Lilly UK

Evolution is the key

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

These people really do care. Every year they focus on ensuring the employees know their objectives, understand them, have a development plan, don't get too frustrated... The effort spent on people is huge (if not talking about salaries or bonuses).

Cons

Objectives cannot be met just because is "nice working here", so management have realised they have to change the way they operate. Innovation and risk taking may be the key, but you have to be prepared, and you have to be bold and brave. Current management got to their positions developing other competencies not related to bravery... so Lilly ends up being a company focused in change, but not daring to do it!

Stop talking about change and innovations and do it!

People oriented healthcare company

I worked at Lilly UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People focused
    Care about the patient

Cons

typical bureaucracy with large company

great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Lilly UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, opportunity to learn new skills and develop. You can really make a difference at Lilly to your job and to peoples lives... lots of very talented people and team work is great. great social club with lots going on to suit all tastes. people tend to really like it here and stick around - ther are opportunities to do different things so you don't need to get stuck in a rut... lots of good training - soft skills as well as technical

Cons

Often lots to do - you do need to be prepared to be a bit flexible sometimes with time but your own priorities are taken into account as well and there is always good recognition for a job well done. The pharma industry has lots of challenges and bringin new products out remains top priority and does put some challenges into the business form time to time

Enjoyed my time here

I worked at Lilly UK

Pros

I took a graduate programme here.
    Great environment, great people. Plenty of opportunity to take on significant projects if you show enthusiasm.

Cons

Plenty of regulation but this is to be expected in the industry

Very positive working experience, great co-workers

I worked at Lilly UK as a contractor

Pros

Great work life balance, good leadership, great team.

Cons

cant think of any cons.

Keep up the good work!

Tough times

I worked at Lilly UK

Pros

Good pay and conditions
    Benevolent employer
    Decent offices

Cons

Culture changing, no job security at all. Patent cliff approaching, likely to get worse before it gets better. Therefore little opportunity for career growth in IT. Difficult working with US, lots of job protection going on.

Hang in there, try to be as honest as you can with staff - they're not idiots.

Reorganisation = increased middle management and loss of company cohesion!

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

- Good work/life balance (unless there's a deadline to meet, then expect to work until the small hours!)
    - Good location on M3 corridor
    - Some benefits are competitive, such as final salary pension

Cons

- Salary benchmarking is poor
    - Career progression is slow and based on who you know, not what you know
    - Performance management process is protracted and does not accurately reflect an individual's merits
    - US centric organisation at the Global level
    - Reorganisation of the company has led to even further resource erosion at the lower levels, but an increase in middle management
    - Company unstable: a further 10% to be slashed from permanent employee numbers, yet the number of contractors continues to rise

Promote the most talented, not the most popular (oh, and mandate fewer e-mails and meetings so more actual work can be achieved!)

Good place to work but no longer stands out in a crowd

Current Employee - Operation Technician in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operation Technician in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

I work shift and receive long days off. I work 2 days 2 nights and get 6 days off.

There are opportunities to work on projects i.e. coming off shift and working with a team of people. To see a project through to its completion is satisfying knowing all the hard work you put in.

The pension and benefits scheme is one of the best I have ever seen. it is non contributory. You may also make contributions in the form of SPECS which is taken from salaries there fore not taxed.

Cons

You can do the same job as someone else but don’t receive the same pay. Unfair pay scales based on time served and not knowledge.

I am told that it would take 10 years of doing the same job before I receive the same rate of pay as my colleagues.

I often feel beaten down if I am trying to hard in work, as if people want me to sit back and not work above the line as they call it

Show gratitude when someone has done a good job, however it is done sometimes