Limelight Networks

Limelight Networks Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento

Robert Lento

Pros:
  • "The Limelight culture is great, the work environment is fun and casual"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Great perks, including free food, games, and a very casual work environment"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "They just haven't run into what essentially amounts to the BS of upper management yet"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Sales function is not performing to plan, too many new sales people that don't know what they are selling"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best company I've worked for so far

Tempe, AZ

ProsRelaxed work environment in a very flexible schedule
    Easy to step away during the day for a game of pool or ping pong in the office
    Ability to work on cutting edge technology and help develop the tools and products of the internet future
    Work from home whenever needed

ConsAs a salary employee I work about 50-60 hours a week
    Internally many things are dependent on single people - causes issues when you can't get a hold of that one person

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you are keeping employees happy with bonus/pay compensation and carerr growth. No one likes to feel like they are going no where in their career.

Awesome place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGood technology stack and awesome team support to build innovative features, smart people, lots of growth opportunities. Definitely the best company I have worked for in terms of Job as well as the people working around me. Offers flexibility to maintain a work life balance.

ConsNeed to improve on medical plan offerings for families

Good balance of stability versus agility

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking on SaaS solutions with the engineers who build the CDN can lead to cool software.
    A lot of growth in mobile.
    Stable environment without too much red tape.
    Get to release software every 6 weeks.

ConsThere are some overlapping/competing products.
    The various teams could do with more integration.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome more product managers would go a long way.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome employer!

Tempe, AZ

ProsFlexibility, not micro-managed, open communication - information is shared readily to everyone, teamwork -
    To those who had issues - you are responsible for getting your own work done, if assignment is not clear it is up to you to ask for clarification (in other words, be an adult!)

ConsDepartments need to work more cohesively. There is a "that is not my responsibility" attitude in some departments which needs to go away. We are all responsible for ensuring complete customer satisfaction!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the improvements coming!

Excellent Place to Work

Account Representative (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsCompetitive & casual work environment, excellent vision from Executives, strong leadership, good name recognition, good benefits, competitive compensation package, fun team outings, excellent support, and open deli. The company is constantly striving to make their products better, their workplace better, and is a major player in our industry.

ConsPrograms/products are sometimes rolled out before they are completely ready, which cause Support issues, but I've found this to be the case with all companies I've worked for that want to get their products to market.

Innovative technology, motivated and creative people make it a good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company values innovation and improvements. It's a small enough place to have an impact on the business and our products and services. The people are generally great, collaborative, motivated.

ConsThe benefits are just ok. They really need to provide better vacation benefits and incentive pay to be competitive. The Bay Area is a lot more competitive than Tempe.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employee retention one of your high priorities!

Limelight Networks is a great company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsFirst of all, this is a great company to work for. I have a voice, people listen, and I work with a great team. I have worked for other software companies in the past, and I would have to say this has been the best experience so far. Everyone here is passionate about our products and very knowledgeable in their role. There are many opportunities for growth and we are constantly looking for new talent.

ConsI can’t really think of any cons. I like my job. A critique of mine for the company would be that we could use a better method for obtaining needed hardware and software. Currently it is a little tough getting that needed software and hardware without having to contact various people and wait several weeks for the items to arrive. Other than that I really don’t have any complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is great here at Limelight Networks. Management makes me feel like a team player.

Limelight is a great place to work.

Operations Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsThe culture is great. There is a high degree of professionalism that isn't hampered by stuffy, outdated "business" practices. Limelight is a great place to learn and grow and figure out what part of the industry you want to concentrate on. There is so much room for growth and movement that your career can be made entirely within the company.

ConsThe amount of work that needs to be done isn't always managed properly. Like most companies Limelight tries to more with less, and this philosophy extends to personnel. This isn't always a bad thing, but the compensation doesn't necessarily follow the increased job responsibilities.

Very good place to work, glad I landed here.

Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsThe technology is fairly unique. There aren't a lot of competitors in the CDN or video delivery world, and they've carved out a good area of business. There's a smaller company feel to the environment, with casual dress code, lots of little perks (excellent benefits, plenty of vacation time, telework opps, free onsite deli in the Tempe HQ and lots of snacks in the other offices). Most of management is fairly engaged and in touch with needs, and crew is fairly knowledgable. Bosses are very proactive when it comes to finding and acknowledging team's ongoing projects and challenges. Salaries are fairly competitive. Laid-back office allows people the chance to unwind with games, pool table, etc. Very interested in providing you what you need, equipment-wise, to succeed, and do not balk at equipment or reimbursement for travel costs, unlike other organizations I have worked for. I enjoy working here and have even referred a handful of friends and former colleagues. I've even had a couple of nibbles for a bit more money since starting and have turned them down based on what I have in hand here. It's not perfect (where is, I'd ask), but it's good enough to make it a coveted place to work in my book.

ConsYou will work fairly hard for your salary, and in some cases the company needs to hire/train more resources to cover certain project areas which frequently come up, rather than heavily exploit a few resources that are already spread thin over other areas (on-call rotations are a sore subject sometimes because of this). Merging of several different companies has resulted in a slightly fragmented culture that hasn't quite unified yet; this is especially apparent in relationships between certain departments at times (i.e. technical and sales). Because of the acquisition history, some platforms are bleeding edge while others depend on legacy technology, which translates to a weird mishmash.Training is way behind the curve, with minimal documentation and an onboarding process that can easily take months. Sometimes, management doesn't always know what exactly is happening with their teams/projects, although they do take care to try and stay on top of developments. Salary is good, but some larger companies with similar roles can afford to do better by between 20-30% typically. Finally, because it is a smaller IT niche, not all skills learned here will necessarily benefit you down the road if you're looking for a place that will act as a rung in your ladder of career advancement and learning.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few more people, create a bit more transparency and employee communication, and talk more with your people about needs, growth, and career path.

The best place I have ever worked, great people all the way from the top of the "food chain" to the bottom.

Deli Associate (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat hours, nice people, comfortable work atmosphere, great benefits. I have only been here for just over three weeks and can already tell that this is the last place that I will be working!

ConsI have yet to find a downside to working at Limelight Networks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that I would have is to change the new hire orientation. It seemed to be geared all towards sales new hires.

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Limelight Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Limelight Networks CEO Robert Lento . All 122 reviews posted anonymously by Limelight Networks employees.