Limelight Networks Reviews

150 reviews filtered by
2.8
Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento
Robert Lento

Pros
  • Free Food Casual Environment Super Awesome people and Culture (in 16 reviews)

• The Limelight culture is great, the work environment is fun and casual (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • They just haven't run into what essentially amounts to the BS of upper management yet (in 10 reviews)

• Sales function is not performing to plan, too many new sales people that don't know what they are selling (in 5 reviews)

1. Best Employer in the Tempe

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership and organizational discipline quickly translating into best of breed for the industry it serves, content delivery, CDN.

Cons

Fierce competition by both market leaders and new comers hide the incredible story unfolding, as Limelight will most likely be, the hottest turn around story this decade.

Advice to Management

There's more than Tribal Leadership, however, only God is perfect! Great job Team!

2. Great environment

I have been working at Limelight Networks

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Cafe
    Great working environment
    Life/Work balance
    Competitive pay
    Decent medical coverage
    Paid holidays
    Vacation pay
    Relaxed fun environment

Cons

Higher medical deductible, but that is with most medical coverage's any more.

Advice to Management

Keep growing internal employees to maintain long term good employees. Incentives like the cafe are fantastic. Keep those up to maintain happy employees.

Cool company that is moving in the right direction!

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch everyday, good base pay, laid back work environment, good 401k options, employee stock plan with discounts, nice career growth opportunities

Cons

Sometimes lack of features with certain product will potentially lose business deals.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction!

5. Awesome place to work at.

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Lot's of flexibility, very good benefits, free deli, great area, excellent culture, no red tape to get things done. Still has a start up fun mentality- but is moving towards teen years. This is a great thing.

Cons

Stock price is a bit low (although is rising). Analysts still have hesitation regarding company.

Advice to Management

Stay rooted. Keep moving towards following process.

Love the company and it's direction- so far so good.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Limelight Networks provides an excellent service- LLNW is an up and coming player in the CDN field (Unique technology/patents vs. competition in several ways). LLNW is currently a definite underdog and I'm truly excited to be a part of it's success. The markets desire to pump dynamic content over the internet to end users (especially mobile) is only going to continue to expand rapidly.

- Well defined company values. Office has solid moral, free food, flexible work hours, intelligent and driven peers. Tempe HQ is a lot of fun.

- Several new employees at the C-Level (hired within the last year) have a solid road map on how to get Limelight Networks more market share. Management has been awesome so far. Strict yet understanding. Some individuals running the network teams are truly brilliant.

- Management is genuinely understanding and listens to employees needs. Manager's are humble and don't try to dominate conversation with their direct reports (this is so refreshing).

- Competitive Salary, low stock price (I'm buying).

Cons

Historically, I've heard that this company [before my start date] was mismanaged and used too many systems, along with some other issues that do NOT appear to exist any longer. It was a 10 year old company that still behaved like a start up. This is no longer true. And I've seen this in several ways.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Moral is strong amongst employees. Looking forward to see where we're headed.

Genuinely glad to be here

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me just say that I consider myself to be working my dream job so I'm going to be very optimistic in my review. Your mileage may vary. Everyone's experience is unique.

The good: interesting product mix, challenging business problems that employees have the opportunity to play a part in solving, and a company that listens and responds to the needs of all stakeholders (employees, customers, and shareholders). New leadership team has a valid strategic vision and is taking steps to achieve it - I have seen progress since I joined the company 2 QTRs ago. The high growth environment has given me the chance to play a visible role in building this company's success, and seeing the tangible results of those efforts is rewarding. I can only speak for my department, but we've brought on top notch senior leadership with real experience running large software/technology corporations and the teams that power them. Every day I get exposed to great minds across various functions - some of the smartest people I've worked with and usually willing to share their knowledge if you just ask. Is our stock through the roof? No, but fixing that problem is part of the fun!

