Lincare Holdings

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on(in 5 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees(in 29 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps(in 20 reviews)

Valuable experience, terrible company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees master the art of stress management. After the experience working for Lincare, you are given the tools to handle working anywhere.

ConsMistreatment by upper management. High turn over, terrible company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting under qualified, uneducated people in area management roles.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Review from (5 + years) Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDo your research before accepting a position with this company.

ConsTraining and tools to be successful in hired positions are lacking. There is a high turn over of employees. Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees. An unreasonable amount of responsibilities are placed on limited staff. Low wages and pay.

Extremely Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working with a couple people in my immediate area.

ConsPromotions are issued based on friendships only, not skill or hard work. Upper management is lacking formal education. Horrible management of product availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees on the front line. I read many reviews and decided to take a chance with Lincare. It was nothing short of a complete waste of a year of my life.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good industry, archaic & narrow-minded upper management

Sales Representative (Former Employee) California City, CA

ProsGood industry & very good level of patient focus & care

ConsLincare upper management consider employees very disposable....very high turn-over of employees at Lincare. Employees are overworked and underpaid and have to work with archaic computer systems. Lots more cons

Advice to Senior ManagementTake off your blinders and put energy towards employee retention-would be good for bottom line.

Sales Representative

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsCompany is good with their patients.

ConsVery stressful, management is quick to get rid of someone they do not like or is not the right "fit"

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in Sales Representatives and Center Managers

Do NOT apply

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsReceipt of paycheck on payday.

ConsLeaders are friends and unrealistic

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace Akron OH RBCO management

Great company to work for

Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

Prosyou get a set schedule, so no last minute schedule changes (sometimes night shift was bumped to day shift for the holidays but you get plenty of notice ahead of time), pay is great $10/hr plus incentives, my first month on the floor I received 4th tier (the highest), training can be stressful for new timers but my trainer was a lot of fun and I made great friends in my training class, very easy to get orders since the patients already need the items anyways (you do have to reach minimum goals), good benefits, holiday pay, great food in the cafeteria, family environment, company picnics, I was really nervous at first but turns out I am natural on the phones and was very successful. The only reason I left was because I moved and the local center near my new place didn't have any openings. It was a great job.

ConsIncredibly strict on attendance, calling out or leaving early is a write up (you can get up to 6 qrite ups a year before you get fired). management were nice but they tend to make you feel like an idiot for asking questions and can be very sarcastic (I worked here for 4 months so of course I would ask questions).

Advice to Senior Managementteach your managers about positive reinforcement, of course constructive criticism should not be forgot but when an employee is doing well let them know!

A Place to make a few dollars.

ProsIf you like overtime, it is offered often and sometimes made mandatory without warning. CS center has a high turnover rate!

ConsLittle to no room for advancement from this position, company does not provide raises after extensive training, no raises after 6 months, or even after a year. The company has a broad base for hiring, so you will work with a wide range of personalities and some are very difficult to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that employees should be valued, especially when 4-6 months of training is involved. Small raises would make a big difference in the ability to retain employees, especially if you can not provide acknowledgement for a job well done. It might even help if the start up salary was $1.00 more for new hires.

Dysfunctional all-around. Listen to negative reviews on here. They are dead on accurate.

ProsRegular paycheck (raises are a cluster)

Experience (if no other job available. Seriously. Even then, your time may be spent better elsewhere)

Patients (you get to help/work with people who genuinely need you)

ConsManagement works like an episode of Mad Men. Area managers have total control of firing, hiring, and pay. Most AM's are unqualified, over-worked, and untrained, and the hiring reflects that. Human resources abuses are common because there is no one keeping AM's in check (harassment, bullying, sexual favors for bonuses). Seriously. The only goal is to make money. Patients, employees, referrals are all secondary to money - if they can get away with it, they will make you do it. Everything filters down from them - the disorganization, the attitude and tone of LINCARE, the high turnover, lack of direction, borderline illegal practices. They are borderline sociopaths and aggressive by necessity to do what they have to do.

Center managers are usually untrained (for ALL positions, training consists of following around someone at a different center for 4 days and some BS check-offs sheets that no one takes seriously). That's it - sink or swim. Under constant pressure, high expectations, constantly stressed out or getting yelled at to meet expectations with little support or direction. Shelf life is 2 years. I wouldn't touch that job with a 10ft poll.

Sales is a revolving door. Pay is terrible except at larger centers. If you can't keep your numbers up, they will cycle you out. No corporate credit card (YOU pay for lunches and get reimbursed), same for gas and travel. Need $2000 cash just to get started (4 lunches at 300 each equals 1200 plus gas and smaller visits for one month). Self life is 6 months to a year. I've had 5 after 3 years at LINCARE.

Service Reps are worked like dogs. This is the most clean cut position at the center with clear job goals and expectations. Least stressful, though large workload. At larger centers, expectations are often unrealistic. If there are enough SR's to meet the patient load and your manager isn't completely incompetent or petty (and you can stand high turnover) it's not a bad job. You have to screw up big time to get fired (or tick off a CM or AM). Lower turnover than other positions. Shelf life is 5 years.

Healthcare Specialist is the best job at the center. It pays well, works mostly with patients, some sales expectations. Lower turnover. HCS are the most normal and mainstream people at the center. Most could do sales or CM but won't because it's so crazy and stressful.

Bottome line: overall it's a dysfunctional, stressful, crazy place. Most people drink and smoke to cope. You need a very thick skin and the ability to walk away from the job at any point.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Worst company I have ever seen!!!!!

Service Representative (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsAs a service rep your not stuck In an office and overtime is good considering your underpaid.

Conscorporate is clueless and DOES NOT back their employees. VERY high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBACK UP YOUR EMPLOYEES!!

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!