily label this as a con, but this is definitely a work [very] hard, play [very] hard company. The feel is that of a fresh startup, so they expect you to work your ass off, which will often include long hours and nights/weekends. If you're looking to work here make sure you can multitask, stay organized on top of a hectic schedule, and turn things around quickly!

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd love to actually help my manager more in hitting her accountabilities. We review the strategic plan and understand what everyone has to do, but I don't really know HOW they're doing it or what I can do to help. I think delegating some of that work out and getting help from key employees not only will help us better understand but also provide a nice pipeline into the management team.

Worked for Likeable Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Likeable Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Likeable Media CEO Carrie Kerpen . All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Likeable Media employees.