To address the concerns of other reviewers: (1) I don't believe that the Marketing department is posting falsely positive reviews on this site. I've met plenty of people who are thrilled to work for Limelight and believe they, like me, are writing authentic 5 star reviews because they've had 5 star experiences. (BTW it is HR, not Marketing, that is responsible for recruitment. Marketing would have no reason to paint a falsely rosey picture of employee engagement on a site like Glassdoor.) (2) There is turnover in some departments which is very common when new leadership takes over. I understand there have been some frustrations with changes in the organization and some individuals have left, but there are also long term employees who are still here, or have left and returned, because things are moving in a positive direction. The CEO holds open forums, luncheons, etc. to let employees voice concerns, and I have seen entirely new programs developed as a direct response to concerns voiced in those meetings. Management is transparent and open about making this company an employer of choice. (3) Speaking from personal experience I can say that salary and benefits are great. Health, life, long term/short term disability, free food... our benefits are better than many other, much larger companies. Granted I live in Tempe (lower cost than some other cities we're located in) but between the solid compensation package and company culture I feel pretty lucky to be at Limelight. (4) Employees can grow with this company. We just initiated a goals tracking system to clarify precisely what employees should be measured on, and we have visibility into the goals of senior management. There are constant product and sales training sessions, conferences to attend, articles and useful industry info circulated - no tuition reimbursement but other benefits make up for it IMHO. Given my so far short tenure here I can't speak to ascension opportunities but if you're in it for the learning and professional development it seems like an excellent place to be. (Everyone deserves to advance in their careers and I have heard many people complain there aren't opportunities to progress in responsibility, salary, and title here but I just haven't been around long enough to know for sure.) (5) Yep you'll work a lot of hours but flextime/work from home arrangements have made that possible for me, even while trying to balance family and personal life. Technology is magic that way.

If you're willing to put in the hard work, be flexible with a company that's at this stage of growth, and maintain a good attitude even when there are setbacks... then you can thrive here.

Cons

High growth companies aren't for everybody. If you prefer a company where processes are already 100% in place, or want total stability, then you might not be happy at Limelight just yet (give it 2 years). We're also still integrating ourselves out culturally; acquisitions and decentralized engineering driven organization can cause dissonance among departments/regions/old-vs-new employees.

Advice to Management

Get more women in leadership positions right away. It's not acceptable that the entire Board of Directors, entire C-suite, and all but one a very few VP level positions are filled by men. Continue everything you're doing to address the concerns voiced by your customers, shareholders, and employees. Remain open to candid feedback.

Company is really going places!

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

The company is finally starting to lose its "start-up" mentality and work towards growing up and being the large company that I always knew it could be. Getting in now while we are on the rocket ride upwards with the new management team would be advisable.

Cons

There is not a lot of loyalty to keeping good employees at this time, but they are actively working on this issue.

Advice to Management

Need to work to keep the 'good guys' on staff and not let other companies poach so many of them.

Good to Great

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is moving in the right direction and is taking every opportunity to listen to the employees. Yes, there is change. The company wants to become better and things will have to change in order to get there. Some people who don't like the direction have complained and left. Current employees can speak and make a difference. It is great.

Yes, there can be longer hours every now and then. We take care of customers and if something isn't working (happens with technology), then we will help our customers.

The people who work for Limelight are extremely intelligent and knowledgeable. They are more than willing to help at all times and are always accessible. I have been able to reach out to every person in the company including C-Level in order to get help.

The deli is great. It is pretty nice to have free drinks all over the place. I have no idea about someone's comments regarding alcoholism as I have seen nothing to show that. Casual dress code is a nice plus as well.

Cons

There are some cons. Internally, there is an adjustment going on with new senior management as can be expected. The new executives are smart people and understand business. They aren't here to hurt the company and haven't come in with their own ideas to implement with no advice from others.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with the employees as you have been doing. It is appreciated and your accessibility is rare in most companies.

Great company. A lot of opportunity.

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

New management team has the experience to take Limelight to the next level.
    Great products.
    Smart and fun colleagues
    Good vision. Execution this year will be key.
    Good work environment.
    Talented employees
    Employees work hard and want the company and it's customers to succeed.
    Great customers.

Cons

None come to mind.
    The company is still in transition -- but heading in the right direction.
    Need some processes put in place, but light on the bureaucracy please.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to employees.
    Continue to demonstrate to employees that you are a team and are all working together.
    Stick with the vision.
    Stay the course.

11. challenging and emotional experience that has built out my skill set no end and has improved myself confidence in both

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic team to work with, everyone is here to work hard but still have at the same time. I get to work with a range of different businesses and clients and met lots of new and interesting people on a weekly basis

Cons

Sometime the work life balance is disturbed but overall its pretty good.

Advice to Management

Come visit the EMEA team more

Limelight Networks Photos