Lime Energy Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
3.8

Adam Procell

A job that is fun but poorly rewarded.

Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The task/daily duties of a Energy Auditor is truthfully fun and the autonomy is awesome. It is a pleasure to interact with the utilities end user. Sharing with them the opportunity to improve their facility lighting and save on their monthly energy bill and we do this with offering funds to help offset the project cost. Company provides, laptop, printer, iPad, iPhone and vehicle allowance of $200 p/wk.

Cons

Base salary was slashed 20% but they tried to offset that loss by adding a commission structure (which is a joke). Nearly impossible to make six figures with this company under this structure. Material mark-up is bordering on stealing. Making project cost higher and putting the burden on the small business owner to cover the overcharging of materials.

Define organizational chart for each branch. To many chiefs make for chaos and an atmosphere that weakens the team environment. Respect your energy advisor's. The base salary and commission structure is an embarrassment to the prices being charged for the projects. Put them in a position to earn six figures. Expand Extended Payments to 24 months or negotiate with utility to get project cost added to monthly energy bill. Get red line issues removed. Offer Prescriptive options that can be controlled at the branch level.

Amazing Opportunity

Current Employee - Program Outreach Coordinator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are always valued as an associate and member of the team. There is room for advancement within the company, and management encourages promotion and growth.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

Keep up the great work and I thank you for your continued support.

Dream job

Current Employee - Program Outreach Coordinator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management genuinely cares about you as a person. Your coworkers become like friends. I've only been here 1 year and I've already been promoted!

Cons

Be accountable and motivated and you'll go far at Lime. This isn't a con it's just a heads up for potential employees.

Keep up the amazing job you're doing. You make me feel like more than a faceless employee. Thank you for all you do!

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Program Outreach Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Program Outreach Coordinator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lime Energy creates a positive employee atmosphere. There is room for growth and Lime Energy consistently promotes from with in.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Love working here!

Current Employee - Program Outreach Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Program Outreach Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lime is more than a company that sells energy efficiency, it is a family. From the top down, everyone makes you feel like you can call them at anytime about anything. The benefits are great, the training is constantly improving, there is immense room to grow within the company and the management is great!

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about, i truly enjoy working for Lime Energy!

Keep up the great work with improvements for our company.

Total Chaos

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Lime Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As with anywhere, there are some decent people working here.

Cons

Too much secrecy while claiming "transparency".

Start over from scratch.

A group of parasites and users with shiny smiles.

Former Employee - Good Question in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Good Question in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Lime Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you don't care about a career and are fine with being worked to death, then let go with no notice, you can get a paycheck.

Cons

They bring you on as a "contractor" for three months during which you're evaluated for possible permanent hire after 90 days. No benefits and you work your a** off thinking you'll be hired; they hire you but then you have to wait 2 more months for benefits to kick in; then you're exhausted and they push and push for the insane level of production you cranked out for the first 3 months. If you settle into a normal productivity level, guess what? They hire another "contractor" to take your place.

Stop scamming people, but considering your CEO is an uneducated salesman after the last one was fired, you'll keep on doing the same thing until you eventually crash and burn. And, please---PLEASE--stop with all the "core values" bs.

Pay well but many processes are inefficient, lack of training.

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Wappingers Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Generator in Wappingers Falls, NY

I have been working at Lime Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay well for the area and also offer benefits for your cellphone, mileage, health, dental, 401K and life insurance. They offer up to 10% bonus if you hit your sales goals annually. They give you lots of tools to be successful at your job- laptop, iPad, wireless router, mobile printer, etc...

Cons

They are still developing technologies and processes so many things are not as efficient as possible. Significant lack of training new employees, you have to be willing to figure out most things on your own. The culture isn't what I would expect from an energy efficiency, just feels like any sales jobs, they don't focus on the greater purpose of the work.

Don't bid these utility jobs so low, really unprofessional contractors make us look bad and our customers don't appreciate it.

A great company to work for with great support as long as you do your job.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Lime Energy

Pros

Lime Energy supplies the tools necessary to be successful.

Cons

Board of Directors need to be a little more understanding of what goes on at the lower level.