Limelight Networks

Updated October 16, 2014
3.1

Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento
Robert Lento

Pros
  • The Limelight culture is great, the work environment is fun and casual (in 16 reviews)

• Great perks, including free food, games, and a very casual work environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • They just haven't run into what essentially amounts to the BS of upper management yet (in 9 reviews)

• Sales function is not performing to plan, too many new sales people that don't know what they are selling (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Quite the mess

Current Employee - CDN Technical Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - CDN Technical Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had a FULLY stocked kitchen. My grocery bill went to almost 0. Great benefits, and close to Tempe bars. My shift was amazing

Cons

Everything else? No training for "required" material. Management was a mess. The support team was lazy and inept. Pay was middling, at best. close to Tempe bars

Organize yourselves much better. Don't hire cokeheads as the head of IT?

Lots of changes, but transitioning in the right direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great company to work for that's in a great period of positive transition. If you like working with smart resources, this is a great place to be. Company in the past has been run more like a start up, longer than it should have. But the new management team has a solid business plan with positive results.

Office culture is great; fun team to work with.

Cons

Management change is always hard on any company. Org chart is constantly in a change of flux... if you're flexible, you'll be fine.

Best to focus on retention at this point, stabilize the organization, and lead from the top.

A diverse work force with talented people

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Opportunities for training and friendly office environment

Cons

Frequent organizational changes; communication across different offices can be challenging

Change is a part of any work environment. It's how those changes are introduced that will affect buy-in and and drive morale.

Chaos

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Fantastic sales people and supportive sales managers

Cons

no direction, general marketing ,message that adds little value.

Focus on the challenger sales technique and ensure that you have something unique to provide

Great Employer

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits at LLNW are great, the values are in line with our mission, and unlimited vacation policy is amazingly flexible. There is a lot of room for career growth and development in this company. The atmosphere is clean, bright and cheery.

Cons

My main complaint is that middle management has the tendency of overreacting and not handling crisis management well. There is definitely room for improvement that our new c-suite team is doing a great job trying to improve. They are placing new industry experienced Senior VPs that help Mgr to Director level employees improve in this area.

Please supply more management training in the areas of HR, Cultural Diversity and Crisis Management. Please...not video trainings. Actual experienced trainers that can provide in-person training courses in efforts to help them become more effective leaders. Middle Management should also look at this type of training as an opportunity to improve not a waste of their time.

A startup that has not grown up...

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back, free deli, open PTO policy and some great people to work with. There are a lot of games like pool, ping pong, darts and shuffleboard to get your mind off work for a bit. Given the right conditions, there is a lot of opportunity to make good changes happen there.

Cons

Lack of accountability, direction and unity. Projects make it to 80%, then the next shiny object seen is the new focus. Fire drills overrule quality and doing it right the first time. The startup mentality of just get it done and make it work, needs to change. The salary isn't bad, but usually not up to industry. Most people have to leave in order to get a decent raise.

Get the direction set and advertised. Promote communication between organizations as a lot of people are duplicating work and don't know the direction of other organizations. Do more employee appreciation events and compensate you employees that produce. A company wide bonus structure would be a good morale and retention strategy.

Who you know not what you know

I worked at Limelight Networks

Pros

Free food at deli. That's about it.

Cons

No career growth at all in this company. Lots of politics. You have to be in the circle in order to get where you want to go within the company. If you are not in the circle, you are in a lost land. No one cares and no one appreciates you. It is really sad. They promote people who makes tons of mistakes over and over again; and also those who have no experience. You know why? Again, it is who you know not what you know!

I've got nothing.. it does not matter. If the management wants to listen to what their employees think, they should have done that a long time ago. Since I am no longer working there, my advice and opinion does not matter anymore.

Sales Engineer

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Apac (Uganda)
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Apac (Uganda)

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, fair management, work-liffe balance

Cons

competitions with local service providers

consider local office management

Welcome to Convergys 2.0!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As with most jobs, the people make it enjoyable. Flexible hours and the company deli are also a nice perks.

Cons

Welcome to Convergys 2.0! Did you used to work at Convergys and are currently unemployed? Well don't worry, even if you are grossly unqualified for the job, Limelight Networks has a Director, VP or C-level position waiting for you! It is disgusting how the new regime is so blatantly bringing in their pals to fill positions that should be filled by local qualified individuals or better yet, promote from within..Cronyism at it's best. The new motto is "Spend it like it's your's". Apparently this means hire all manager and above level employees from outside of AZ and require them to travel to Tempe on a weekly basis.

You have a good thing going here, don't let your greed and Cronyism mess this up. Hire local talent and promote from within. You have to stop hiring unqualified people, especially Convergys employees. Your lack of honesty is transparent. Don't give up on your employees and this once wonderful company.

Veni, Vidi, Vici (and then I left)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, innovation and technology driven (on the surface)

This place has so much potential and it would be nice to see it get there when it finds the right leadership

Cons

No matter what position / role you are in if Executive is not in your title your input is not welcomed and/or valued. Open door policies are irrelevant...this place thrives on NEPOTISM. You want opportunity? Talk to the nearest VP and see if he needs his lawn mowed. If you do a good job they'll put you on the super secret bonus plan. Good luck with that since they haven't turned a profit in a long while.

I waited a few years before posting my comments, waiting and hoping. I watched the new leadership team come in and I've seen no potential for change. I've seen the stock continue on a downward trend and listened to the leadership provide no real response to the industry analysts.

Why can't they turn the corner already? Because each department is it's only Empire State building with an Executive ape sitting on top...ruling by fear and intimidation and slingin' poo at every that comes close to his domain. Yes, I said "HIS"...don't expect to find women on the leadership team.

To add to the comments about marketing influencing the number of positive ratings...just go back through the old ones and you'll spot the patterns.

I got nothing...and it wouldn't matter anyway

Limelight Networks Photos