Limelight Networks Reviews

Reset

Chaotic, insane hours

Former Employee - Marketing/Writing in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing/Writing in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, the fields Limelight operates in are very pertinent in today's technology arena and economy. Cloud, video, content delivery. Some really smart people work there. Growing global presence. Potential to be a good company. Top echelon of mgmt has pretty good heart--but needs to let people have their weekends and evenings work-free.

Cons

I had too many bosses over my time there. No formal product training existed--everything was in people's heads or in old internal wiki notes. A lot of churn. It seemed that people either worked there a really long time or not much time at all...some of the developers really need to grow up--they hold the company back.

Advice to Management

Integrate people better--and include remote employees in more in-person meetings so they can do their jobs better. Be more aware of back-stabbing with your directs--some of them are real "players" more than good teammates.

Cool company that is moving in the right direction!

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch everyday, good base pay, laid back work environment, good 401k options, employee stock plan with discounts, nice career growth opportunities

Cons

Sometimes lack of features with certain product will potentially lose business deals.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction!

3. Awesome place to work at.

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Lot's of flexibility, very good benefits, free deli, great area, excellent culture, no red tape to get things done. Still has a start up fun mentality- but is moving towards teen years. This is a great thing.

Cons

Stock price is a bit low (although is rising). Analysts still have hesitation regarding company.

Advice to Management

Stay rooted. Keep moving towards following process.

5. A great learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in the Operations area, things could get hectic, but every day was an opportunity to learn and improve technical abilities. Schedule was often changing, but management was quite flexible to accommodate to one's personal life needs and priorities. It was a great team that was constantly collaborating and helping each other to succeed. Also, a fully stocked deli that provided free meals was a great plus!

Cons

Promotions and salary increases took a long time to happen. Communication between different departments (e.g. technical to non-technical) was often poor.

6. Never seen so many disgruntled employees.

Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, free lunch, new technology.

Cons

I have never in my life seen so many disgruntled employees - specifically Operations and Engineering. The main issue, which everyone in the company is aware of, is employee turnover. Make sure you get the salary you desire when you start, because working your way up in the company will not get you a raise. There is a $40,000 gap in salary between employees in the same department, I've never seen anything like it. Executives think everyone is expendable, managers know this isn't the case. The turnover issues continue.

Advice to Management

Pay your current employees what they are worth. Pay them what they would make working for a competitor, and what you would pay an external hire applying for the same position.

7. Great company

I have been working at Limelight Networks

Pros

Great people- free lunch and snacks- unlimited PTO- great sales mindset

Cons

Unrealistic expectations; stock price is incredibly low

8. Ugh

I worked at Limelight Networks

Pros

- Free food in the kitchen and free drinks. - The location of the office is great

Cons

- The team I worked with was highly disorganized - the biggest issues this created were that projects that needed to be reviewed would wait for long periods of time and there was enough context-switching required that it killed productivity. - Communication was nearly non-existent - Key players were seldom in meetings

Advice to Management

- Improve project planning - use Agile or Waterfall across the company - something more than a calendar and todo lists - Improve communication - bring in everyone who touches projects, no matter which team they're on or whether they're FTEs or contractors

Limelight company review

I worked at Limelight Networks

Pros

Very good company to work for. Nice office and nice employment policies. Excellent onsite amenities such as daily catered food.

Cons

Lot of turnover in the IT department. They were trying to turn direction of the company and were making a lot of old timers un happy. Not sure if the situation has settled down or not.

Advice to Management

Define clear business strategy and select projects to pursue that strategy

Love the company and it's direction- so far so good.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Limelight Networks provides an excellent service- LLNW is an up and coming player in the CDN field (Unique technology/patents vs. competition in several ways). LLNW is currently a definite underdog and I'm truly excited to be a part of it's success. The markets desire to pump dynamic content over the internet to end users (especially mobile) is only going to continue to expand rapidly. - Well defined company values. Office has solid moral, free food, flexible work hours, intelligent and driven peers. Tempe HQ is a lot of fun. - Several new employees at the C-Level (hired within the last year) have a solid road map on how to get Limelight Networks more market share. Management has been awesome so far. Strict yet understanding. Some individuals running the network teams are truly brilliant. - Management is genuinely understanding and listens to employees needs. Manager's are humble and don't try to dominate conversation with their direct reports (this is so refreshing). - Competitive Salary, low stock price (I'm buying).

Cons

Historically, I've heard that this company [before my start date] was mismanaged and used too many systems, along with some other issues that do NOT appear to exist any longer. It was a 10 year old company that still behaved like a start up. This is no longer true. And I've seen this in several ways.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Moral is strong amongst employees. Looking forward to see where we're headed.

11. Worst company to work for

I worked at Limelight Networks

Pros

Nice business cards and nice HQ in downtown Tempe

Cons

CEO is a joke, network is never working, cannot deliver on SaaS products. When your CEO's name in spanish means SLOW (Lento) you are doomed

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

RSS Feed </> Embed