Likeable Media Reviews

Reset
3.8
Likeable Media CEO Carrie Kerpen
Carrie Kerpen

1. Great place to lean and grow.

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are provided a with good team structure and freedom to acquire new skills. You are surrounding by people who are extremely good at what they do.

Cons

In an open office, at times it can get pretty noisy and difficult to concentrate. But, overall, not too bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees the opportunities to grow within the company and recognize them when the accomplish a great feat.

2. A company with a good heart, but poor management

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time

Pros

bright, cheerful staff. willing to work hard to get work done. wonderful attitudes, and a desire to do great work for their clients

Cons

poorly managed, starting at the top. the highest tier of the company has no sense of direction, never sticks to any gameplan, and is constantly trying to change the direction of the company without understanding what the issues were previously

Advice to Management

all companies evolve over time. decide who you want to be, what markets you want to serve and what product you want to promote. then stick with it for at least 6 months before deeming it success or failure

Likeable Media Response

Jul 15, 2015 – CEO

Hi, This is Carrie, the CEO of Likeable Media. First, I want to tell you how very sorry I am that you feel this way. I wish you felt like you could come directly to me to discuss this issue. I am ... More

3. I enjoyed my time with Likable and really learned a lot while interning there.

Pros

The office culture was great - I enjoyed everyone I worked with. It was a laid back atmosphere, but all of the work still got done. They made it fun without sacrificing quality. Everything I needed to do was clearly explained to me and all expectations were give to me beforehand. I was an intern first and got promoted to Associate Content Strategist so I got even more experience.

Cons

I worked at the Boston office before it was closed so we were much smaller than the New York office and sometimes that made us feel disconnected. The only way we talked with the other office was by Skype or Facebook. My pay didn't increase when I was promoted from intern to Associate Content Strategist.

The company is going down

Former Employee - Community Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Community Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Creative people, laid back atmosphere, good culture.

Cons

The company is losing accounts and doesn't have new businesses. You never know when you are going to be fired. They downsized 8 employees in two months. The future of this company is cloudy.

Advice to Management

Get new businesses!

Likeable Media Response

Jul 15, 2015 – CEO

This is Carrie, CEO of Likeable Media. I totally understand how, at the end of 2014, you could feel this way. We did, in fact, do an overhaul of our employees. We also decided to part ways with a ... More

6. cool

Pros

you learn the best and creative agency practices

Cons

they do not promote from within the company

7. So likeable

I worked at Likeable Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, transparency, core values. Lots of cool events. Amazing people to work with. Work hard play hard. Great clients that really get social media.

Cons

Hard work. Fairly competitive pay but could be better. High expectations. Staff is a bit on the young side.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking big!

Good place to work

Pros

They care about their employees and the product they're producing

Cons

Some people feel that the culture isn't what it used to, but I find the growth to be positive

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Associate Community Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Community Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, friendly coworkers, interesting clients

Cons

Small agency, somewhat frequent client turnover

10. What you see isn't always what you get

I have been working at Likeable Media (More than a year)

Pros

Great start up company with a lot of passion. Great culture, people are friends within and outside of the company. Young and entrepreneurial environment. If you like being a big fish in a small pond this is a good place.

Cons

A lot of recent changes in upper management, Still waiting it out to see if it's for the best. Upper management not the best at being good leader, are more concerned with being your "friend". Start up mentality, means it can get scrappy with the employees having to wear many hats and working late.

Advice to Management

Try not to make so many changes, it worries and frightens the employees and doesn't instill confidence in you.

I'm very happy that I work at Likeable Media

Current Employee - Community Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Community Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*People *Culture *Flexibility *Ability to move vertically and horizontal *Leadership *Structure

Cons

You may make less money working at an agency than you might working in-house somewhere. But overall, the career potential, learning, and support you get at Likeable outweighs that.

RSS Feed </> Embed