Limkokwing University of Creative Technology

Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Reviews

Updated February 27, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
2.0
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Founder & President Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Lim Kok Wing
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Lim Kok Wing

1. Horrible Place to Work and Live.

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Multi Cultural Environment
    Good Starting Point

Cons

No compensation
    No benefits
    Horrible management structure
    Unprofessional president and senior management
    Work-life balance is almost non existent, you're expected to work anytime anywhere without expecting any additional benefits, some employees compare the situation to modern slavery.
    The President of the university, Tan Sri Limkokwing has had cases of sexual harassment. If you're a female and consider working in Limkokwing, try to stay away from him.

Rebuild the whole structure. Senior management team is hopeless and disappointing; so I assume if anything can happen to make things better, it has to come from a new generation of managers in Limkokwing. Respect people, at least a little, they're human beings like you.

2. Marketing Excecutive

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of people, amazing diversity of nationalities, religions, languages. A truly multicultural environment.

Cons

Unclear KPIs. Work A LOT of extra hours without payment. Completely disrespectful treat from senior management.

Focus more on the quality of the education.

3. Worst University Possible

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time

Pros

Some great colleagues, and when you go through trauma together, it bonds you
    Very diverse student group.

Cons

Barely a functioning university.
    Work 48 hours per week at the university, minimum, many unpaid overtime and weekend hours required, especially at marketing events.
    Teach upwards of 8 different courses per term. Some people were literally teaching 40+ hours in 12 or more courses.
    They fake all their accreditation details including removing staff and students from rosters, changing grades, faking student work.
    The management and president are cruel and clueless, a terrible combination.
    They are sexist. Women all keep stilettos at their desk to go talk to management.
    The management frequently harasses female employees and berates everyone.
    Lecturers are treated very poorly in all aspects. They are treated as interchangeable.
    Then again, many of the lecturers were bachelor degree students the very semester before, so they are often not remotely qualified.
    People are fired at the drop of a hat for any reason whatsoever.
    The insurance is just a clinic on campus where they'll give you steroids, antibiotics, and pain killer no matter the issue.
    They literally only care about making money. The marketing department was bigger than any of the faculties, that should tell you something about priorities.

You are not allowed to fail students for ANY reason, including never attending a single class. Worst case scenario, they defer to next term, but if they show up AT ALL and turn ANYTHING AT ALL in, you have to give them a C-, which by the way is 45%.

This is seriously the worst job, I, and many others I talked to, have ever had. Unless you are sincerely desperate, avoid it at all costs.

You should turn academic standards around completely. You should treat employees like people. Stop boasting about doing great things and do them.

5. A lot of things to learn but disorganized management.

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time

Pros

You learn a lot!
    Talented and creative people from around the globe will inspire you. One department may have up to 5 different nationalities. My department (Marketing) had people from about 15 different countries.

Cons

Work/Life Balance. What life?
    Sometimes I had to work on Sundays just to please to Boss.

Clean up the management. Big Boss does not have to know everything BUT he must listen to complains from the clients (students, parents, etc).

6. the best relationship between the lecturers and students in a peaceful environment

Current Employee - IT/Software Engineering/Networking/Research/Multimedia in Kuala Selangor (Malaysia)

I have been working at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

more familiar with lecturers and other friends-more close to my home address-without having hard discipline I can work better and harder because the whole university is very friendly and trust-able

Cons

I didn't see any down side about Limkokwing university until now

I don't have any advice to give the management, because i know that all of the managers are chosed by Tun Sri Limkokwing who knows how to lead the whole university better than my advice

Great time with colleague but not with management

Former Employee - Lecturer in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Pros

Last time the salary are better than other private university

Cons

Unclear KPI.
    Lecturer are burden with overloading teaching hours as management are nt hiring.
    Lecturer are burden with marketing target.
    Lecturer are blame for failing students even tho student only came for final exam.
    Management should listen feedback from staff.
    VP seems running all around and everything

Appreciate staff more

8. a learning curve

Current Employee - Lecturer in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Lecturer in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

I have been working at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology

Pros

make myself useful, most academics are so we exchange a lot of info. you learn everyday. we are all young and energetic.

Cons

the management does not treat it members of stuff as people, the violet workers rights everyday.THERE IS ALSO POOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN STUFF AND MANAGEMENT.

they need to have someone from senior management right here in botswana , how can be able to take serious decissions here.

9. It would have been better if there was good management

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology

Pros

good place for a starter

Cons

lack of good management structure