Limelight Networks

Limelight Networks Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento

Robert Lento

Pros:
  • "The Limelight culture is great, the work environment is fun and casual"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Great perks, including free food, games, and a very casual work environment"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "They just haven't run into what essentially amounts to the BS of upper management yet"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Sales function is not performing to plan, too many new sales people that don't know what they are selling"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The best place I have ever worked, great people all the way from the top of the "food chain" to the bottom.

Deli Associate (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat hours, nice people, comfortable work atmosphere, great benefits. I have only been here for just over three weeks and can already tell that this is the last place that I will be working!

ConsI have yet to find a downside to working at Limelight Networks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that I would have is to change the new hire orientation. It seemed to be geared all towards sales new hires.

At Limelight I have found a happy, strong, and passionate company where I feel valued,supported and proud to work in.

Tempe, AZ

ProsInfections passion for what we do, strong sense of community, great benefits, awesome team

ConsSome people may have jobs only because of who they know.

Exhilarating and exhausting all in one

Technical (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsFlexible, relaxed and minimal pressure. Immediate management is confident in workforce abilities

ConsResources are a little thin, creating some amount of over worked feeling. Some achievements not recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the people on staff's talents and utilize them. No one is proficient in every area, but can be conditioned to perform as needed in weaker talents. Nurture experienced employees to broaden their skills. Disregard of someone not up to par in one area does not negate their overall value.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company

Tempe, AZ

ProsI like the atmosphere at work, and most people are easy to work with.

ConsNot really to say except that people need to be a little more professional

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of communication and upper management to do act professional at all. Management is not suppose to the using foul language when talking to your staff

Limelight - Amazing technology, Creative Employees, and of course the Deli

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsWorking with one of the best high performance computing platforms on a day to day basis. The company has some of the best engineers in the industry. The ability to learn something new everyday is wonderful for a growing employee/career. The flexibility of hours allows for greater performance from employees along with meeting personal needs. Team work along with individual work. Work hard and get rewarded.

Deli is better then subway, variety of snacks, soups, make your own concoction. Always ready to fuel the employees.

ConsAfter working at many different places, this is one place that if there is a complaint take it up with upper management to get it corrected. Management is very proactive about complaints and correcting the cons. From my previous place of employment this is a dream career come true.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging the employees to work hard.

Great team, challenging projects, fun atmosphere, customer focused

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsGreat balance of focus on delivering features to customers while also having fun and a life. Great management and a startup feel with backing and strength of a big company. Great support from entire management chain from CEO to local managers.

Great team of intelligent and fun co-workers.

Cons(minor quibbles) Seattle office not as nice as Tempe, not as many free perks. Some legacy systems (but we have prioritized refactoring those)...

not much to complain about really.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep: great culture and balance that we've got going, employee engagement, continuous improvement
    Improve: central bureaucracy/politics from the "mother ship" keeps threatening to creep in and slow us down, but we (executives + management + employees) are managing to keep it at bay so far.

Great Growing Company

(Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsPeople & Perks. You'll work with some of the smartest people you've ever met. The perks are outstanding. Besides the infamous free deli, you'll enjoy great medical/dental/life/401k benefits, events, a wonderful location, casual dress, casual humor, all with a supportive team. If you do well, you will be rewarded. Great work environment!

ConsThere are still growing pains, although I see that as a benefit - a great opportunity to create legacy processes and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure every department is transparent to upper mgmt. in the way they handle their employees. My positive experience may not reflect what goes on in other departments. And remember that job security, respect, and potential advancement is sometimes a better motivator than cash.

Fun, Energetic, cutting edge technical environment

Vice President of Operations (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsLimelight is adaptive, creative, and energizing place to work! The company thrives on speed and agility to deliver next gen digital presence services. The technical proficiency in their support put limelight in the top tier of technical companies in the valley of the sun.

ConsThe Proximity to major highways tend to make it challenging to commute during peak traffic times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive the culture that has made limelight such a great place to work. It's critical to the success of any company to listen to the front line, middle management and continually create engagement across all teams.

Best place to work... anywhere!

Sales Operations (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsI am so lucky to be working at Limelight. My spouse, family, and friends are all jealous, and when I hear about their jobs, I can't blame them! They care about and take care of their employees. Tons of perks, from a free deli and several fully stocked break areas, to free healthcare, to the very relaxed work environment. They value employee contributions and seek their input in decision making. They find your talents and your strengths and let you utilize them. If you’re not in the perfect position, that’s ok, you can get there while you’re working at Limelight. Seriously, the best job I've ever had.

ConsI wish there was a more consistent experience across the company. I realize it’s impossible to have nothing but perfect managers across the company, but given some of the negative reviews and comments, it shows that there’s some inconsistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to repeat what we’re doing well across the entire organization. Everyone should have the opportunity to love their job as much as I do, and I think that has a lot to do with direct managers.

Great place to work if you are a self starter

Seattle, WA

Pros- At epicenter of growing market for digital presence
    - Lots of opportunities for growth
    - Startup environment in a financially solid company
    - Risk taking is accepted and rewarded

Cons- Not a lot of process
    - In the doghouse with Wall Street right now
    - Leadership is geographically dispersed

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a unified goal to the troops and they will rally around you.

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Limelight Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Limelight Networks CEO Robert Lento . All 122 reviews posted anonymously by Limelight Networks employees.